restricted builds

Ok so after talking to a few people, and attempting several builds i have come to the conclusion that something just isn't right.

There seems to be something screwed up between (name class) only, and (name class) restricted. As far as builds go.

My proof? In live i had a Devistating Gaze (Jenqui only) made by a Progen. meaning the Progen had to learn the build from the drop, which of course was , a Jenqui only beam.

The beam being transfered to me from the builder

fvfyvn.jpg

The beam with the builders name on it!!

f4464g.jpg

So I think perhaps someone needs to check the code as it is quite apparent there is a difference between restricted and only as far as builds go

there has been a great deal of confusion on this issue and it has been reworked at least once in ST3 though the last i checked it still didn't work right. the difference that is supposed to exist is that Race or Class Only is supposed to reffer to equipability only not have anything to do with analizing or building, this is how in live JE's made Sentinel's Dynamo, Juggernaut, and Vulture reactors (and why we had live comp lists for these unlike most other progen reactors) which they currently can't in ST3 (at least the last i checked which was prior to the last wipe), where as Race Restricted means that the named race can have nothing to do with that item, so no equiping or building of it, which is one of the reasons terrans were always the best builders because nothing was terran restricted.

so your case of a PW building a DG is perfectly within the rules the way they are supposed to work, on pegasus most people that had DG's i knew were made by TT's cause the TT was the one that had to make the terror gaze comp.

Items team is aware of that issues and brought them already up.

As already said before there is nothing set in stone and i totally agree with the initial poster that this should change.

Riia (nor me) can really do anything against it since it is server side hard coded like this.

Ash

Items team is aware of that issues and brought them already up.

As already said before there is nothing set in stone and i totally agree with the initial poster that this should change.

Riia (nor me) can really do anything against it since it is server side hard coded like this.

Ash

Riia, I believe, managed to get it changed.

IMO, I feel that a item labeled "Progen Only" Should only be made and used by the Progens. There is no item that can have "2" restrictions put on it. If I take an item and add a "jenquai Restricted" and a "Progen Restriction" the game client translates that as "Terran Only." It seems more Logical to me to do that, Hence why there is only one reactor per Terran class that is "Terran Only," and 1 shield per jenquai class that is "Jenquai Only," and 1 engine for Progen labeled "Progen Only."

In the end it is entirely the Item Team's call.

- Marco

IMO, I feel that a item labeled "Progen Only" Should only be made and used by the Progens. There is no item that can have "2" restrictions put on it. If I take an item and add a "jenquai Restricted" and a "Progen Restriction" the game client translates that as "Terran Only." It seems more Logical to me to do that, Hence why there is only one reactor per Terran class that is "Terran Only," and 1 shield per jenquai class that is "Jenquai Only," and 1 engine for Progen labeled "Progen Only."

- Marco

if you changed it to how you proposed instead of how i stated it was in live you end up with problems though. who makes the jenquai shields? defenders doumaru, veiled oyoroi or however they are spelled are both labeled jen only and their class only but no jens build shields, i know i had both in live made by TT's.

it doesn't matter if the game interprets something as terran only when you try to put 2 restrictions on it, there were lots of things that could be picked up and analized by off classes that never were because they were made notrade items. you can do other things to encourage only certain classes have them.

and though i really shouldn't have to repeat myself again, this functionality can be easily proven by the few manufacturable progen reactors from live. the buildable ones were "Progen Only" the ones no one could do anything with were "Jenquai Restricted".

if you changed it to how you proposed instead of how i stated it was in live you end up with problems though. who makes the jenquai shields? defenders doumaru, veiled oyoroi or however they are spelled are both labeled jen only and their class only but no jens build shields, i know i had both in live made by TT's.

it doesn't matter if the game interprets something as terran only when you try to put 2 restrictions on it, there were lots of things that could be picked up and analized by off classes that never were because they were made notrade items. you can do other things to encourage only certain classes have them.

and though i really shouldn't have to repeat myself again, this functionality can be easily proven by the few manufacturable progen reactors from live. the buildable ones were "Progen Only" the ones no one could do anything with were "Jenquai Restricted".

Although, looking at this logically, it doesn't make sense that I can build something, but not use it.

Those two shields would not need to be "built."

- Marco

really to be perfectly accurate we have to go through the whole database and change restriciton now that the new classes are in because by the old rules as i've stated we'd still have things like the galina/draco/cygnus reactors that are jen only not progen restricted being built by progens, in live we didn't have to worry about progen builders so it worked fine but looking at many of those other items they do need to be built by other classes, so to make the labels " *Race* Restricted" and "*Race* Only" work they do need to be more as you describe but to not loose functionality some items would have to have their restricitons changed.

i in no way want to make the DD or VO shields non buildable that seems silly but you do want only jens using them so how do we reconcile that maybe we rely more heavily on class retricitons so those shields would just become Defender only and Explorer only instead of class and race restricted as they are at present so that the race restrictions can maintain their logical meaning rather than the meanings used in live.