More Mobs/More Danger

Not enough mobs aggro unless they are attacked. Part of the rush of exploring uncharted sectors was the fact that the question mark on the map could spell doom if a bunch of mobs locked on and attacked you before you could warp out.

Also, not enough mobs grouping up. Its so funny to see the biological mobs sit there and watch their neighbor get destroyed without doing anything.

Finally, more mobs. Too many NAV's have nothing to them or 1-4 mobs floating around. There should be dozens of mobs around given areas like there are dozens of resources in the fields.

Most fields Ive seen below CL20 dont even have aggro mobs, or only have one.

No thrill of being attacked suddenly and overwhelmed, and not enough mobs, make it kind of tedious.

I forgot, one of the biggest gripes back in Live was that ENB didnt make re-spawns and amount of spawns fast enough. Players became stand offish and overly competitive amongst each other fighting over those 3 level X gas clouds.

Nothing creates more animosity among players than having to fight each other and race to the spawn point.

In ABB, as I recall, the CL11-CL14 clear fish things were aplenty compared to now. And were popular for farming back then. Just 2-3 players could keep that spawn contained. Now, I can contain it all by myself.

Need more mobs, more aggro, more danger and excitement.

And, finally, please bring back the ambushes from Red Dragons like that used to happen back in live. I miss it.

Seems like in all MMORPGS from Everquest to WOW and in between... Even in EVE, Devs never really capitalize on random ambushes... Another source of excitement.

Edited by Ataruk

I agree. As an Explorer I've found very little scarey parts to the mining experince so far. With the exception of one Lv4-6 gas field I found that was patrolled by a RD that could've nearly oneshotted my poor low CL ship. How ever we have to recognize that not everything is finalized of course. I am pretty certain that more things like what you are asking for will be added. I am certain things will get interesting when jackaroids are added.

I agree. As an Explorer I've found very little scarey parts to the mining experince so far. With the exception of one Lv4-6 gas field I found that was patrolled by a RD that could've nearly oneshotted my poor low CL ship. How ever we have to recognize that not everything is finalized of course. I am pretty certain that more things like what you are asking for will be added. I am certain things will get interesting when jackaroids are added.

Yeah, Jackaroids will be interesting. Especially if they're like exploding hulks were in Live where there wasn't an obvious "tell". In Live Jack-A-Roids were the wrong color for their level, and could be easily avoided. Would be even more interesting what they might decide to put in their loot tables.

Agreed with OP on more mobs at more places, but also think it's only a matter of time. Mobs will also have a variety of behaviours, they won't all act the ssame, as devs have mentioned. They'll have differing scan ranges, alturism, aggressiveness, and bravery.

Exploring will be A LOT more interesting, getting a good reactor, and freewarping through that question mark will be a good idea, rather than stopping there.

Terrel raises a good point: many mobs don't have their "AI" values (aggressiveness, altruism, and bravery) set yet, which means they don't behave as we'd like. Once those settings are in and tuned for all mobs, exploring and combat will both be more interesting. I'm sure mob spawn numbers and rates will be looked at as well.

Oh.. RD ambushes will be back; don't you worry about that...

(As a bloodthirsty Progen, I'm looking forward to those as well.)

I never had good faction with the RD back in live, which made me wonder, if you had good RD faction would you still get ambushed?

Same here, but logically, I would assume not.

I for one would like to see squadrons of Level 60-63 Jenquai, Terrans

and Progens droping new items for the New Classes.

It would also be great if the DEV's can put the Race/class skills to use in

the AI for the NPC. Fold space, Shield Leech etc etc etc..

It would be cool if the DEV's could record the actions of a group of players

(Jenquai for example)and use and easily add it to the MOB AI.

I know harder than it sounds.

Phorlaug...

Edited by Phorlaug

I for one would like to see squadrons of Level 60-63 Jenquai, Terrans

and Progens droping new items for the New Classes.

It would also be great if the DEV's can put the Race/class skills to use in

the AI for the NPC. Fold space, Shield Leech etc etc etc..

It would be cool if the DEV's could record the actions of a group of players

(Jenquai for example)and use and easily add it to the MOB AI.

I know harder than it sounds.

Phorlaug...

I agree with this with 1 caviat.

Give the mobs a real reactor that can be affected by a player's skills and equipment.

As it stands now, mobs have unlimited energy and that seems to be a bit out of phase with the new "everything MUST balance" attitude we've seen in recent months.

And to give the devs their due credit, I am sure this is a difficult thing to accomplish or they would have done it already.

Edited by ryprx

I agree with this with 1 caviat.

Give the mobs a real reactor that can be affected by a player's skills and equipment.

As it stands now, mobs have unlimited energy and that seems to be a bit out of phase with the new "everything MUST balance" attitude we've seen in recent months.

And to give the devs their due credit, I am sure this is a difficult thing to accomplish or they would have done it already.

That's already on the way. As mentioned from CDel the mobs now are in the works for the new loot table system and the behavior.

The most have the old system yet, but with the time all are edited to the new system so they have all that, reactor, shield, engine and skills and behavior.

But as always, it takes time to get all to the new system. :)

greets

Hexergirl

I have always missed the RD ambushes in Carp and Inverness (iirc). I remember in live many times being rescued or rescuing smaller toons from imminent demise. It was kinda cool that you could pay the ransom and be on your way, or click the no button and fight your way out.

At later stages of the game with higher level engines, you could blow past them. ;)

I have always missed the RD ambushes in Carp and Inverness (iirc). I remember in live many times being rescued or rescuing smaller toons from imminent demise. It was kinda cool that you could pay the ransom and be on your way, or click the no button and fight your way out.

At later stages of the game with higher level engines, you could blow past them. ;)

I recall paying the ransom and STILL being ganked, lol. :P

But I echo the sentiment for the return of the ambushes - I admit to having a carebear heart but always felt that was a fun aspect of the game.

My theory is that once we have them working, we'll put them in more than just those two places and probably give them a little more variability in the kind of things they do and say to you. :P

My theory is that once we have them working, we'll put them in more than just those two places and probably give them a little more variability in the kind of things they do and say to you. :P

"Pay us more, or we shall say NI to you a SECOND TIME!"

*RD ships near the main one start chirping in with Ni's, but are shot a mean look by the main pirate ship.*

I'm not overly fond of mobs that are linked. I think you should be able to lead one mob away from the rest if you're careful. If you just start blasting away the others should aggro of course, but if you fold or summon them away, start slow or use some other mostly harmless ability, you should be able to lure most mobs away from their buddies.

Aggro radius has to increase though so there is a point to low signature gear, but I'm sure the devs will get it tweaked sooner rather than later.

As for the RD ambushes, I think they're fun but I'd also like the option to turn the tables on them and extort them for money if they try to stop me when I'm playing a high level warrior or outwit them if I play a high level character with a high negotiate skill.

• Upvote 1

Not enough mobs aggro unless they are attacked. Part of the rush of exploring uncharted sectors was the fact that the question mark on the map could spell doom if a bunch of mobs locked on and attacked you before you could warp out.

Also, not enough mobs grouping up. Its so funny to see the biological mobs sit there and watch their neighbor get destroyed without doing anything.

Finally, more mobs. Too many NAV's have nothing to them or 1-4 mobs floating around. There should be dozens of mobs around given areas like there are dozens of resources in the fields.

Most fields Ive seen below CL20 dont even have aggro mobs, or only have one.

No thrill of being attacked suddenly and overwhelmed, and not enough mobs, make it kind of tedious.

I forgot, one of the biggest gripes back in Live was that ENB didnt make re-spawns and amount of spawns fast enough. Players became stand offish and overly competitive amongst each other fighting over those 3 level X gas clouds.

Nothing creates more animosity among players than having to fight each other and race to the spawn point.

In ABB, as I recall, the CL11-CL14 clear fish things were aplenty compared to now. And were popular for farming back then. Just 2-3 players could keep that spawn contained. Now, I can contain it all by myself.

Need more mobs, more aggro, more danger and excitement.

And, finally, please bring back the ambushes from Red Dragons like that used to happen back in live. I miss it.

Seems like in all MMORPGS from Everquest to WOW and in between... Even in EVE, Devs never really capitalize on random ambushes... Another source of excitement.

I've experienced enough danger and neardeath experiences in the real world to want calm in my play. Hopefully this will be in the game, too. It's why I started playing enb back in westwoodbeta days.