Shorten Vault Sort button so it's harder to accidentally hit

wootage

Small thing, but it can waste a lot of time. The Vault Sort button extends over and borders the Vault Close button, which is a control you are intended to use every time you open the vault (hotkeys notwithstanding).

Because of its close proximity to the Vault Close button, it's easy to nick the edge of the Sort button and unintentionally ruin all of your careful sorting of items (for me, all my stuff is sorted into "currently used gear", "future gear", "stuff to print", "stuff to give away" and "unsorted/mission items" sections).

So if it's possible to shorten the Vault Sort button so that it doesn't overhang the Close button anymore, that would be GREAT. I've already managed to accidentally hit it twice, and it can take a long time to resort an 80% full vault :(

Failing that, how about disabling it entirely? I don't claim to represent the entire player base, but given my item system, I have absolutely no use for automatically sorting the vault in any way. And if I did want to find something specific, the Filter options would seem to do the trick much better than re-sorting the entire vault by name. Weighing that against the annoyance and wasted time of having to manually re-sort the vault after an accidental click, I wouldn't miss the Sort button at all.

Edited by wootage

I think this has been suggested before and I believe the issue is that this would require modifying the client, which the dev's do not have the ability to do.

As far as i know the buttons can be repositioned in the inis. At least the button can be taken out or disabled :(

greets

Hexergirl

As far as i know the buttons can be repositioned in the inis. At least the button can be taken out or disabled ;)

greets

Hexergirl

That's some good news! Let's see if other people think it's worth doing, or it's just me. Would you happen to know which ini? If it's a text file I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure it out.

Edit:

Found fa_vault00a.ini with this section:

[sTR-5]

Template0= TEMPLATE_HEADERS

StringID= vault_sort_inv

String0= Sort

Attach= BUTTON01

And none of that text shows up anywhere else in the entire EnB directory. At least according to Windows 7 search, anyways.

That's some good news! Let's see if other people think it's worth doing, or it's just me. Would you happen to know which ini? If it's a text file I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure it out.

Edit:

Found fa_vault00a.ini with this section:

[sTR-5]

Template0= TEMPLATE_HEADERS

StringID= vault_sort_inv

String0= Sort

Attach= BUTTON01

And none of that text shows up anywhere else in the entire EnB directory. At least according to Windows 7 search, anyways.

Commenting out this section only blanks the Vault Sort button, but the button itself still works ;) No joy.

there is '/sort vault disable' command... soon

Seriously? I would be VERY HAPPY. I just somehow managed to nick it again. On my brandy new explorer char with his vault 3/4 full of newbie ore and 1/4 full of ship parts, with every single thing sorted properly by level and type as I put it in.

I don't even want to log him in now knowing that chore is waiting for me :\

I kind of like the sort function. A few more sort modes would be good though, like group sort and type sort. Group sort would sort on group (components, engines, raw resources, etc) first, then level and last item name. Type sort would sort on type (computer core, power converter, power generator, propellant, crystal, gas, hydrocarbon, metal etc) first, then level and last item name. The vault could be sorted according to different modes each time the sort button is pressed. You could even have one reverse level mode where you get high-level stuff at the top of the vault and low level stuff at the bottom, preferably combined with group or type sort.

Edited by Knix