Any way to replace the Shakti Pleasure Moon sound file?

It's the only part of this entire game that's not appropriate (and it is definitely, "out there" inappropriate) for the kiddie audience one can have while playing. I see that there's some music file replacements out there, so I'm hoping there's a way to swap in a different ad?

Thanks for any help!

W

No idea if there is anyway to swap that sound file.

But i vote to keep it in game for everyone else who doesn't really care about stuff that's just part of the life anyway. That includes advertisements for sex, pron, and words like s... & f... , well you get the idea. You can't avoid nowadays that your kids hear such words or see such things. It will happen to every kid sooner or later. Mostly sooner.

EDIT:

in addition, there are many things you can do to avoid the given problem with kids.

- Get a headset

- change the volume

- turn of sound

Edited by Himmelweiss

Yes the dialogue can be turned down in the sounds Tab.

Its up to the parents to watch what their children view, hear or play.

"Just say No"

I am curious to what Dialogue you are referring to ?

The spouse will never know?

Sexy voice of woman exhaleing ?

Phorlaug..

• Upvote 1

It's the only part of this entire game that's not appropriate (and it is definitely, "out there" inappropriate) for the kiddie audience one can have while playing. I see that there's some music file replacements out there, so I'm hoping there's a way to swap in a different ad?

Thanks for any help!

W

I totally respect the right of a parent to decide what they want their children to hear - or not hear. But I have to echo Phorlaug's question - what in those ad's is the objectionable content? Is it just the tone? Just curious.

Yes the dialogue can be turned down in the sounds Tab.

Its up to the parents to watch what their children view, hear or play.

"Just say No"

I am curious to what Dialogue you are referring to ?

The spouse will never know?

Sexy voice of woman exhaleing ?

Phorlaug..

Totally agree. Parental responsibility should be the standard. The game's already family friendly. TBH I'm surprised it's rated T, and not rated E10+. Maybe it's the blood from organics and the Shakti ads.

There are next to no provocatively dressed chars, though you can get close with a Terran woman, if you dress her in the tight shirt, with open jacket and a skirt. Progen women won't wear skirts, other than Amah in the install screen, and Jenquai women won't wear a skirt without pants underneath.

Re the objectionable content, geez, it's an AD for a BROTHEL MOON. Complete with women moaning and panting and assurances that "your spouse will never know". How can you ... never mind.

As for the rest of it, it's all OT so please leave it out.

To be clearer, I meant on an individual installation like changing the mix files in this thread - Not changing the client download or anything. If there's a way to replace or disable that ad on my install, that'll work for my purposes.

There is a central file that controls all of the sound associations for the client called sounds.ini. Here's a copy of a sounds.ini with the Shakti ads removed:

sounds.ini

Download this file to "<wherever you installed EnB>\Earth & Beyond\Data\client\ini" (overwrite the one that's currently there). This will remove all Shakti ads from the game. You may want to keep a copy of this file as a backup as well; when you patch / reset your updates, the file will be patched automatically by the launcher back to the regular version.

sounds.ini

There is a central file that controls all of the sound associations for the client called sounds.ini. Here's a copy of a sounds.ini with the Shakti ads removed:

sounds.ini

Download this file to "<wherever you installed EnB>\Earth & Beyond\Data\client\ini" (overwrite the one that's currently there). This will remove all Shakti ads from the game. You may want to keep a copy of this file as a backup as well; when you patch / reset your updates, the file will be patched automatically by the launcher back to the regular version.

Oh SWEET. Thank you CDel, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll be certain to replace the file whenever I see patches.

I think I understand where you were coming from, Wootage. Even when you are a responsible parent, you can't be there to watch over your kids every second and kids will always try, at least once, to do something you tell them not to do, like turning the dialogue volume back up. If you can remove the sound file completely, you don't have to worry about the consequences. I applaud you for your parenting efforts!:D

I think I understand where you were coming from, Wootage. Even when you are a responsible parent, you can't be there to watch over your kids every second and kids will always try, at least once, to do something you tell them not to do, like turning the dialogue volume back up. If you can remove the sound file completely, you don't have to worry about the consequences. I applaud you for your parenting efforts!:D

Having recently been a child myself (I'm 19), I will attest that children will try many times, repeatedly and without rest or mercy, to do most things you tell them not to...and I was a good kid. ;)

I think I understand where you were coming from, Wootage. Even when you are a responsible parent, you can't be there to watch over your kids every second and kids will always try, at least once, to do something you tell them not to do, like turning the dialogue volume back up. If you can remove the sound file completely, you don't have to worry about the consequences. I applaud you for your parenting efforts!;)

Having recently been a child myself (I'm 19), I will attest that children will try many times, repeatedly and without rest or mercy, to do most things you tell them not to...and I was a good kid. :P

Thanks, the kids don't actually play tho, just me. But it's actually about more than just kids - other adults that may be around don't really hear it "in context". All they know is you're doing something that has an obviously "adult" element in it, and it's coming right out where everyone around can hear it. And understandably, that has a way of changing their perception of you.

Ironically, these same people are happily watching the tube where an entire industry is working to subtly (or not so subtly) push the same "sex button" so that those people will be emotionally influenced to buy the things shown on the commercial breaks :\

/well, whatever. It's easiest and best that particular sound file (which is irrelevant to gameplay anyways) just not be there.

Thanks, the kids don't actually play tho, just me. But it's actually about more than just kids - other adults that may be around don't really hear it "in context". All they know is you're doing something that has an obviously "adult" element in it, and it's coming right out where everyone around can hear it. And understandably, that has a way of changing their perception of you.

Ironically, these same people are happily watching the tube where an entire industry is working to subtly (or not so subtly) push the same "sex button" so that those people will be emotionally influenced to buy the things shown on the commercial breaks :\

/well, whatever. It's easiest and best that particular sound file (which is irrelevant to gameplay anyways) just not be there.

Ah, understandable. The shakti ads certainly caught me off guard when I first heard them.

Too true. I'm reminded of those GoDaddy.com ads - personally, I find them more degrading and annoying than anything. They actually make me not want to buy GoDaddy's crap.