New Fish Bowl

server down again. but anyways. we all let feeling get in the way sometimes. God knows Ive posted some stuff in anger/aggrovation a time or two lol. I would love to help code, but I figure it requires more knowledge than I have about it.

Edited by Whitelighter

What exactly is wrong with the current FB setup? Everyone's opinion on this will be different, give details.

Having extra mess from a failed raid is a bad thing? I love logging in to find someone abandoned it halfway through and booney already spawned/popped again, means I can do 2 back to back or at the same time, double the loot, without any wait. Just wish I knew who did it so I could thank them for setting it up for me.

Only change I would like to see is the previous FB, groups of 5-6 fish scattered around the sector, without bosses, put back in, while having Booney and the Raid for the bosses. To entertain us between the raids, and pressure us during the raid. Too many of us were spoiled with it as a regular sector, we miss having a small sector with nothing but tons of L56+ mobs, all within aggro distance of each other. The fish are a lot stronger now, but only getting to play with them every 4 hrs is dissapointing.

The old FB is great if you take away the boss's. Give people a place to go and fight alot. But with the current setup if booney is gone and raid done have to wait and sometimes its just too many people trying to get items.

Have the FB just it was before with a single boss, and if you kill booney then raid starts when raid done, failed or success go back to normal. Fits to everyones idea of fun.

What exactly is wrong with the current FB setup? Everyone's opinion on this will be different, give details.

Having extra mess from a failed raid is a bad thing? I love logging in to find someone abandoned it halfway through and booney already spawned/popped again, means I can do 2 back to back or at the same time, double the loot, without any wait. Just wish I knew who did it so I could thank them for setting it up for me.

Only change I would like to see is the previous FB, groups of 5-6 fish scattered around the sector, without bosses, put back in, while having Booney and the Raid for the bosses. To entertain us between the raids, and pressure us during the raid. Too many of us were spoiled with it as a regular sector, we miss having a small sector with nothing but tons of L56+ mobs, all within aggro distance of each other. The fish are a lot stronger now, but only getting to play with them every 4 hrs is dissapointing.

I think the biggest complaints you touched on:

Sometimes people start it and dont finish it, sometimes that bugs it and takes longer to get another try at it.

4 hours between is a little much, it wouldnt be bad if it was a personal timer. but the current version gives a 4hr cooldown for everyone.

I enjoy competing for bosses and kills, anyone that has come across me knows I like the challenge of it lol. But every boss/raid shouldn't be that way. Right now its usually the same people in Fishbowl over and over. They know the exact timer and either they are ready to go then, or they tell friends so they can be there to do it again. If you want the loot right now, you have to more or less know the timer AND bring enough people to ensure you get the kill-credit (which can bug itself and you wont even get that).

Most of the people that played E&B during LIVE have wives/kids/responsibity they didn't have back then. They should not have to log in and pray that during their 2-3 hours of playtime they might have a chance to do some end-game content. And even if they do get lucky enough for it to be available, they will have to fight tooth&nail for every mob.

Like I said for most bosses the current setup is fine, timed spawns (though I prefer a little more random timers)and you fight for it, but every mob cant be that way. You alienate the people with commitments outside the game and the smaller guilds who simply dont have the gear or manpower to battle the big guilds.

The new fish bowl is awsome, it takes a good group and some tactics. i dont know what all the complaints are about, seems most are not complaining

about Mordana ( similar type of raid )

Please do not change the new fish bowl , its much better then before were all we had was leechers trying to grab some xp.

its a nice full raid that's very doable

it beats the other raids in game at the moment, by raids i mean a KS battle between a few TW's

it seems there are always mobs spawned there, that tells me that people attempt and stop half way through.

Boony will respawn regardless of a spawned raid or not so its great

Keep up the good work on scripted raids Devs. thank you for putting time and effort in this totally Free game

we all have to enjoy.

~Jam

Only problem I have and it's been said a few times is the time between Boony spawns... Other then that I would say it's great. It does get dull after you kill the Master and the raid is all over. I do like the idea of having the mobs scattered in the bowl to kill in the meantime that Will suggested.

It would be awesome if the Devs could lock the gate once Booney is popped.

Several things would be accomplished:

Folks howing up to the gate 10 minutes after someone else started their raid wouldn't get in and would know there is a raid in progress.

Not being able to get inside would help eliminate the few that go in just to spoil others fun, or steal loots.

Not being able to get in would also help with logistics of getting out. Unless you are a JD/PW or JE you need help leaving.

If someone starts a raid by popping Booney, and then leaves, it would mean double fun for the next raid group.

I vote no on the locking the gate ( for now ) here is why

quite a few folks attempt the raid and dont finish it or , they have a boss in mind they want to get to then find no reason to finish the raid,

Boony still spawns after he is killed so ive seen a raid i was on during the 4th cycle Boony re-appeared. the spawn is usually close so any 2nd group

entering the bowl would/can see it, it was also fun once were we had to call a 2nd group because some one popped Boony and we had two separate spawns.

most people do not loot steal that ive seen or even heard about, its a rare situation when you hear about that and we as a community frown on that.

eventually make it a situation were you can be in a controlled raid but for now its always good to be able to call reinforcements when needed.

(by controlled I mean set group in the raid)

also for now if it becomes a problem were you cant really get a chance at the bowl then i suggest mirroring the bowl im sure its doable but here is a

case and point.

Ive logged in a few times today. one of my toons is parked in the fish bowl for a future raid when i can get a good group together, in the 5 times i

checked in, there was ether a left spawn or a fresh Boony so i don't understand why people are saying they aren't getting a chance to raid.

I think its too tough for some and too time consuming for others but trust me as far as a group effort and in game END game content it rocks.

Sundays are the busiest server days , ive seen some pulled high end loot but each time the bowl was ripe for a good raid.

in short, for now leave it be but in the future when it gets un-raidable due to multi groups then consider mirroring the bowl or have it a mission

style so YOUR group has a chance to raid.

while i agree with some and disagree with others. it's my opinion that you make high lvl bosses instanced.(at least the fb.)

with some of the things that have happened lately i think it would be more prudent to instance at least the fb, and let whoever

have their time there.

just my opinion.

@ Cheeze

IMO making things instanced starts to take away from why I love EnB-- unlike many other MMOs these days you actually have to spend all your time with the other players in the same space as you, making for a much more interactive and interesting experience than you would get if things were instanced. But this is my opinion and that was yours hehe.

Instancing raids is a good modern MMO approach and ultimately, despite the amount of work required to do it <shudders>, it probably would be the best thing to do, not 100% sure how it would work but that can be worked out later.

At the moment we just have a bare-bones raid system - this will get better once we get the chance to work on it again. With despawn timers for raid mobs and also gate entry locks that are dependent on obtaining items or completing missions, things should get better.

• Upvote 1

There a 2 things i dont understand.

i say, after a long time in ST4 u found a realy nice balance before fb-raid, there are smaler and biger grp of lvl 53, 56, 60, 63 mobs somtimes with bosses 61-66 some solo. So every high lvl can go in and hunt in his lvl or grp strongnes and i think a lot of plp have fun in there.

What have we now, a sector u cant go out without JE ,or selfdestruct, 1 spawn point with 10-20 mobs at one time that all will agro u if u only touch one. So tell me where is the fun in this. I died 5 times yesterday and dont go for Boss another grp was on Master and i only shoot at a lvl 55 and all the grp agroo me?, i only needed some ammo comps and now i have 4-10% Qual lost on rar items, realy nice. I will not talk about the bad lag that makes it unplayabel.

Why it is not possible to let the sector how it was before raid and let all 4,6 or 8 hours spawn the über boss with 20 guards or what else in the north of the map? So if there are the big bang grp's ok, give him a try or dont touch it.

But now u "steal" me a cool sector and belive me i will never go in. Cooper is the same, if u shoot 1 mob after 2 min u have 10 on u from differents mob grp's from 15k away. I dont see this at Antares on the 58-60's.

My PW is now lvl 200+ and i only can kill some Drones at BBW solo and the Controler with no trade high end stuff, wow.

I will not say this game need no raids and high End content but if u look at Mordana raid there spawn a smaler amount at same time and it was ok if u need a balanced grp for it, i like this Raid and i can leave or pass this map everytime without any no's.

U guys make a real cool job and i enjoy the game what u bring me back but for now i start a new toon bec my PW is worthless 8(.

At last maybe an idea, iam not sure if this is posible iam not a coder or something i only know this system from other games.

So for GOBB or Controler, u have a grav field around, is it possible to make a code if one or grp kill GOBB or Controler and after looted him teleport it out of grav field and all of grp are marked and cant go in for the next lets say 24 hours?

Ok, just to sum it up a bit:

1. Fishbowl is end content, therefore no one should just go in and expect to kill some mobs for just ammo.

That was set up in the beginning to have something there with all the bosses, at a time it was not possible to start a RAID as it is possible now.

2. The 4 hours timer i have put in, because i assumed it will take some time to complete the whole RAID inclusive the Master.

And it seems, its a bit too long for some, but also many don't get it to the Master.

But, i have changed the timed RAID now in a non timed one.

Many of you know how it was in live i think, after the next content update you will have to hunt the comp for a device, build it, and hand it in

to Old Booney in Fishbowl to start the RAID. The device print you will get from Old Booney for a little fee in Cooper at the gate.

The Feather is one comp to hunt from RDs L48. They are located in Cooper and hopefully soon also back in Inverness. All other comps are normal looted / buy ones.

3. If i have the option to lock the gate and just open it if the device is owned i will change this to that. But right now as i know we can't

lock and open a gate per mission. (as i know Tienbau is working on something like that)

Now you can tell me what you think about the change.

Until next update i can do changes if needed or wanted. Your chance to get an ear.

greets

Hexergirl

1. Fishbowl is end content, therefore no one should just go in and expect to kill some mobs for just ammo.

That was set up in the beginning to have something there with all the bosses, at a time it was not possible to start a RAID as it is possible now.

2. The 4 hours timer i have put in, because i assumed it will take some time to complete the whole RAID inclusive the Master.

And it seems, its a bit too long for some, but also many don't get it to the Master.

Many of you know how it was in live i think, after the next content update you will have to hunt the comp for a device, build it, and hand it in

to Old Booney in Fishbowl to start the RAID. The device print you will get from Old Booney for a little fee in Cooper at the gate.

The Feather is one comp to hunt from RDs L48. They are located in Cooper and hopefully soon also back in Inverness. All other comps are normal looted / buy ones.

3. If i have the option to lock the gate and just open it if the device is owned i will change this to that. But right now as i know we can't

lock and open a gate per mission. (as i know Tienbau is working on something like that)

Until next update i can do changes if needed or wanted. Your chance to get an ear.

greets

Hexergirl

I like the sound of the changes, good work!

greets

Hexergirl

Sounds great to me. Only concern is since you mentioned the "key' needed to get in is a device and booney will give the print out for a price. Will it require build device to make? I hope not, since that would limit who can launch a raid there.

Sounds great to me. Only concern is since you mentioned the "key' needed to get in is a device and booney will give the print out for a price. Will it require build device to make? I hope not, since that would limit who can launch a raid there.

It may be such that one only has to have a sufficent build skill to make. In Live there were some items that the specific skill requirement was waived for, but only required an apropriate skill level for a build skill to do. An example in Live of such an item was the Gaze of Amah beam, which was a reward for the MCP that was manufacturable, usable, and not tradeable, usable only by Jenquai Explorers. If you were a JE in live and had turned in sufficent passes, you could get the recipe for this beam, and build it if you had a maxed build skill, even though JE's cannot build weapons. The Sturdy Solar Panel (component), and many of its subcomps, were another example of an item that could be built by people who couldn't build components (JE/PE) that was a recipe for part of the Zach Garrett mission. (it was a real pain to build this particular comp)