13. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a region, territory, area, or location.

Many players are running hunting groups all by themselves. There'll be 3 to 5 characters all run by the same person. Don't even ask me how they do this. Don't even ask me how this can be enjoyable. I haven't a clue. But it makes those of us who like the "hands on" play of the game rather outside the game. I like to hunt with one character. I don't want to have my hands running all over several keyboards, driving myself crazy trying to stay alive.

I don't remember noticing this in live, but then I didn't hunt much. A problem arises when one player can overwhelm an area and engage in such competitive behavior that things just aren't fun in that area. They look for particular spawns by darting one alt here and one alt there so they can scoff all the really good stuff.

What's the scoop on this type of thing?

in your subject its 13 people and then in your post its 3-5 :) ? what is it... and how do you know they are all run by the same person is there something in there tag that says so? and how is that different than a group of 3-5 different people doing the same thing...

like you, i'm a solo'ish' player and run up against grps a lot get used to it or report it... in live people in my guild always hunted in grps and if we were solo and a grp came in the area we would call in a few groups of guildies to chase them away...

however, I would be willing to get "One Large Cheese Pizza, just for you"

in your subject its 13 people and then in your post its 3-5 :) ? what is it... and how do you know they are all run by the same person is there something in there tag that says so? and how is that different than a group of 3-5 different people doing the same thing...

like you, i'm a solo'ish' player and run up against grps a lot get used to it or report it... in live people in my guild always hunted in grps and if we were solo and a grp came in the area we would call in a few groups of guildies to chase them away...

I believe 13 is supposed to apply to one of the Terms of Service

i know... :););) I just was amused that someone quoted tos in the subject... and then the post itself was kinda a letdown :)

I'm not even sure if what he describes is tos13... I take that as more of a get everyone you can to goto location xxx in order to overwhelm the server in that area and crash it... you know kinda like what we did tonight with the joves fishbowl (except that was an authorized crash by [HGM])

Hey, the whole planet eater thing was because a few players kept shooting the baby... Although did a Jove's Fury fishbowl happen last night? GMs shouldn't be screwing around like that, unless an SDEV is involved.... like with Tienbau involved with the Saturn incident.

On a plus side, looks like some of the new "Anti-Blackhole code" is working.

- Marco

in your subject its 13 people and then in your post its 3-5 :P ? what is it... and how do you know they are all run by the same person is there something in there tag that says so? and how is that different than a group of 3-5 different people doing the same thing...

If you'll notice, there's a period after 13. It is not the subject of any sentence. And yes I did read the TOS. I make it a point to read rules.

You know people are doing this. I'll give you credit for being able to determine who is doing so.

Groups running groups off will not solve this issue.

Thanks, Tien, for answering my question.

It's a quote from our code of conduct, and it means no excessive gathering / protest to attempt to cause performance problems for other players. Because of the way it's worded, it's also to cover excessive camping of an area. In other words if someone gets their entire guild together to kill every mob at a spawn and refuses to allow other players to come in, then it becomes a problem. Though its going to have to be an obvious situation in the latter case I imagine for a GM to intervene. There's no reason not to share, but like Tienbau said we'll have a lot more mobs in the future so this should be a lot more of a non-issue.

It's a quote from our code of conduct, and it means no excessive gathering / protest to attempt to cause performance problems for other players. Because of the way it's worded, it's also to cover excessive camping of an area. In other words if someone gets their entire guild together to kill every mob at a spawn and refuses to allow other players to come in, then it becomes a problem. Though its going to have to be an obvious situation in the latter case I imagine for a GM to intervene. There's no reason not to share, but like Tienbau said we'll have a lot more mobs in the future so this should be a lot more of a non-issue.

This was the biggest challenge with EnB end game. Items on respawn timers of hours/days inevitably will lead to sector/boss/mob camping to lock down a specific mob. I don't think this game supports instancing, but activated spawns are a great solution assuming the activated spawn mob isn't endlessly camped :) (MPP for Ascendant Voltoi, RD Base, Warder, Controller, etc). The OCD was a fairly successful example as the activated components all dropped from trash mobs. Short of instancing, there is still the risk of kill stealing someone's popped mob.

It's a touchy line between "excessive camping" and just trying to get some items by being aware of a mobs spawn timer. I'm not sure if something like the RD Base is on a 4 day timer, and a guild kills it 10 times in a row, if that's excessive camping, strategy, greed, whatever.

Blatantly griefing someone by following them and kill stealing everything they shoot at is a bit easier to address.

Multi-boxing doesn't apply to that. I asked last year about multi-boxing and they said the limit was three... or was it two? Think three pretty sure. It's nothing new, people have been using multiple accounts since the early days of UO over a decade ago (I had 3 accounts on the live server). I haven't tried it here yet, Though I recently purchased a widescreen so I may run two side by side in the near future (can use a single keyboard etc). It's like having a pet :)

Multi-boxing doesn't apply to that. I asked last year about multi-boxing and they said the limit was three... or was it two? Think three pretty sure. It's nothing new, people have been using multiple accounts since the early days of UO over a decade ago (I had 3 accounts on the live server). I haven't tried it here yet, Though I recently purchased a widescreen so I may run two side by side in the near future (can use a single keyboard etc). It's like having a pet ;)

Multi-boxing for the purpose of playing all the characters is not something I would hate because right now the more people we have logged in the better. It leads to quicker finding and resolution of the problems allowing us to increase the player cap faster. :D

People who use it to be entirely self reliant and not work with any other player are a detriment though, these games are built around social functionality and working with others. However, once we go live it would be best not to have too many accounts, we can limit it by your IP addresses and if it became an excessive problem, we probably would/will so keep that in mind if you are a multi-boxer and you abuse others through means of multi-boxing. ;)

Don't worry about this, when we've added a few more fields to the MOB setups for the content devs to tweak the higher level mobs will require a lot more thought to get, you'll need a human team to take them on like you did live.

This seems to of happened in every game I have played. Someone finds a way to do something they shouldn't be able to do, the GM's 'fix' the issue then the person(s) find a new way to do it. I am not knocking the GM's (Here or anywhere) at all, simply pointing out not to underestimate the creativity and devious nature of a 13yo.

People who use it to be entirely self reliant and not work with any other player are a detriment though, these games are built around social functionality and working with others. However, once we go live it would be best not to have too many accounts, we can limit it by your IP addresses and if it became an excessive problem, we probably would/will so keep that in mind if you are a multi-boxer and you abuse others through means of multi-boxing. :D

I agree 100%! I suggest that when we go live that multi-boxing should be limited to 1 extra account per registered user.

I could probably hack-and-slash E&B into functionality on my laptop and dual-box... but I'd rather not. I do wish we just had nine character slots instead... is that possible I wonder?

Probably not without our own client, no.

I didn't expect as much.

Too bad, really. Any given game could make stuff like that within XMLs rather than within the executable, but not many do.

The problem isn't that we can't put them in, it's that we can't display them because the client is set up for 5 only. ;)

That's what I meant.

Optimally, the client would have a "display current character" program, and an XML overlay to select which one is the current character. I also play LOTRO (which works roughly that way) but it's also (unnecessarily) locked down into the client.

Meh I wouldn’t set any account/IP limits, that would rip any potential for LAN party groups.

Anyway, I don’t think EnB is doable with anything more than a few accounts for one player… heh but I’m sure someone will prove me wrong. I mean I’ve seen raid groups in other games…. all one person lol. Then again, my fleet vs. your fleet… nah nah *resists th;)ptation* :lol: