A lesson learned or dont let this happen to you

To make a long story short the other night was in the fb with a couple guildies,another guild came along and got the kill/loot rights on a boss that dropped a particular item. Lo and behold my guildmate for whatever reason grabbed that guilds loot off the corpse.

Now here is the kicker, it was race restricted a L9 beam and he was a Terran, like he will ever be able to use it,damn greedy Terrans.

However i was formed up with him at the time and was near the corpse when this occured, me being JE recieved the /tell asking me if i had looted it. This did not bother me as i had not looted the item.

What does bother me is the wreckless action of someone in my group/guild has put a stain on our guild and by default my own reputation as someone who is a stand up guy willing to help others and take a backseat when it comes to loot,hurting my chances to be grouped with others who are not in my own circle of associates.

I have been very bothered about this for the last few days and wanted to vent and throw myself at the mercy of my peers.

By my reckoning if someone does not have honor in the smallest things in life, ie: even a video game, and without honor what good is his name? What good is the continuance of that name.

It has affected me enough that i have considered just deleting this toon and rerolling another JE, as i feel this name has acquired a stain that will not easily be earased or blotted out.

So in summary dont let this happen to you, be careful who you associate and group with, because someone elses actions can ruin you or your Guilds reputation in a second.

Edited by questorzarnac

Don't worry about it. :lol:

It sucked to get the kill rights on the Master only to see another non-guild group then proceed to pull the loot out of the corpse. In the long term I expect loot rights will get added to boss corpses in the bowl. And then managing who gets the loot will become easier afterward.

(The problem right now is the standard corpse rule is that the corpse becomes free for all after a member of the group opens and closes the corpse. Any other group can ninja the loot once that happens).

As well as loot rights management on corpses, not allowing a TE or TT to pull out a Jenquai only weapon from the corpse would be a good safety feature too.

Maybe it was a glitch, maybe it was the fact that they opened the hulk and the loot rights were removed,

what ever it may be the devs could look into it

My short story is this, our group was killing the RD base, we got 90 percent then a single TW came by and fired, for some reason the system gave

him the loot rights, thankfully he was cool ( you know who you are ) and he released the right for us to loot.

as far as the part were the person looted something that he should not have, i would suggest you have your guild officers take care of it

If your guild for the most part has a chain of command then take care of it there. We all have done things in the heat of the moment.

even in a gamem so if it was not ill will then it should be fine. you can also site that its a game and even its a Stress test.

but if we were in full alpha or beta mode, it should / would be fine because for the most part this community is 90 percent cool.

in short, don't worry about it. Have that member say he is sorry and lets ask the Devs to look into loot rights.

by the way

As well as loot rights management on corpses, not allowing a TE or TT to pull out a Jenquai only weapon from the corpse would be a good safety feature too.

is a great idea.

(The problem right now is the standard corpse rule is that the corpse becomes free for all after a member of the group opens and closes the corpse. Any other group can ninja the loot once that happens).

Known issue.

It's cool questor! I think you handled the situation well and would be happy to group with you in the future. Don't delete your JE, his name is still squeaky clean! :)

Zanor, Lanor, Elanor, Ranor

- Static Guild

if a loot item is non-tradable and class restricted it makes sense to restrict which players can loot it.

It's not as though they can get the print and manufacture it, so there's no real reason they'd need it.

If there's no objections I'll restrict looting rights for these types of items to only the classes that can use them (only if it's non-tradable).

• Downvote 1

if a loot item is non-tradable and class restricted it makes sense to restrict which players can loot it.

It's not as though they can get the print and manufacture it, so there's no real reason they'd need it.

If there's no objections I'll restrict looting rights for these types of items to only the classes that can use them (only if it's non-tradable).

You won't get any arguments from me on that...

Makes plenty of sense, no point in looting something you both cannot use and cannot trade.

You can still sell the non-tradable loot. Although, I think restricting looting to a class that can use it is OK.

Early on I looted a non-usable (be me) and non-trade item because I didn't know it was no-trade until I looted it. I could sell it to a vendor though for a good chunk of credits. If you solo a MOB and no one else is around, shouldn't you be allowed to collect and sell any loot on the MOB? Do you have to let it evaporate with the corpse?

And not allowing a non-user to loot the item means you can't drag it away for someone else to find later. Once you start to tractor the item you can warp or collect it. That does not seem like the time to decide that, yes you can pull the item, but no you can't get it into your hold.

It sounds like a good idea, but not sure if it will help as much as imagined.

Hmm. Why bother with it? Looting mistakes will happen, which sucks, but it seems not to be a big enough deal to warrant special coding. Also, if non-trade loot can be sold to a vendor, you run the risk of screwing people over who just want to vendor the loot from their kill, as GenghisBob said above.

In my opinion, it would be better to just get looting rights working as intended and let people make their mistakes. Preventing someone from looting non-trade stuff just seems too, dare I say, nanny-ish. Alternatively, we could add a popup confirmation prompt to make sure people don't make mistakes, but again that seems like too much hassle for such a silly thing.

• Upvote 2

Hmm. Why bother with it? Looting mistakes will happen, which sucks, but it seems not to be a big enough deal to warrant special coding. Also, if non-trade loot can be sold to a vendor, you run the risk of screwing people over who just want to vendor the loot from their kill, as GenghisBob said above.

In my opinion, it would be better to just get looting rights working as intended and let people make their mistakes. Preventing someone from looting non-trade stuff just seems too, dare I say, nanny-ish. Alternatively, we could add a popup confirmation prompt to make sure people don't make mistakes, but again that seems like too much hassle for such a silly thing.

Why bother? Because as mobs get turned in to raids (i.e. bowl, controller) it will become harder to get the loot due to how often the raid can be run and the organized numbers of players required to run the raid. It may seem like fuss over coding but to the players involved it is a significant deal.

Assuming looting rights and safe guards for who can loot what will only apply to raid boss corpses.

Ordinary corpses would still be the same so you can loot whatever you want.

• Downvote 2

Why bother? Because as mobs get turned in to raids (i.e. bowl, controller) it will become harder to get the loot due to how often the raid can be run and the organized numbers of players required to run the raid. It may seem like fuss over coding but to the players involved it is a significant deal.

Assuming looting rights and safe guards for who can loot what will only apply to raid boss corpses.

Ordinary corpses would still be the same so you can loot whatever you want.

Edit: @Lot, I meant the bit about coding in race/class restrictions on what can be pulled from a corpse only. It seems harsh to make it so only the class that can use an item can pull it from the corpse.

Restricting who can loot what by leveraging SERVER code seems like overkill and unnecessary. Wouldn't simply giving groups the ability to assign loot rights be the right way to go?

No one said loot right assignment would be raid boss only, did they? I would hope that all mobs would be subject to the loot rights code. This would effectively cover all aspects of the game, not just raid zones/encounters.

The only question becomes, who got the rights in the first place? (Note, this is a hint for someone to look at the borked credit kill code.)

Edited by Fuulish

If you are going to code a check for 'no trade / user class', a pop up confirmation might be nice. Say "No Trade Item - Do you wish to 1) Stop Tractor, 2) Tractor and Drop, 3) Tractor to Hold"?

It would not stop ninjas but it would stop mistakes, and would allow pulling items and leave floating for others without tricky warping.

Might be nice for unique items to allow to be pulled to space (if you already have duplicate item). But maybe this is on purpose so some items don't get too widely spread.