To Content devs. ( YOU know who you are )

I would just like to thank you for the Sniper Rifle. This thing is awesome and it shows how much work you guys put in to design something this cool.

We would love to see something for the JT and PP in the future that's almost as awesome ( almost because nothing can be this awesome) Thank you

I would just like to thank you for the Sniper Rifle. This thing is awesome and it shows how much work you guys put in to design something this cool.

We would love to see something for the JT and PP in the future that's almost as awesome ( almost because nothing can be this awesome) Thank you

Guess I need to work on my Scout's CLs some, haven't got her near to being able to use this, I think she gets L4 MLs soon, even though she has high EL/TL. Looking forward to trying it.

Curious to see what equipment is avaliable in the future for the other two new classes but for the JT I just hope that whatever beam she gets isn't an Energy or EMP beam.

I do like some aspects of the weapon, and then their is some that I don't. I like the awesome range borderline rediculous, but I hate the reload time and having to sit perfectly still or you lose your shot. Lets not also forget the 5 round ammo stack. It's a tad small, but if your using the weapon just to draw agro from just one mob you will probably have enough time to switch to something else when it gets to you. All in all I'm glad you did something for the TS thanks for all the hard work.

:)

glad you like it, is was great fun to add, and nice to have a weapon that does something a little different. Can't remember who suggested it originally, but it was a good idea!

Have you worked out that the more accurately you aim the weapon, the better the damages and critical bonuses you get?

I would also like to add a little 'dazed' mob effect that momentarily disables a mob hit by the weapon. Not sure if this would balance, but it'd be cool.

My TS did get the Sniper Rifle and ammo sample from Santa. I put it in my vault until I can get some info about the ammo. Net-7 db does not list it ;) Is it only player-made or does it also drop? Is it vendor sold somewhere? Does the ammo require exotic comps?

Edited by cpwings

My TS did get the Sniper Rifle and ammo sample from Santa. I put it in my vault until I can get some info about the ammo. Net-7 db does not list it ;) Is it only player-made or does it also drop? Is it vendor sold somewhere? Does the ammo require exotic comps?

It's PM, can't remember the comps off the top of my head, but my TW, Toren has them printed. I think there is one comp that requires a PT,TT, or JT to build. When my TW analyzed the comp the chance of success was 100% at the terminal.

Edit: Clarification, My TW has the ammo printed, my JT the comps. (wrote this poorly, and the later correction was lost in the crash.)

Ammo rarely fails to analyze (or should if memory serves) and no obscure components that I recall during creation but could be wrong. The DB didn't list it because it was new and hidden. It is not sold by any vendor as of yet, though I might change that in time depending on how rare or common the ammo seems to be.

Ammo rarely fails to analyze (or should if memory serves)

agree that it ammo should rarely fail to analyze, but that is not the case. When I did the BB Ammo mission a couple weeks ago, failed on two of the ammo prints and just yesterday tried to analyze some lvl 6 ML ammo that I got off some Terrans in Moto and failed on the first 2 attempts.

As a quick follow-up. My TS is lvl150 and uses 4 lvl9 Type A's with vendor ammo. I made up a few stacks of ammo to try out the Sniper Rifle. I went to the Niff and attacked the Vindis Ghost Ship (53) from just beyond the Type A's range then closed till all weapons would fire. I repeated this process till it was dead. In the process, I used a few stacks of SR ammo.

My next target was a lvl60 in Grissom. This time I tried taking advantage of the SR's huge range but this meant only the SR would be firing. It took so long between rounds that the target's shields fully recharged after each round.

I did some simple math on DPS for the SR w/PM'd ammo versus Type A's w/vendor ammo. The SR came out to 135.12 DPS and Type A was 66.39 DPS, however you have to remember there are 3 Type A's firing so triple that figure. Next was damage per ammo stack. Not even close there. SR only has 5 rnds per stack (16,890) versus 200 rnds (81,000) for the Type A's and there are 3 of them.

I will have to experiment some more and would like to see some more player's input before making a final judgement. Oh BTW, stack size is way too small or the ammo damage should be much higher or have a lingering effect IMO.

My quick obsevations, this is no WMD. While the damage per shot is impressive, it takes so long to charge and fire added to the having to sit still during the process, that the weapon may be best suited to using in a group either as a 1st shot then run while the rest of the group finishes off the target or providing a kill shot when the target is almost dead.

Get into position, take 1 shot them move is how real snipers operate, so perhaps it's best suited to using it that way.

For now, it's back in my vault.

@cpwing

You seem to have missed the spirit/point of this weapon. It's not meant to be entirely comparable to your current line up of guns, nor be a one shot WMD. Of course firing only one gun at a CL60 won't work. Why should it?

Perhaps Seeker would chime in here and remind us of what his vision for this weapon was. I do love the graphics when charging and firing.

Don't get me wrong, we do appreciate giving the TS a little love. Perhaps a TS only device or reactor ;)

Perhaps Seeker would chime in here and remind us of what his vision for this weapon was. I do love the graphics when charging and firing.

Don't get me wrong, we do appreciate giving the TS a little love. Perhaps a TS only device or reactor ;)

Equipment love is a good thing, especially for the Scout, Seeker, and Privateer.

Seeker had a vision for this? lol

Believe it or not this weapon came from something Byakhee said on the developer forum. He was suggesting something for Progen, Tienbau had some ideas and wanted to run with them, and I made the launcher and ammo for my class. ;)

Seeker had a vision for this? lol

Believe it or not this weapon came from something Byakhee said on the developer forum. He was suggesting something for Progen, Tienbau had some ideas and wanted to run with them, and I made the launcher and ammo for my class. ;)

Yeah, he started a thread about a sniper weapon for the Scout a while back.

Sniper weapon thread