Loot Rights

With the recent changes to the game, especially involving raids and bosses a change is sorely needed. Currently a group can earn kill credit towards a mob/boss, and loot rights will be activated on that mob.

The problem arises after that. Once that person closes the corpse, to allow the person that won/needs the loot, the looting restrictions are removed and ANYONE can loot the corpse. This has opened the door for griefing others and it is already happening. Healthy competition for kills is welcome and expected, but if you earn the kill you should get to keep the loot from it.

It should either be like back in LIVE where looting restrictions remained for X amount of time, even if you opened and closed the corpse 500 times.

OR

A /command or such to allow the group leader to loot the item, and GIVE it to the player that SHOULD receive it. This command is already in-game and available for GM use (swapping mis-looted no-trade items) but it could lead to abuse outside of a raid setting so it may not be worth it in the end.

Either way some type of change needs to be worked on and implemented sooner rather than later. If not it will just lead to drama and what should be unacceptable behavior.

• 1 month later...

also, back in enb live:

• if you didn't restricted looting in the group or credit kill to someone, when a mob dies, it would be credited to the group who killed and anyone in that group could loot it, and not in a random fashion per group member. that could be added as an option, like /randomkill or whatever.
  • whoever did the most damage to the mob, would be credited the kill, not who gave the last shot.

not sure the second is in effect, but sure does look so. it promotes KSing.

Edited by LPCA

• 2 weeks later...

how to deal with KSing:

• changing loot credit rules (most damage done, not last hit or first hit)
  • increasing spawn points, to promote dispersion of groups/players, thus avoiding ksing
  • making all mobs in the area (30k radius) rush and aggro very aggressively and only the offender (kser)
  • spawning high level mobs to target only the offender (kser), with the intent of incapacitating or making him run away
  • banning temporarily; reverting loot credit
Edited by LPCA

Before we even attempt to deal with KSing, credit kill needs to be fixed, atm it's not working correctly.

Went to the RD base the other day and saw it was taking damage, didn't have my scan boost device in so I dint see who was shooting at it but a few minutes latter it started regenerating shields till it was full health again, so i got my gear ready and went for it. To my surprise credit kill went to the other player so I send him a tell informing him, as expected he was also surprised do to the fact that he got killed and took a tow and apparently came back just before i killed it...By the way, hats off to you m8,(you know who you are) :) we don't see ppl giving up a 158% hellbore everyday like you did.....

Another example of the incorrect credit kill took place at the RD base again but this time I did a /loot command and this is what it showed.

Fazor: 43%

Fazor: 57%

My JD Fazor, started killing the Base, got killed and took a tow, went back found it back to full health and managed to kill it this time lol, but it seems the credit kill system did not return to 100% after it had regenerated.

I'm sure the DEVs will work out the details eventually but as far as outright KSing is concerned we have to show some courtesy to each other, there might not bee a 100% fool proof way to hard-code a solution that's acceptable by all......

Before we even attempt to deal with KSing, credit kill needs to be fixed, atm it's not working correctly.

I'm sure the DEVs will work out the details eventually but as far as outright KSing is concerned we have to show some courtesy to each other, there might not bee a 100% fool proof way to hard-code a solution that's acceptable by all......

:) WOAH WOAH WOAH, before anyone blows this out of proportion. Let me say that I beg the devs not to dabble with the "round robbin" looting mechanic, there are 2 more other looting mechanics. The problem I see everyone facing, has been gone on sense last year. The "1st come 1st serve bug", if it is officially a bug, no body knows for sure. I've experimented with the "1st come 1st serve" bug and works not the way it should, but it is an unfair issue that I would agree with. I believe that it is not connected to round robbin looting mechanic however. I hope that makes sense I enjoy using 1 out 4 things that actually work. Sense last year they just fixed the round robbin so, thats why I'm bringing this up.

Loosing loot rights after open and closing a corps is true, i never understood it. I'm sure the looting mechanic for "who does more dps" is the type thats is still broke.