Bosses like Blackbeards ghost and the birds in antaries.

Jamosite

When you think of bosses you strive for good loot. Most bosses in game garentee something... it may not be what you want but it beats getting a

component. Blackbeards ghost, most of the time, drops junk components. if this is intended that's fine but we are

hoping since its a raid that can change.

The same seems to be happening with the named birds in Antares, more often then not you get some ammo. again ... if

this is intended i understand

but it would be nice to have at least something good.

I hope you consider this or at least up the drop rate since most are timed and of raid caliber.

We have people going through the entire mob list as of now. I haven't checked it in a few days but you never know when they'll get to the particular mobs that you think have no loot. Then again they may have loot and just a lower drop percentage.

GoBB anyway drops some higher end items, items that weren't meant to flood the server so that's why the original designer set h is drops so rare.

if I may suggest, can you up it slightly but more to the point make some kind of guaranteed

drop that's not a lev 9 component

My thought process is that if you have to grab a big group to raid and fend off from other

groups raiding, it becomes increasingly difficult to

get that group together for the next one.

If memory serves me, the RD base is a guaranteed drop of "something" as well as the controller and the warder

(( if you can get him)). it may not be the exact item you want but its still something to some one.

...Just a suggestion.

....also can you check the Controller, seems the "Skull" shields are not dropping... same with the named Ten Gu outside of the fish bowl.

if I may suggest, can you up it slightly but more to the point make some kind of guaranteed

drop that's not a lev 9 component

My thought process is that if you have to grab a big group to raid and fend off from other

groups raiding, it becomes increasingly difficult to

get that group together for the next one.

If memory serves me, the RD base is a guaranteed drop of "something" as well as the controller and the warder

(( if you can get him)). it may not be the exact item you want but its still something to some one.

...Just a suggestion.

....also can you check the Controller, seems the "Skull" shields are not dropping... same with the named Ten Gu outside of the fish bowl.

Since only the fishbowl right now is set as a raid, only in fishbowl are 100% drops set.

And the fishies in cooper are all set. They have the new drop tables set and since they are just named nothing else, the good drops are rare and will stay as that. :)

greets

Hexergirl

TLDR version: Mobs (inc. Boss mobs) are under-review, just because they used to always drop end-game items, does not mean they will now or in the future. Chance is a fickle, just because it failed to drop this time, does not mean they won't drop. End-game items are supposed to be rare, and highly coveted.

----

The Ghost of Blackbeard and the various other mobs in game, are under review, around 10-15% of them currently have been reviewed the rest are on going (theres over 2,000 unique mobs in game, so its a large list).

Now I'd love to say that such end-game boss mobs such as GoBB and the Controller should have a 100% chance of dropping something from their rare-loot table, such as a device or a weapon. The amount of effort that some of you guys put into killing these bosses should be rewarded. But if we were to guarantee something would drop of value 100% of the time, we would seriously have to look at increasing the spawn timer of the boss mobs from (in some cases) 45 minutes or 2 hours to 24/48/72 hours.

Why? To avoid flooding the server with such rare devices and weapons etc, which is what has happened during Stress Test 4.

End-game mobs should be hard to kill yes, they should also drop end-game class items; this being the fact, their drops of said rare items should be restricted. A Black Caster, a Black Spitter, Elite Dred Mail (Skull Shield) should be a rare drop. the chances of getting it should be set to a reasonable level where getting the reward is worth the risk, but not to such a level where a player expects (or in some cases... demands) a highly-valued item to drop. Limiting the drop of end-game items, keeps them rare end-game items, something that holds value both in its resale value, but also 'cool factor' of using such an item.

Stress Testing, stresses the server and the code, which holds positive sway, it allows the developers to test code in such away a closed beta would not permit, it also allows you the player to experience everything the game allows at its current stage. But, as the game progresses from Stress Test 4 to where it is now, there lies the problem. The code is being tweeked, the mobs and the AI, the game environment as a whole has grown, and progressed, to such a stage where end-game mobs are now being finalised, out from their 'lets put this in and see how it works' to a more finely tuned and appropriate development level.

This is great, this is good, this is what the developers what. Especially the developers working on the mobs (Everymore, myself) and other independant devs (Hexergirl et al). When a mob moves from dropping everything it can, to such a stage where its loot drops are limited, are rare and the like, is when we (developers) are happy with the spawn, the mobs and their abilities, and drop rates, and we feel we have the mob at a stage where we can call it 'done'.

So yes, during Stress Test 4, alot of the end-game mobs were/are dropping everything they can, you the player have thought this normal and adjusted to such. But as the mob evolves, changes made to it are worked out, all its bugs are sorted, and how we see their loot distributed. We then adjust, tweek and prune the mobs in such away where they may be harder to kill, do more damage or in this case drop less in the way of 'end game loot'. It has its reasons.... Mainly to keep some loot that is end-game class; RARE.

After all if everyone has an item, its not exactly rare, or thought of as an 'I WANT IT!' item.

My 2 cents (if that) worth:

I'd choose high spawn low-ish drop rate over having a boss spawn once every day or 2 with guaranteed loot. One reason I say this is the cool factor that comes with really good end-game items. It might suck bad if you're so unlucky you have to kill gobb a dozen times to get the particular item you want but that makes the item that much more elite. (Yeah grandpa we all know you did 10 tours in fb to get your GoD, enough already )

The other reason I say this is the small guild and/or not so uber player. Any boss on a really long spawn timer (especially if it's not variable) will be highly contested every time it spawns and in such a situation, those with the most/best guns win. I belong to a large and friendly guild and would be ok but in live I was in a small casual guild and we didn't have a prayer on long spawns like the warder, but on shorter ones like the mordana it was all good.

Anyway that's just my opinion if anyone has a different view by all means throw it out there.

My 2 cents (if that) worth:

I'd choose high spawn low-ish drop rate over having a boss spawn once every day or 2 with guaranteed loot. One reason I say this is the cool factor that comes with really good end-game items. It might suck bad if you're so unlucky you have to kill gobb a dozen times to get the particular item you want but that makes the item that much more elite. (Yeah grandpa we all know you did 10 tours in fb to get your GoD, enough already )

The other reason I say this is the small guild and/or not so uber player. Any boss on a really long spawn timer (especially if it's not variable) will be highly contested every time it spawns and in such a situation, those with the most/best guns win. I belong to a large and friendly guild and would be ok but in live I was in a small casual guild and we didn't have a prayer on long spawns like the warder, but on shorter ones like the mordana it was all good.

Anyway that's just my opinion if anyone has a different view by all means throw it out there.

Having some elite equipment that's hard to get is fine, so long as there are plenty of non-elite things to choose from for those players who won't get the elite items. They should not be as good as the elite items, but they should be better than things like the Pittbull Sr and be desirable in their own right, for the classes for which they're intended. More items to choose from that aren't elite to choose from at max levels for each race and class would be nice, and mean that there wouldn't be specific loadouts for everyone of the same race or class.

Having some elite equipment that's hard to get is fine, so long as there are plenty of non-elite things to choose from for those players who won't get the elite items. They should not be as good as the elite items, but they should be better than things like the Pittbull Sr and be desirable in their own right, for the classes for which they're intended. More items to choose from that aren't elite to choose from at max levels for each race and class would be nice, and mean that there wouldn't be specific loadouts for everyone of the same race or class.

Great idea IMO. Make the raid gear and other hard to obtain stuff really good and worth the substantial effort to get but also make good gear available to the average player. It'd be nice to ask "what setup do you guys reccomend for this class at this level?" And get many different answers. I think it works this way a bit better at some levels with some gear than others. For example with my level 7 beams I've been playing with combos of soulfire, lions, shangos, and even my l6 wrath (such a good gun) and still can't quite decide what I like best. At l8 however, at least for plasma, Ruby and pitbulls is about my only choice save maybe the harvester of souls if I need the conserve that bad. Anyway all I'm sayin is good point Terrell

You know, I'm starting to get real tired of some of you people working on this game like its going to the open market or something.

So, lets see if I understand this correctly, the plan is to have the elite players, you know, the 1% that's going to have these

items, the guild leaders, the DEVs and friends and there going to sell them on Ebay like they did in live right?

Listen up folks, we are a community of around 50 real players, hard-cores with a bunch of alts each, and by the time you guys

finish the game half of us are going to be dead.

Earth and Beyond had its day and its never going to have it again no matter what you do, so quit wasting your time and ours and

bring the fun factor back and lets all enjoy a year or two of play.

OK OK I'm calm now, NOT! B) but my point is that people are not going to spend 6 months leveling a toon so they can go to 30

raids hoping they get a skull shield especially the young crowd that want it, and want it now, on a emulator server run by Tom, Joe

and Harry that can shut down, get shut down by the man or just trip on the cord and all is gone at any time.

The fact that there are over 14k members in the forums and even if the 50-100 real people playing this game on average have 5

accounts each that would make it 500 members, should give you guys a clue that the majority are not happy with the way things are

going here and left for greener pastures, where are the other 13.500 and why are they not playing???

my 2.2 credits as usual, Rez over and out

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Earth and Beyond had its day and its never going to have it again no matter what you do, so quit wasting your time and ours and bring the fun factor back and lets all enjoy a year or two of play.

after reading this, why should I take into account anything else you wrote?

Your request conflicts with the spirit of this project.

EnB is not over. The purpose of this project is not to make people be entertained for a little while with nostalgia before they quit. I hope to play this game for a long time, more than a year or two, and I hope others will too.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

EnB is not over. The purpose of this project is not to make people be entertained for a little while with nostalgia before they quit. I hope to play this game for a long time, more than a year or two, and I hope others will too.

/cheer

:blink:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's the spirit Kenu, spread the passion around to some of the other DEVs and give hope to the community.

I hope the people working on this project spend there time on development and not playing the game so it's our job to point out the good the bad and the ugly.

I can understand not wanting to flood the server with some of the rare loot that these bosses drop, honestly I can. But to be honest, 1 component instead of anything of value feels like a slap in the face for the time killing it. I don't want to be just handed loot, but i do want the feeling that the reward is equal to the skill and time spent for a group to kill these bosses. And right now it isn't exactly feeling that way.

Possibly add more diverse loot to the table instead of just components so that if the rare loot doesn't fall on that kill, something else of value will. Perhaps an item that can be printed, not on same scale as the boss loot but still of more value than a component. Or perhaps a item that starts a mission for the person that looted it. Just throwing ideas out here....

• Upvote 2

I can understand not wanting to flood the server with some of the rare loot that these bosses drop, honestly I can. But to be honest, 1 component instead of anything of value feels like a slap in the face for the time killing it. I don't want to be just handed loot, but i do want the feeling that the reward is equal to the skill and time spent for a group to kill these bosses. And right now it isn't exactly feeling that way.

Possibly add more diverse loot to the table instead of just components so that if the rare loot doesn't fall on that kill, something else of value will. Perhaps an item that can be printed, not on same scale as the boss loot but still of more value than a component. Or perhaps a item that starts a mission for the person that looted it. Just throwing ideas out here....

I agree... Something of value would be much better then a comp. The market has already been saturated with a lot of these rare items already. So now you want to slow it down to the point where you have to kill GoBB a dozen times before you get anything of value. I think the reward should be worth the risk involved, and a comp even a L9 one isn't worth the risk of killing a boss. Only reason why people do is because the item is just that good and they will sit there and kill to get it as many times as they have to.

This sounds good to me as well. Keep the rare loot rare, but give the mobs more things they can drop that would be desirable, and pehaps manufacturable. Those things don't have to be uber or elite items, players will use them, so long as they're decent items. Every Jenquai doesn't need to have a Black Streak, or a GoD, but it wouldn't be bad to have some beams both energy & plasma that do less damage than the elite beams, but have 1 or 2 race-friendly buffs. The Terrans could get a few new MLs, and the Progen a few new PLs as well, to be fair to all 3 races. This could be said for other equipment types as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of having the rare loot tables filled up to always have something useful drop. You could just pack the list full of loot (I'd prefer manufacturables since I like to craft) that is (or should be) rare from ordinary mobs like Archos, No 1 Most Prize ML Zet, Platinum Scale Shield, Normandy Tria, Arabian, Ursa, Cygnus, Coma, Chimaera's, Ivory Ward, Phoenix, Corona Borealis, Sting, et c.

You could even remove some of the higher level manufacturable stuff from vendors and put them on mobs instead (both on the guaranteed list of bosses and the rare loot list of ordinary mobs)

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of having the rare loot tables filled up to always have something useful drop. You could just pack the list full of loot (I'd prefer manufacturables since I like to craft) that is (or should be) rare from ordinary mobs like Archos, No 1 Most Prize ML Zet, Platinum Scale Shield, Normandy Tria, Arabian, Ursa, Cygnus, Coma, Chimaera's, Ivory Ward, Phoenix, Corona Borealis, Sting, et c.

You could even remove some of the higher level manufacturable stuff from vendors and put them on mobs instead (both on the guaranteed list of bosses and the rare loot list of ordinary mobs)

This sounds like a pretty good idea to me too, but instead of removing things from vendors, design some new stuff. Items that are between what the vendors offer, and the high-end loot, in terms of desirablity and usefulness. Some stuff for each race, some stuff for each profession, and some that is class specific.