Guild Ranks...

ENB4lafe6

Not sure if it has been brought up already. Did some searches prior to this.

Would be nice to say, for example, be able to use Progen based Guild ranks in place of the current Terran ones.

Even add Jenquai options also to be fair and balanced.

Pirate related ones possibly?

Edited by Dora the Sabine Explorer

Not sure if it has been brought up already. Did some searches prior to this.

Would be nice to say, for example, be able to use Progen based Guild ranks in place of the current Terran ones.

Even add Jenquai options also to be fair and balanced.

Pirate related ones possibly?

Eventually once we have more time to spare on the guild system we'll probably go back and do it like live where you could set your own ranks.

Eventually once we have more time to spare on the guild system we'll probably go back and do it like live where you could set your own ranks.

They can't do that now? :D

For shame! I actually think the only thing in our way here is implementing a few slash commands. This was all done through slash commands in live, right?

They can't do that now? :o

For shame! I actually think the only thing in our way here is implementing a few slash commands. This was all done through slash commands in live, right?

If they can I'm not aware of how, I know just basic guild functionality was added, the ability for an MOTD. I am not sure on the implementation its been so long, I thought I remembered being able to do it through the guild window too, but who knows. :D A /slash command version would be fine until/unless we find there is a way to do it through the guild window/friend list.

If they can I'm not aware of how, I know just basic guild functionality was added, the ability for an MOTD. I am not sure on the implementation its been so long, I thought I remembered being able to do it through the guild window too, but who knows. :D A /slash command version would be fine until/unless we find there is a way to do it through the guild window/friend list.

All I can do is promote and accept the Terran auto-rank using the Guild window.

Tag option just leaves a message "Guild : Not implemented yet".

Can't demote either.

Another for the wishlist, checkboxes to add to the Friendslist from the Guildlist.

Something that didn't require typing in each and every name.

Thanks for listening!

Is that what "Tag" is for? I honestly have no clue what that button is intended to do.

The demotion thing is part of permissions, which can't be customized yet either. Anyone in an officer rank should be able to demote I think, although it may be locked down to the highest 3 or 4 ranks...

We fail at that, sorry. We don't have the ability to edit the client as would be necessary to make a change like that. :)

Guild stuff really needs some love... I'd love to hook some of the simpler stuff up while I'm on break, but I'm working on the new launcher and probably won't have time. Eh, it'll get done eventually. :rolleyes:

Is that what "Tag" is for? I honestly have no clue what that button is intended to do.

The demotion thing is part of permissions, which can't be customized yet either. Anyone in an officer rank should be able to demote I think, although it may be locked down to the highest 3 or 4 ranks...

We fail at that, sorry. We don't have the ability to edit the client as would be necessary to make a change like that. :)

Guild stuff really needs some love... I'd love to hook some of the simpler stuff up while I'm on break, but I'm working on the new launcher and probably won't have time. Eh, it'll get done eventually. :rolleyes:

You should be able to promote to the level below you in the guild, and so on all the way up. Demote should be available for anyone on ranks below you. We can try as time permits.

Tag was more for internal/ admin stuff.

Was great to help delegate tasks and positions imo.

Also, it helped a few "Cabin Boys" self-identify to the rest of our Live Guild. Hehe.

Just tried to use Demote. As a Guild Leader, I cannot demote below me. Option is in red text on the Guild Window for me. Can kick and promote so important stuff works.

Yeah, this stuff isn't gamebreaking for me and I appreciate y'all acknowledging. All good things with time, indeed!

So what exactly did "Tag" do? Would the player's tag show up next to their guild rank or something? It wouldn't be too hard to implement because of the work the guy who originally wrote the guild code already did, but I haven't the slightest idea what the function really does.

So what exactly did "Tag" do? Would the player's tag show up next to their guild rank or something? It wouldn't be too hard to implement because of the work the guy who originally wrote the guild code already did, but I haven't the slightest idea what the function really does.

If I can recall correctly, only guild members could see it.

Think the Tag was visible in brackets by the Guild Name but am not sure now.

For some reason I thought the tag also showed up on the Guildlist window.

Can remember in Live making tags like Cabin Boy, Master Looter, and Miner.

To me, it was good for admin and it let others know who was doing what within the guild.

"Tag" is exactly as indicated, it was the "notes" section seen on modern mmos (*cough*wow*cough*). Allowed a guildmaster or officers to make notes about members and the like.

I think my real question is, does anyone remember exactly where you would see it? Is the tag button supposed to pop open some window for you to read/edit or is the tag shown next to the player's name in the guild window? If anyone has screenshots, that would be really great.

I think my real question is, does anyone remember exactly where you would see it?

I can't recall correctly but I thought it was visible ingame by the guild name and by player names in the guild window.

Is the tag button supposed to pop open some window for you to read/edit or is the tag shown next to the player's name in the guild window?

Using the tag button from the guild window does cause a pop up window to enter text.

I somewhat remember seeing tags by Players names in the guild window.

If anyone has screenshots, that would be really great.

Mine are long gone, sadly.

If I remember it right: the tag function was in guild thing only, it didn't appear like a title did below players name or guild. But when a guildie opened guild pane it would have a sort of *note next to a toons name. I can't remember the amount but it was only just a few character long string..like 20 alpha-numeric..maybe a bit more.

It helped keep officers alt toons numerated etc. without boosting all their alt toons to a set rank. Also the guild designated SOMETHING like guild worm holer (for jobs etc).Depending on guild structuring and permissions some officers only had 1 toon in a officer slot and other toons lower rank, with that note next to the alt toons it helped guildies know that there was a officer on...just not that toon atm..and if they was in need of officer accessed skill what toon to seek out in private. This REALLY helped out in big guilds when many of the noobs didnt have personal knowledge of officers alts etc. the officer could handle things via tells most times without getting swamped in guild chat once he/she logged on officer level toon.

Example:

Bob -admiral

Bob2 -ensign *[jump starter]

Bob3 -ensign *[Healer]

Bob4 -petty officer *[Vault Access]

Bob5 -captain *[Mediator]

Don't remember how, maybe a slash, but there was a way to pass on a MOTD but to officer of a set rank only also. So they could pass on a note to do something when next a officer was on.