What I'd like to see.

BuzzStPoint

After playing for awhile Here's what I would like to see in the game.

Listed in order or priority of what I would like.

Message Box / Mailbox- Like sending a tell to someone, but you would be able to send them a message when they are off line. Perhaps to cut down on spam, only friends and guild members would be able to send messages.

Guild Vaults- A vault where you can share your loot with other guild members.

Guild Rooms or lounges - A lounge or room off a base for only guild members.

Public Vault - A place to dump cargo that you don't want to sell or space.

Towing - Instead of getting XP debt, get an actual tow to the base. Have a player hook up and pull you back to a base. (My sons idea, would take awhile but hey let have some actual tow vehicles)

Message Box / Mailbox- Like sending a tell to someone, but you would be able to send them a message when they are off line. Perhaps to cut down on spam, only friends and guild members would be able to send messages.

Towing - Instead of getting XP debt, get an actual tow to the base. Have a player hook up and pull you back to a base. (My sons idea, would take awhile but hey let have some actual tow vehicles)

Offline messages have been talked about before, we do plan on setting them up but it's a fair amount of work and there are higher priorities.

Guild vaults have also been discussed, and we worked out a reasonably workable system using some new '/' commands to switch between the personal and guild vaults. No timeline on this, we have been very busy for the christmas update!

Public vault - hmmm. Kinda like a scrap merchant? How about we have an actual scrap merchant NPC who you sell your old junk to and he retains choice items for resell, so you can still see your old crap if you want to, and if anyone's bought it or not.

Physical tow-to-base - hehe, yeah it'd be cool and fun but I don't think too many players would use this more than once. Also just thinking about how I'd code it is making my head hurt with all the extra stuff I'd need to code in.

A Scrap merchant sounds like an excellent addition. If there is only going ot be 1 then Friendship 7 is the place to put it, if there are going to be multiple ones, then F7, and stations that are fairly remote from there.

A Scrap merchant sounds like an excellent addition. If there is only going ot be 1 then Friendship 7 is the place to put it, if there are going to be multiple ones, then F7, and stations that are fairly remote from there.

damn right! It has to be in F7. I think it'd be fun to browse the scrappers to see who's old crap is up for sale and what sort of quality they left it in!

I was looking at writing this in built on to the portal, but if its going in game i might just wait and then integrate it to the portal.

Unless the devs want me to write the database side and the game can read my database :)

Scrap merchant? how would that work? is it like a market/auction house? I would not mind seeing a place you could put item for sale while you are not there, like auction house or merchant you give item to and he sells for you (with appropriate cut maybe 1 to 5%)

Or a scrap merchant that you give "scrap" to and then can gain "credit" for refurbish items? (along with a marketing guy to sell your good stuff for you)

Shared vault for all your chars on that account would be nice along with guild vaults. Or if you could send items in mail (hopefully multiple)

Edited by Bovyne

Scrap merchant? how would that work? is it like a market/auction house? I would not mind seeing a place you could put item for sale while you are not there, like auction house or merchant you give item to and he sells for you (with appropriate cut maybe 1 to 5%)

Or a scrap merchant that you give "scrap" to and then can gain "credit" for refurbish items? (along with a marketing guy to sell your good stuff for you)

Shared vault for all your chars on that account would be nice along with guild vaults. Or if you could send items in mail (hopefully multiple)

It's a vendor where you can sell unwanted equipment, who other players can buy said equipment from.

It's a vendor where you can sell unwanted equipment, who other players can buy said equipment from.

I like it!! Sort of like a pawn shop.

We “sell” stuff on commission, we get some % of the value up front, but when the item sells we get the rest (less pawn shop vig).

If the item does not sell in a predetermined time, the Pawn shop will allow the original seller to buy this item back as above…or if not, that player looses any claim to the merchandise and the Pawn shop sells and keeps any profit.

I can see this as EXTREMELY valuable for dumping refined ores on my TS. If all miners dump their ores here, component builders will actually have access to a good supply of ores (without leaving F7 or dual boxing!) Might even motivate me to train a component builder :) This of course, would require the community to only buy ores (particularly high level, rarer ores) when they are using them to build. A few people deciding to monopolize and buy up all the ores could really kill this sort of thing.

I can see this as EXTREMELY valuable for dumping refined ores on my TS. If all miners dump their ores here, component builders will actually have access to a good supply of ores (without leaving F7 or dual boxing!) Might even motivate me to train a component builder :) This of course, would require the community to only buy ores (particularly high level, rarer ores) when they are using them to build. A few people deciding to monopolize and buy up all the ores could really kill this sort of thing.

I wasn't thinking on selling item.. A player could just drop of said cargo.. In order to keep players from monopolizing the vendor items, perhaps the vendor would only keep so many of that item. Or simply only hold the item for so long. After 24 hours of having the item dropped off, it disappears.

Another idea I had was to have your own vending store, I'm a miner and happy mining all day long. I'd like to mine, put them up in a vendor store to sell. A player could place this vendor where he chooses. Perhaps set it as a player has to be a certain level and cost so much. Pull out a loan and it would be paid off by the items you sell.

Edited by BuzzStPoint

I like it!! Sort of like a pawn shop.

We “sell” stuff on commission, we get some % of the value up front, but when the item sells we get the rest (less pawn shop vig).

If the item does not sell in a predetermined time, the Pawn shop will allow the original seller to buy this item back as above…or if not, that player looses any claim to the merchandise and the Pawn shop sells and keeps any profit.

That sounds FAR too much like an auction house, which is something I would never support in E&B. I think it should be a system where you sell your item, and you get whatever credit value the NPC gives you for that item (selling price, as per the item database, with a modifier to make it worthwhile to use the scrapper), and then the item is available for others to purchase (at the buying price in the DB) from the NPC. Once you sell it to the NPC, your part is done, and you have no further claim to the item in any way, short of buying it back.

The way I would like to see it work, is multiple NPCs: 1 buyer, and 1 seller for each category of item (shields, reactors, engines, PLs, MLs, Beams, devices, ore). The system could hold onto any given item for a maximum amount of time (max should be a week, imho), BUT each seller would have a cap on maximum number of items it can hold. For argument's sake, let's go with 100. Soon as the 101st item gets added to say the shield seller's inventory, it knocks one out in a strict chronological order, oldest item is the first to go, no matter what it is.

An alternate way of doing the seller NPCs could be a weapon seller, an equipment seller and an ore seller for each of L1-L3, L4-L6, and L7-L9.

That sounds FAR too much like an auction house, which is something I would never support in E&B. I think it should be a system where you sell your item, and you get whatever credit value the NPC gives you for that item (selling price, as per the item database, with a modifier to make it worthwhile to use the scrapper), and then the item is available for others to purchase (at the buying price in the DB) from the NPC. Once you sell it to the NPC, your part is done, and you have no further claim to the item in any way, short of buying it back.

The way I would like to see it work, is multiple NPCs: 1 buyer, and 1 seller for each category of item (shields, reactors, engines, PLs, MLs, Beams, devices, ore). The system could hold onto any given item for a maximum amount of time (max should be a week, imho), BUT each seller would have a cap on maximum number of items it can hold. For argument's sake, let's go with 100. Soon as the 101st item gets added to say the shield seller's inventory, it knocks one out in a strict chronological order, oldest item is the first to go, no matter what it is..

Your first paragraph describes how I would want it to work as well, but your second paragraph describes an even better alternative, though I would put all the weapon types in one NPC in that option, and maybe make the item cap a little higher (when we have more players).

I like the idea of player owned vendors, kind of akin to SWG. I love how you can build lots of stuff and sell it without having to be online. Not really in the spirit of enb however and I'm guessing it'd take some major work to implement. I like it though

Edited by Aiel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Edit: pounced on the concept without reading all of the posts essentially ninja'ing mine lol. Here's the revised version.

I would absolutely love to see an intermediary system like this. I agree that an AH kills player interaction, so maybe just a new vendor specifically for player-made parts and player-mined ores is a better idea. Add the items sold by players to the vendor's inventory, and adjust the prices to match the quality. So if you can't find someone online to buy your 200% parts from at parts + build cost + tip, you can still (possibly) get it from the NPC vendor - just at 200% prices :D

Since the prospectors and builders get some value when they sell to the merchant, but more value when they sell direct to players, and the costs to buy from players are lower than from the vendor, I can see this working out really well for everyone. Perhaps the sell price to this vendor could be adjusted to be slightly higher than the default sell cost to other vendors, to provide an incentive for people to use the system?

W

Edited by wootage

I'm liking the ideas here, but it's making my head hurt ... let's get the 2nd hand item merchant up and running and then run from there.

So you want him to re-sell refined ores? I can see why this would be handy for builders. Seems like a good idea ... Yes I also agree with the previous poster of having the items go after 24hrs, otherwise the DB will fill up. For ores and refined ores we could have amounts taken off here and there for NPC's buying them.

• 3 weeks later...

How about a "drop box" in stations where you can address (tx ownership) of an item to another player and leave it there so they can pick it up? It's not a mail system, but it'd be effective enough for basic needs.

The way I would like to see it work, is multiple NPCs: 1 buyer, and 1 seller for each category of item (shields, reactors, engines, PLs, MLs, Beams, devices, ore). The system could hold onto any given item for a maximum amount of time (max should be a week, imho), BUT each seller would have a cap on maximum number of items it can hold. For argument's sake, let's go with 100. Soon as the 101st item gets added to say the shield seller's inventory, it knocks one out in a strict chronological order, oldest item is the first to go, no matter what it is.

An alternate way of doing the seller NPCs could be a weapon seller, an equipment seller and an ore seller for each of L1-L3, L4-L6, and L7-L9.

I agree. I don't want an auction house. Have the scrap merchants buy at a fixed price and sell at a fixed price. He could pay more and sell for less than the other vendors though, to have players use them more. I also like the idea of dividing them according to item type like the other merchants. If possible, all merchants could use a common database though, so you could sell anything to any of them, but would have to go to a specific vendor to buy a certain type of item. You could also have different level stuff sold at different stations.

I don't see why they would ever have to clear out stuff. Database space is cheap, and there isn't that many items in-game. Items would have to be reset to 100% quality and the made by tab would have to be removed (or replaced with "refurbished" or something) to be able to stack the items. The number of items available could deteriorate over time though so the market isn't flooded, say reduce the inventory by 10% each day.

Now that I think about it, I really like the 10% idea. It would mean that once you get to were there is only 4 items left, 10% rounds of 4 rounds to 0, so unless someone buys them, there will always be 4 items of everything available that people has sold to the scrap vendor.