Mining Etiquette

Psio

Holding open a hulk so the field doesn't respond until you decide for it to is kinda rude. I'm thinking the game wasn't meant to be exploited in this fashion, but who knows, it's a real pain to other explorers to say the least.

ScreenShot13.jpg

• Downvote 2

I think that only affects the timer on that particular hulk not the whole field as each hulk has a timer. All the other hulks in the field will carry on spawning e.g. L4-6 hulks spawn every 16 hours plus or minus 4 hours. May be that dude had a full hold and couldn't mine the hulk and got called AFK -- who knows.

Lot,

I think you may be mistaken. If one hulk is left, the entire field must wait for that one hulk to be mined. That is what hulk tripping is / and was in live. People leave one hulk left and the entire fiel will be held up until the last hulk is mined. I understand the screen here doesn't show the time and I should have shown the time differential from the first time I saw this player, and the 45 minutes that transpired.

As far as singling out and guild, don't be coy, I could care less what guild the player is in, I'm pointing out a long standing problem with some JE in game that choose to use the nuances and mechanics of the game to their benefit. Manipulating the fields to give a player an advantage over ALL others in the game is simply rude. I'm wondering if the Devs might be able to attach individual timers to roids / gases / hulks instead of assigning that timer to the entire field.

Ever wonder why you come into a hulk field and there is only one hulk left? That's hulk tripping or roid tripping. People used to do it in live to monopolize spawn points and it looks like bad habits have followed into the EMU.

Ever wonder why you come into a hulk field and there is only one hulk left? That's hulk tripping or roid tripping. People used to do it in live to monopolize spawn points and it looks like bad habits have followed into the EMU.
wasnt there a despawn timer in live for roids/hulks for such thing ? I mean, if roid was first opened, then despawn timer started (say 5min) and it it was up, then the roid went poof whether player had it open or not.

wasnt there a despawn timer in live for roids/hulks for such thing ? I mean, if roid was first opened, then despawn timer started (say 5min) and it it was up, then the roid went poof whether player had it open or not.

You might have needed to take something from it to start the despawn timer, but I'm not sure of that.

This is probably going to end up resulting in a flame when/if this person comes through that plays the toon, so y'know what, let's just cut it off here and say we'll investigate how this works and if so, we'll apply a decay timer to prevent it from being possible rather than load the system down with timers for every roid. :)

Regarding the post by Psio:

I generally don't open a roid unless I have the means (reactor juice) to pull it. In the case of my JE (YellowCab) I might have run dry from drawing a few L8+ items having left my Martyr's Heart in my vault that day. YellowCab's been farming space suits for her RD+ faction lately, and in between her combat loadout and her mining loadout, I might have forgotten to install the MH (usually alleviates the running out the juice mid-roid).

Not sure where the claim of holding it open for 45 minutes comes from, and that's the first time I've ever heard of the term "tripping". The longest I've ever held a roid open is about three minutes while avoiding aggro or allowing reactor to recharge a little.

Hulk fields are on an INCREDIBLY slow respawn timer at present, anywhere from several hours to a couple of days. It just wouldn't make any sense to apply such a technique to them (assuming this is a quirk of a game mechanic).

The only time I was actively holding a roid was yesterday in Cooper (one of the heavily guarded mine fields to grab things one at a time whilest cloaking/decloaking to avoid the spawn of 5-6 ten-gu that had drifted over in the course of their patrols). Not really worth the bother of solo-mining those either; next time I need to mine out there I'll have my PW flying CAP on the fish.

And for the record, I'd more than welcome a despawn timer for roids once opened to equal to that of mob corpses to prevent people from holding them open indefinitely.

Devs/Mods - please feel free to lock this to prevent the likely flamefest that would otherwise ensue: I just wanted to present my side of the story.

Best regards~