How does EnB work out turbo?

Hi,

I have been asked by a player to assist with the creation of an Excel tool which will display the DPS for weapons.

During the creation I came across an oddity with regard to the handling of the calculation of turbo percentages on weapon reload times.

This is what I mean.

If we look at the Archos, it has a standard reload time of 1.4 seconds. I am assuming that if a player had a turbo percentage of 50%, then the reload time would be halved. 1.4 -50% = 0.7 second reload. So far, so good. But what happens at 100%?

Let's start with some simple numbers:

If I were to add 100% of 10 to 10, I'd have 20, right? And so, if I were to subtract 100% of 10 from 10, then I'd have 0.

So how would that work with the reload time for an Archos, if I were to have 100% turbo? Surely, 100% of 1.4 seconds is 1.4 seconds and therefore the reload time would be 0 seconds, which would theoretically mean my entire supply of ammo would fire instantaneously! If that were true, how would the game handle over 100%, give you more ammo than you started with....???

Clearly the game doesn't handle turbo percentage in the way one would normally expect. So, does anyone know how it does handle it?

If someone could simply explain how the game calculates the reload times when turbo applied, I'd be grateful. Perhaps you can fill in the following:

Archos native 1.4 reload.

10% turbo =

25% turbo =

50% turbo =

75% turbo =

100% turbo =

125% turbo =

(Yes, I know 125% isn't actually possible to achieve but I want to understand the maths.)

cheers

Really/Calibra

Turbo reduces the delay enough so that you will do that much more damage.

10% turbo = 10/11(90.9%) reload time, resulting in 10% more damage

25% turbo = 80% reload time, resulting in 25% more damage

40% turbo = 5/7(71.4%) reload time, resulting in 40% more damage

50% turbo = 2/3(66.6%) reload time, resulting in 50% more damage

60% turbo = 5/8(62.5%) reload time, resulting in 60% more damage

80% turbo = 5/9(55.5%)) reload time, resulting in 80% more damage

100% turbo = 50% reload time, resulting in 100% more damage

Turbo currenlty stacks additively using the highest 'Turbo Weapons (Equip)', 'Turbo Beam/ML/PL (Equip)', and the last applied 'Turbo Weapons (Activated)'. Unless there is a hidden cap, values higher than 100% would work the same, 200% turbo would be 1/3 reload time, resulting in 200% more damage.

• Upvote 1