Player Made Station Advertisements

Reyla

Doesn't that make him a *watch* salesman?

To me, why would a drugged out car salesman be selling a watch in a bus station bathroom?

Terran logic, I guess.

Low overhead? Maximizing profit potential? OMG, Win!!!

I saw a Terran find a credit chip on the floor once...

Thought he won the lotto!

:D

You're lucky he didn't kill or lock you away to ensure his profit. The fact that you live on to talk about the situation tells me he made more profit by letting you go. :D

You're lucky he didn't kill or lock you away to ensure his profit. The fact that you live on to talk about the situation tells me he made more profit by letting you go. :)

Ha! That a groveling specimen of the flaccid Terran race would think of engaging a Progen masterpiece of biology in glorious combat! //endroleplay

So.. We are waaay off topic here.

Also, I reject the insinuation that American car salesmen are the most likely to be coked up and selling obviously stolen goods in a bus station bathroom. Granted, Jersites are pretty sleazy...

• 1 month later...

Wowee... This makes me less ashamed of the US for making Justin Beiber famous (/facepalm). :P

The main obstacle we face with doing audio ads, additional dialogue, etc. is the inherent limitations of our project. Most people don't have the setup necessary to create good-sounding audio clips. As for me, I have audio equipment, but I don't think I'm much of a voice actor. I suppose we can always just work with what we have, but I don't think we necessarily want garbled webcam audio echoing through stations. ;)

That said, if anyone out there wants to take a crack at a station ad or something, I'd be happy to help and/or at least see what the community can come up with. Some player-original content would add some nice community coziness to the game. :)

lmao high five on that Justin beaver joke! I do believe he sold he's soul to the US govt. :lol:

You would be amazed at what some basic audio studio software can produce. If you had to do it through webcam, then take that sound file and master it by reducing the crackle & pop noise reduction. You could barely tell the difference when played back. Me and My friend has worked on some tunes with our voices as bad as they are, yet it comes out mistakingly professional sounding with the magic of audio editing software. :lol:

If this idea gets put into the development box then I'm not so worried about the who wins, then I'm about where it is being placed in game. Why make things more complicated when you already have intros and outros in the earth and beyond game? I'm thinking who ever wishes to become a star sorta a speak and broadcast their voice to the masses. Would be ideal for him to be as a filler then collaborate an entire newly audio track.

Take Net-7 for example its original only thing we probably would change is the middle part where the reports come in. I tend to enjoy knowing that Net-7 has that intro and Outro to it that is what makes it special. Not to mention part of what was ENB Live.

I hope whatever they create blends in with what Earth and beyond is about. Not just for gimmicks or schemes or competition >_< like Eve Online, spar me the marketing war on there. Earth & beyond is a community of user helping other users in space. So an Ad that directs a noob to helping him/her understand what their role is in all this, if he's new would be partially inspirational to them or give positive feedback by including newly produced audio tracks in game. Not trying to confuses anyone, but when i listen to the advertisement in game. Parts of it relate to how either our race/class thinks, works, or discovers.

Having unique advertisements that blend in with a races perception would be most intriguing to me I believe. :)