Who monitors GM behavior?

Who polices the police?

I got jumped on by a GM this morning about a gameplay item and who it was for and it opened all kinds of BS attacks on my gameplay to my age and the GM did nothing to stop the ganging up on until I defended myself, only THEN I was warned to move it to another channel. This BS nepotism is going to drive players away from the game. What is the deal with GMs playing favorites in this game? Who monitors the monitors?

I'm going to presume that you are talking about me here?

Actually I did not specify any individual to keep quiet, I actually asked the whole group to take it to the OoC channel or to a private chat channel.

-----

9):17: 7: 3 [General] RankoPW [GM]: right, take it to OoC please :( or better yet to a private chat channel where you guys can bicker, snipe, and whine all you like... Just not here, thanks.

-----

As you can see, no mention of any individual names, mentioned.

Then 3 minutes later you conv'd me with the below message...

-----

(3):17:10:48 Psio (private): this is BS man, I didnt start any of this crap today and people are jumping me... this is ridiculous

(5):17:10:56 You have left the group

(0):17:10:56 COMPUTER: KasumiPS logged out.

(12):17:10:57 [Market] Picky: wtb L9 heart shield pst

(0):17:11: 9 COMPUTER: KjeroJD logged out.

(0):17:11:11 COMPUTER: Kjero logged out.

(0):17:11:13 COMPUTER: KjeroTT logged out.

(0):17:11:26 COMPUTER: Amixia logged in.

(16):17:11:32 To Psio: that may be, but I've asked the both of you, to take it out the channel, I presume the both of you can resolve it like adults.

-----

At this point my clients CTD'd and I'm even now still trying to get into the game.

If you think that the above was victimisation, then I apoligise as it was not meant in that way.

Either way, to answer your question on who monitors the GMs, Blacklung is the head of the GM team, your welcome to talk to him via the forums or private messaging system, failing that, you can shoot for the head-honcho.... David who is the owner of Net7 Entertainment, the development house who brought back EnB Emulator.

Ranko,

My point is not that you asked for it to be moved to another channel, my point is that you opened the door for people to pile on me and then did nothing to stop it until I started to defend myself. I have the screen shots if you need a memory refresher. This started when I mispoke about who the hellbore was for, your comment then started the piling on from Gaius and Assault. You said nothing after they impuned my character or their comment about my age, you only acted after I defended myself, that's the issue I have.

Either way, to answer your question on who monitors the GMs, Blacklung is the head of the GM team, your welcome to talk to him via the forums or private messaging system, failing that, you can shoot for the head-honcho.... David who is the owner of Net7 Entertainment, the development house who brought back EnB Emulator.

Just to clarify, David is the person we typically look to as general manager of the project, but no one really owns the project. We're run by consensus among the various developers, being David himself, Kyp, Riia, Tienbau, freak, Byakhee, and the lot.

Sorry - I don't mean to butt in, we just wouldn't want the project to be misconstrued as a monarchy. :(

• Upvote 2

Ranko,

My point is not that you asked for it to be moved to another channel, my point is that you opened the door for people to pile on me and then did nothing to stop it until I started to defend myself. I have the screen shots if you need a memory refresher. This started when I mispoke about who the hellbore was for, your comment then started the piling on from Gaius and Assault. You said nothing after they impuned my character or their comment about my age, you only acted after I defended myself, that's the issue I have.

Actually as I have stated before, my comment to take the chat out of General was directed at no SINGLE individual, but to the whole group. Sorry if I specifically did not say 'Could the whole group who is bickering at each other, move to the OoC channel'.

I shall remember next time to do this.

Again, sorry if you feel victimised in those whole affair or you think that I solo'd you out amungst everyone else when I said '9):17: 7: 3 [General] RankoPW [GM]: right, take it to OoC please :( or better yet to a private chat channel where you guys can bicker, snipe, and whine all you like... Just not here, thanks.'

I feel, that everyone involved in the arguement are adults, and should be able to resolve things such as this between themselves, hence the OoC move comment. If you think this was wrong and I should have stepped in and put a stop to what essentially was playful banter, but out of the general topic area of discussion for the channel that I shall do so next time I see a topic/discussion of this nature reveal itself at a later date.

It's not a GMs place to step in and defend you from personal attacks and impuned honor UNLESS the players doing it were violating rules set forth in the Rules of Conduct. To clarify even further with the above about the escalation paths, Blacklung is the head of the GM department, and if you still feel it is not resolved you can request a hearing of a case by the Board of Directors (who are for all intents and purposes, the head of the project as a whole), but keep in mind they can also decline such requests, almost like the supreme court. You would probably have to make an exceptional case to warrant that unless we just happened to be having a meeting and were able to hear the issue..

This BS nepotism is going to drive players away from the game.

How is this nepotism? Are you stating that some relationship exists between Ranko and the other players involved in the chat and that, as a result, they received some preferential treatment?

I think there are several people who have been flamed at one point or another on the chat channels in game. True these conversations should happen in OOC, but usually once they get started, you get a couple dozen people who want to throw in their comments (even if it is "ooh need to grab my popcorn, this is getting good"). If a GM is on, you will more than likely get the "please move this to OOC", which usually starts to temper the conversation. I have been involved in a few of these, you just have to let it go, or ignore the chat for a while.

Or buy a flame suit.