Saoninal's Music for E&B

As some of you may remember, on our old forums, Saoninal had created some music to add to E&B. I have found the music and needed files so others can use them if they wish. To do so, you'll need to do the following:

1. Download the 'patch' here.

2. Under ....EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Data\client create a new folder called Sound

3. Extract the MP3s into this folder

4. Under .....EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Data\client\ini copy the music.ini and overwrite the existing one. Save a copy of the old one in case you want to revert back.

When you play, the new music will be added into your rotation with the default songs.

Also, you'll need to recopy the music.ini after any patch to keep the music in the rotation, as I believe updates will revert it to the default music.ini file.

Edited by Falstar
updated link
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I've downloaded it but haven't patched it into the game. Love drone soundtracks though.

It'd fit with the Jenquai music perfectly. The Terrans'

or the Progen trumpets and snaredrums would be a bit jarring but otherwise still nice.

You compose these yourself? B)

not sure if this is still true or not but when i prev installed this patch back in the day.....you had to basically re install it after each patch or at least some patches to the game would over write them ..you might ask tienbau if there could be an option to add this to the music files in game in the regular patching process or at least see if there is a way to add it as an option on the regular full install with and option to toggle it safe on subsequent updates to the server

not sure if above probs are still an issue but that is what i would do in the future if i am correct

if it as easy fix i'd simply run the particular music thru the EnB Board and if they deem it approprate just add it to the patching process my view anyway

Searing

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I can't take credit for composing anything. I just put it back up here. Also, to the best of my knowledge, Searing is correct with re-patching the ini file. However, I have not had an issue with needing to restore the ini file. At least not yet. Glad to hear positives :)

• 6 months later...
Update - Although I've read through the updates when they are pushed, I haven't seen the music file modified. Either way I finally got around to re-copying over the modified music.ini to keep the music in the game. So, you will have to do it time to time.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
sorry i have been gone for quite a while since i made these songs. been away from music creation. finally back with some free time so im thinking of making another 20 or so songs to add to the playlist.
was it possible to add this to the regular game updates so people dont have to keep pasting in the ini?

edit: have 10 songs completed now. will work on the next 10 songs after i get some sleep Edited by Saoninal2

have all 20 songs done, for a total of 40 songs. only thing is i have to edit the music.ini to add the songs then i will get an updated zip ready. not sure when ill get to it though
is Ghent still around? Edited by Saoninal

Ghent hasn't been on for quite a while. As far as getting music added to the updates, I think last time I asked about it, it seemed the consensus was to have an unnoffical music pack or something. I think the very least we could get the .ini file added, so those with the music can use it (and not re-copy every time),and those who didn't download it won't hear anything different. I'll check on it.

just waiting for ghent to come onto msn so he can help change the INI cause i cant remember what to do for it...as of now i have 48 new songs completed. not including the 20 tracks that are in the current zip fie here on this site.

while we wait to get the main zip file updated you can check out the new songs on our acidplanet page. just check the ones labeled Ambient. those are most of the new songs
[url="http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=207699&T=8656"]http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=207699&T=8656[/url] Edited by Saoninal

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...