Chat font color

Would someone mind typing out what i need to type in to get color change. I keep doing it but nothing happens. What would i need to type if i want all chat colors to be green?

Sure. I know a lot of people type out that line and it took me a while to figure out what the values actually meant. So for all of those who couldn't figure it out before, here it is!

/setcolor (chat you wish to change) (first number 0.0 - 1.0 corresponds to 'red') (second number 0.0 - 1.0 corresponds to 'green') (third number 0.0 - 1.0 corresponds to 'blue')

So think of the decimals as percentages. If you want pure green text for something, type: /setcolor (chat) 0.0 1.0 0.0 which means 0% red, 100% green 0% blue. From there, just play with the numbers to get the color desired.

Sure. I know a lot of people type out that line and it took me a while to figure out what the values actually meant. So for all of those who couldn't figure it out before, here it is!

/setcolor (chat you wish to change) (first number 0.0 - 1.0 corresponds to 'red') (second number 0.0 - 1.0 corresponds to 'green') (third number 0.0 - 1.0 corresponds to 'blue')

So think of the decimals as percentages. If you want pure green text for something, type: /setcolor (chat) 0.0 1.0 0.0 which means 0% red, 100% green 0% blue. From there, just play with the numbers to get the color desired.

Thank you so much. Thats what i needed. The chat is nice now.

Just FYI if you are using integer values there's no need to enter the decimals.

/setcolor <channel_name> 0 1 0

is the same as

/setcolor <channel_name> 0.0 1.0 0.0

• 2 years later...

Im looking for the ini file that the chat font color settings are saved. What I would like to do is use the same settings for all characters without changing any settings. This way whenever a new character is created i simply copy the ini file from an old character to the new replacing all default settings. Could someone tell me where the file is located and an example file name please. Thanks