Jenquai Defender

boefie

Hi i started a JD because i did play a | JD in live also.

But the JD is not that strong as it was in live.

The psionic shield is not strong enough.

Yesterday i was in a group with a JE And what did i see a JE stronger in battle then the JD WHAT the HACK!!!

Please make the JD as strong as it was in live.

greats,

Passiebloem/bonusmama/pluuster/superperzik/Denise...

I agree, Its is not the same at all. Psionic shield is amost worthless. Thinking of switching from beams to projectiles so i can at least hit from longer range. That shield goes down in 3 hits from an equal lvl mob. Finding alot of things not the same as live. Some good others bad. Still will keep playing though.It will aways be my favorite game no matter what. Just have to make ajustments for this version of it.

If you take even a single hit as a JD you are doing it wrong; cloak, get behind mob, fire, cloak, get behind mob, fire, cloak, etc.. you should be able to fire and cloak before any mob has time to turn around and shoot you. I even use a simple macro to fire and cloak with a single keystroke so there is no human lag involved and I never get hit by a mob.

Edited by Evildoer
  • Downvote 1

If you take even a single hit as a JD you are doing it wrong; cloak, get behind mob, fire, cloak, get behind mob, fire, cloak, etc.. you should be able to fire and cloak before any mob has time to turn around and shoot you. I even use a simple macro to fire and cloak with a single keystroke so there is no human lag involved and I never get hit by a mob.

How do you get behind a Mbonae or Osterae? What of mobs that have missiles, since those can be fired backwards?

How do you get behind a Mbonae or Osterae?  What of mobs that have missiles, since those can be fired backwards?

Mabonae or Oserae have also a behind and in front. So for them goes the same, go cloak, wait til its wandering away from you, then decloak and shoot, cloak. They have to turn to face you if they want to shoot at you, same as the other mobs.

If they have Pls or MLs just have a device or other item that give you a bit range. Above 2.5k you should have enough time to cloak before a shoot will hit you. After a full cloak hits don't count. And even it hits you one time, from one hit you don't die.

Cloaked you gain shield recharge if then needed.

That isn't an excuse for a not working PSI shield if so, but a working tactic.

That came from the playing Hexergirl, not from DEV Hexergirl:):)

And not to forget the Fold Space skill to get range between you and the mob. But that means always you give some DPS away, because your beams are mostly faster ready than the mob is in your range again.

greets

Hexergirl

I did notice one thing different with Summon now, vs in Live. In Live the mob you summoned had to be in range not only when you activated the skill, but also through the skill power up phase, if it moved out of range before the skill powered up, the mob didn't get summoned. Now if you summon, the mob cannot avoid being summoned by moving out of range during the power up period.

I did notice one thing different with Summon now, vs in Live. In Live the mob you summoned had to be in range not only when you activated the skill, but also through the skill power up phase, if it moved out of range before the skill powered up, the mob didn't get summoned. Now if you summon, the mob cannot avoid being summoned by moving out of range during the power up period.

My memory of it was that if your summon range was, for example, 5250, you could activate summon, then if the mob moved away past 5250, it was still summoned to you as long as it did not get further away than a certain maximum limit (never checked what the max was, guessing 150% of 5250).

All these replies on how play a JD are bs. It makes me think that all you "EXPERTS" of this version of the game never really played live. I had a JD lvl 101 live and i never had to do the crap you say i have to do. Why because player made weapons were what everbody had. You could even make them "YOURSELF" for your characters. And if i had to do any of that stuff you guys say, it was just for fun only. This games problem from what i'm seeing is elitest who think they know everything. and give bad advice. Ingame chat is full of this. I see new players asking question and the answers are such bs. For JD"S and JE's the problem is this game's psi shield, it sucks and is nothing like what live was. This is something that needs to be fixed. This game has made way to many changes on how it was at live and thats the problem. They have made a game that favor's players that never really played live. They come here and Talk alot of bs. Thats why it has so much lame crap in it that was never there before. The more i play it, the more i see it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'll be honest with you Castagere, your reply makes me think that when you played in live you had everything handed to you for little or no effort by some high level guildie/friend. A JD in live that wanted to hunt at or above parity with his CL had to use some kind of tactics to minimize the number of hits he took. Psi shield was NEVER strong enough to go toe-to-toe with equal or higher CL mobs without several re-applications.

One thing I didn't see mentioned here is the game is a work in progress and is far from done. The Dev's are doing there best, as everything here is being made from memory and what little data that came from themselves and players from live. So, how about some contructive criticism here, I am sure the Dev's will listen.

I just wanted to say that my tactics as a JD are exactly what Hexergirl does. I can pretty easily solo mobs that are 10 CLs above my CL with no to minimum damage, so while I agree Psi shield can seem a little flimsy sometimes, the idea is that you don't get hit. I don't see how this is elitist or anything, just my working strategy for playing a JD. Like previously said, "If you get hit, you're doing it wrong."

As a JD, you are NOT the following:

1) Tank (damage aborbant) You are not a Progen! If you want to play like a PW, go make one.

2) Kiter (to an extent) You can kite, but I'm not saying it's going to work very well most of the time. This is mostly reserved for the Terrans and their missiles

3) Support (you can only apply Psi shield one at a time, fold has limited group usefulness, and most rely on JE for battery since Energy leech doesn't help very much) You should worry about fighting with your super DPS beams and let others take care of the helping.

You ARE the following:

1) A Ninja. Use your stealthy abilities to keep mobs from seeing you.

2) One of the masters of DPS. Go get yourself some high DPS beams. Plasma works the best because of the constant damage even while you're cloaking/cloaked, but you're going to need an energy beam or two depending on the buffs.

3) A lone wolf (Not because people don't want to group with you, but because you can solo almost anything). Tied to being a Ninja, you should be able to solo almost anything you need to with the correct tactics.

So far JD is my most favorite class, so I spend a lot of time on him. I'm no expert, I just do what works. If you think differently about that, I can't change your mind (but I'm sure you're not gonna have too many JD fans on your side :) )

• Upvote 2

Does the Coma device work yet? If so that will help all Jenquai in avoiding return fire. I do also think it's important to keep your sig low so you're harder to see when you're decloaked.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, the strength of the Psionic shield isn't that bad. Sure I would love for it to be stronger.

But I would like to know is, does anyone have data on the activation/engage time from live

for the Psi shield?

IMO, I think that there should be a shorter activation at higher levels, just like with

the Cloak skill and most of the Cloak buffs that come with some items.

"Improved Cloaking (Equip) :: Reduces Cloaking Engage Time by 2.1 seconds (to a minimum of 3 seconds), makes the target harder to detect with See Cloaking, and increases Stealth Strike time when equipped.

Currently it seems the cloak Engage times are quicker at lower levels. Please confirm.

I would rather see the Energy Leech/Drain have the SAME PERCENTAGE taken from the NPC as the Progens Shield Sap.

I Said Percentage, Not amount.

But hey lets make a New line of items with a Psionic Shield buff that will lower the Engage time by 2.1 seconds

and Reduced energy cost by 30%.

But we can't improve on a Game thats already Perfect and balanced in all aspects.:rolleyes:

You heard the saying "What's good for the goose is good for the gander"

At what point do we say "We have to stop making One class stronger and start making them more balanced" ? Are you all really really content with having the game AS IS and with ONLY ONE real Warrior in this game? Why? Vanity? Prestige? Bragging Rights? Because EA and Westwood Made it that way?

This Game can be So Much More than anyone has ever Imagined. Time to think outside the Box.

This is our game now, Lets make it "Better than it was" not "Like it was".

Phorlaug..

Edited by Phorlaug

That would be nice, for the improved Psi shield buff to incorporate a reduction in power up time. I'd apply that to some of the other buffing skills if it's not already.

Psi Shield will be better when you can buff it with equipment that's not in game yet like the Defender's Pride Plasma Laser. The Corona Borealis line of devices also buffs Psi Shield.

The AotW has a fairly beefy psi buff, I think +10k to Max level and something like 5k at the lowest. I gave the one I had to a friend bc I couldn't use it yet at the time, can anyone confirm whether the buff works or not?

Update - a guildie of mine (thanks Tef) gave me an aegis, the psi buff works for sure. Haven't tested the exact resistance increase but it seems about right. It's pretty effective, at least with me using the lvl 5 skill, might not be as noticeable fighting Cl 50+ mobs

Edited by Aiel