Asteroid Nerf question?

it seems to me that there are quite a few fields that are missing from live as well as quite a few fields that are new from live.

this covers both pre and post update from live, when ea added quite a few fields to encourage more mining.

i do not know if this is intentional or just a lack of information.

add guardians, kill the macro-miners. those of us who have actually mined in a hostile area before know it can be done and how to accomplish it using ANY of the mining classes.

those that do not will learn. it's more of a challenge.

there's no reason to curse about this anymore as it's already been stated that it's a temp fix mostly for the devs so they can do what they do. wait for the december update,

then we can start arguing all over again. =)

I think orefields should vary in size and content, as well as danger level. However, if you want me to get a warrior to protect me, the drops have to be worth the warriors time or he's going elsewhere. Especially if he doesn't need Explore XP because he's already high enough to fill it more efficently with spillover. If he's CL50, TL50, and EL 40 or higher, he might be able to use spillover and get the xp he needs faster by doing what he's good at, fighting, especially with a group of warriors, than protecting explorers from guardian mobs. What's in it for the high level warrior to protect an explorer? If the explorer has to come out of pocket for the warrior's ammo, to get him to come along, then there may not be much point to mining, or explorers are going to have to charge more for ores to make up for credits spent paying for protection.

To put a finer point on it - given that the best Warrior exp. that can be had at end game levels is either Cooper/FB or Antares (and if you are a glutton for punishment, the Controller mob spawn area in BBW)...

Put more those 200+ roids fields in Antares, in the FB, and BBW right dispersed widely enough to cover the 30km or so radius of an effective group's shared experience radius.

Niff Cloud (in here and in Live) is actually a decent prototype of what I am thinking of, with the Vindis spawns and Nagifars (though those are typically geared for players in the mid CL30's)

Or simply put better paying uber combat mobs as ore field guardians instead of those lousy manes.

Unless of course, you devs are really in love with those hyper-aggro, energy-resistant Manes crunching on us feeble explorers.

Then you could go the route of setting up a Collegia (Progen Trader) NPC at Arx Spartoi who will accept stacks of Manes Essence in return for various high level weapons and equipment at excruciatingly exorbitant costs.

Maybe like 10 stacks of Manes Essence = Pitbull Jr. or some nice L8 reactor, or some device?

Of course, stacks of Manes essence had some other value to PE's as well. :)

To put a finer point on it - given that the best Warrior exp. that can be had at end game levels is either Cooper/FB or Antares (and if you are a glutton for punishment, the Controller mob spawn area in BBW)...

Put more those 200+ roids fields in Antares, in the FB, and BBW right dispersed widely enough to cover the 30km or so radius of an effective group's shared experience radius.

Niff Cloud (in here and in Live) is actually a decent prototype of what I am thinking of, with the Vindis spawns and Nagifars (though those are typically geared for players in the mid CL30's)

Or simply put better paying uber combat mobs as ore field guardians instead of those lousy manes.

Unless of course, you devs are really in love with those hyper-aggro, energy-resistant Manes crunching on us feeble explorers.

Then you could go the route of setting up a Collegia (Progen Trader) NPC at Arx Spartoi who will accept stacks of Manes Essence in  return for various high level weapons and equipment at excruciatingly exorbitant costs.

Maybe like 10 stacks of Manes Essence = Pitbull Jr. or some nice L8 reactor, or some device?

Of course, stacks of Manes essence had some other value to PE's as well:);)

It's not just bring in these things, we must test all we do. And have tools to have an effective way to do such things. They also must be tested to be sure all is working as it should and so forth(atleast it must work as we test it ).

But you can be sure, we are working hard on things like that and sometimes we would like to open the doors to hell if it would get us more done and faster. But we can't do all at once. And at the last happenings you see, these fixes also take time we have less then for content.

But it will be better, just the time is a big enemy;);)

greets

Hexergirl

I'm mainly a miner/trader (I love mining solo for relaxation), so I guess I'll just check the forums every few days and come back when it's fixed. As it stands right now, not worth my time to even log in.

Edited by Gobblu