Community Advocate Program

Kyp

Community Advocate Election  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you choose as your first Community Advocate?

You may have misunderstood what I was driving at. I was not saying there is a good ol' boy network, I was saying that some hotheads PERCEIVE favortism in things if it don't go exactly their way. No way do I think its dev/player adversarial at all either, in fact they quite often go out of their way to help/explain for 0 pay..just the love of it! But you know there are some in every crowd that will nitpick something to death, or go all ballistic over something they thing they are so sure they are right when they are wrong. If a dev is having to hold their hand and coddle them, or spend excessive time soothing their hurt feelings then it becomes counter productive, when I'm sure they would rather be doing anything else but that.

As to former team members: they may (or may not!) have inside info on storyline or direction of how things are to roll out....it's the PERCEPTION that they know "inside info" by the fan base that is a problem..they will have to go through all types of hoops to ensure everyones trust in their impartiality that they spend all their time doing that instead of the intended jobs. As the OP said (KYP) they intend a player/fan to be a rep to the fan base to get fresh blood and be the conduit for which the players pour their good (and maybe not so good) ideas.

If you ever played the game EVE, you would have seen the big blow outs and out right criminal behaviour (or not so..just was percieved as so) of employees and scandilous players. Every time this happened it was a huge problem and generated hundreds of threads and forum lockdowns. So much so that they had to stop game development to handle the new crisis. While some of the mini crisis' was nothing more than a dev trying to help a fella/gal out, it had huge unintended concequences, and by that time so many were hyper sensitive to previous problems that CCP went into bunker mode and players to flame fest. I figure the Dev of this game learned from that and want to head off and possability of it happening here. Look at the mini crisis here over GM created gear for players that wasn't in content yet..the many pages in that thread and that was just a tiny booboo.

/off soap box :)

Yeah, I'm so glade that I left EVE when all that BS started on the forums and in-game. Politics never work. Pro-politics is not far from Pro-wrestling. :) So Why don't we send all the nominees through a trial in-game or out? Like they do in real tribes, and the last man standing wins the election!

I see the DEV team is confident enough to take the risk of having this program fall apart. There's no fear if their welling to bond with the players through one special person. It's the 3rd step in Darwinism.

I nominate Vonbon! He has the looks & the goods. :lol:

Since Magoo does not have the time to fulfill this position, I know Lannister from in-game and he has a lot of experience to do this job so I will change my nomination to Lannister.

Edited by Grendwal
  • Upvote 1

Given the flood of interest, but the lack of volunteers, I would like to volunteer.

I support Lannisters application.

In guild he is a totally helpful guy, willing to drop his own interest whenever needed.

He also is always willing to help out players who ask in channels (for builds and advice).

Greggary

(Builders Inc)

I also like the idea of a Terran, Jenquai, and a Progen rep so that each side gets equal representation.

LOL ........I thought we were all humans? though some more than others.

Let's try to stick with one and see where it goes.

But... I suggest we have an advocate section added to the self help area, that way he/she need not be on 24/7 there will be a "paper trail" of some if not all of the requests.

Edited by Mimir

Also internal conflicts inside the guild were and are not handled properly.

Guild business is Guild business, its not public business, if you do not like the way that particular guild handles there in house business do not

be with them.

Thanks.

+ for For Lannister. I'd drink a beer with him in real life any day.

So far here is the tally:

Posted Intrest

CptGemini 3

Lannister 9

Havilandtuff 1

Winxp1 1 (Needs a Supporter, self nominated)

Nonimated

Vaden 7

Pax 1

Magoo 10

Buzzstpoint 1

Greensleeves 1

Wizaster 1

Iceminer 1

Chain 1

Vagan 1

Terrell 1

Fuzdom 1

Thanks,

David

Nonimated

Vaden 7

Vagan 1

Vaden = Vagan; Although the poor guy does enough for the community I would not wish this responsibility on him :)

So unless he decides to nominate himself (in which case I would vote for him) I'll pick Lannister out of those 3...

Guys I have been talking to David and the devs I will try and do this for you guys. So I'll talk to Vaden and get him to talk to the dev's they want to talk to the candidates first before they go onto the ballot. Encourage your local candidate to talk to the devs they will have to attend meetings twice a month. So talk to them I'll do what I can. I have already spoken to David and said I would. Good luck to the rest.

But first of all I think there's time for a decission the devs should make:

open the server for all

or

leave it as one for the devs/Gms alone and their buddies.

As one of the new players since str4 some kind of anouncements make no sense otherwise.

1. ECONOMY crashes:

watching my ps which made 135 million since starting this char late september and my little tt (getting 1 million from a player as started and still has left 800k) I think I'am not the one who crashes economy.like me lots of others won't.

But the guys/girls who play since beta maybe get some probs with it.If one can spend 50 millions to a new player( very honest to do that) shows these got billions of and useless. T Everything was pretty easy to get:see fb for 5 peeps, open bbw and so on..

2. ORES: just see asteroid nerf, sorry and anouncement from kenu etc

To make it harder now or cut some things hit the str4 starting players but doesn't change the market-crashing power of the betas and str1-3 players.

Make your decissions ,

tell us player where the things were going to and

Then start an advocate

Thanks

Posted Intrest

CptGemini 3

Lannister 9

Havilandtuff 1

Nonimated

Vaden 7

Pax 1

Magoo 10

Buzzstpoint 1

Greensleeves 1

Wizaster 1

Iceminer 1

Chain 1

Vagan 1

Terrell 1

Fuzdom 1

Thanks,

David

I would very much like to see each nominee make a statement of intention before the vote takes place.

Magoo has shown interest

Now its safe to say Magoo (10) and raring to be part of this program

My vote is for Ice-man...so Iceminer (2)

UmaXX

PS : LOT is absolutely right about the statement of intention....

Edited by Indianajones

Also I would like to speak with everyone that is going on the vote in teamspeak before adding them. Basicly I want to explain what they will be doing and making sure they are ok with that. I do not want to put anyone on the vote thread before they decide 100% they are willing to do it.

Also the statement of intention we can post in a thread where NO ONE can post back. That way it will keep it cleaned up for everyone to read.

Thanks,

David

P.S. I have talked with Magoo

Updated List:

Posted Intrest

Havilandtuff 1

CptGemini 3 (Time issue brought up -not sure if he is still able to do it)

Nonimated

Vaden 8

Pax 1

Buzzstpoint 1

Greensleeves 1

Wizaster 1

Iceminer 2

Chain 1

Vagan 1

Terrell 1

Fuzdom 1

Redbeard 1

Toreva 1

Eligible: (Enough nominations & have accepted the nominations or self nominated. This is not taking into account if they have talked to David or the Devs.

Magoo

Lannister

Wow, it's crap like this out of context that pisses me off... Don't post parts of a conversation and think it tells anything other than you got pissed off, and want to make trouble. I hope these get deleted.