Community Advocate Program

Kyp

Community Advocate Election  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you choose as your first Community Advocate?

Reopened with the poll, 7 days from tonight. The participants may make any statement of intentions that they desire and we ask you all to cast your votes to the one you think would be best for the job.

All,

Just reporting my statement below. If you want more or have questions just let me know.

All,

First apologies for the delay in posting and responding. I was out last week for work, but I am back in now. From catching up on the thread and my private message it looks like I need to take care of three things.

First, Confirming I am still interested and thanking those who have nominated me.

Secondly I need to meet up with the Devs on Team Speak which I will try and do in the next couple of days.

Third, there have been a couple of calls for a "statement of intent". I think that comes in two parts: Qualifications and Intent.

So on that last point here goes.

Qualifications:

1. I meet the criteria specified and believe I have excellent communication skills (spell checker often required).

2. I am an active participant online both in the various chat channels and on the forums.

3. I know the game, both from live and emulator. As you can see from my sig I have multiple toons that run the gambit of game experience.

4. I am on fairly regularly,mostly during the US day but often on evening and weekends.

5. I am an active member of one of the largest guilds

6. I do not do conflict - I try and be helpful but do not have the desire to squander my game play experience on petty things.

Intent: My intent is simply to help improve the E&B community and game play experience. Nothing more, nothing less. We have a great game here and an even greater user community - even better than Live. If it can get better then I would love to have a hand in that where possible.

I would be happy to answer any questions.

Lannister

I don't think I well cast my vote because, it's already a popularity contest as one predicted. I believe 7 day's was on such short notice to be announced and nominated. If there is over 200+ users able to log into the emulator and a large sum of those play every other Sunday. Then I don't believe that those 20 player's not including the GM's, could voice for the other 150 players that play once a week or month. 50 votes for one nominate on a poll, would seem unbalanced and not accurate to the actually 100 - 150 individuals votes. :P

I don't think I well cast my vote because, it's already a popularity contest as one predicted. I believe 7 day's was on such short notice to be announced and nominated. If there is over 200+ users able to log into the emulator and a large sum of those play every other Sunday. Then I don't believe that those 20 player's not including the GM's, could voice for the other 150 players that play once a week or month. 50 votes for one nominate on a poll, would seem unbalanced and not accurate to the actually 100 - 150 individuals votes. :P

I'm only putting the poll up for a week because given the fact that this post is linked to the game launcher, you'll note that more people come to this post than you'd think. Had it only been 7 days, I might agree, but it was considerably longer. If you'll notice the first date of the post was:

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

with that in mind, your argument just went flying out the window. Besides, just because someone logs on once every other week, that doesn't mean they don't check our forums more often than that. Not that I'm saying you should vote, or shouldn't, its your right to choose which you want to do, but don't complain later if you don't vote and don't get what you want. Withholding a vote is no way to "punish" the people who were nominated, nor is it a way to champion any kind of cause. Don't feel bad though, I say this to every voter I run across in real elections who says "I don't like either candidate, I"m just not going to vote."

Congratulations on doing absolutely nothing to either further your cause or prolong/fight the change you don't want.

*shrug*

Your call. :)

I'm only putting the poll up for a week because given the fact that this post is linked to the game launcher, you'll note that more people come to this post than you'd think.

lol I'm not questioning if the link was a valuable solution to inviting players to vote. I never said the idea for devs to have an extra hand was a mistake.

I was just referring to a total of votes, their being only a 8-16% difference. The out come of 3,324 reviews and only 25 votes so far, could only mean the majority of user's might have chosen not to volunteer in this election.

There's nothing wrong with exercising your rights as a citizen of any nation. Independence is freedom. :P

I will vote for the person that spawns GoBB and Controller for me repeatedly :)

Given that they won't have powers in-game of any kind, it'll be hard to make a campaign promise like this. :)

Whoa - exactly why are you making voters apparent? This makes fair voting psychologically impossible. A person's vote can be influenced in this way.

Have to agree with this, elections are best done by secret ballot.

Because we told people on staff not to vote already, sorry. Any staff votes will be taken away from someone to ensure that this is a player-only vote. The elected party is your representative, why are you worried about offending one of them, honestly? I don't understand that. You're not subject to violence or anything, and if someone does come back on you or mistreat you, let me know we'll handle it. *shrug*

Its a choice of evils....show how many votes and how they are trending effects the votes (some because they want the "underdog" others they want to back "the winner") sort of like early poll results in USA effects presidential elections...hanging chads in Florida anyone?

By the same token though, nobody can claim partiality by the powers that be for one candidate or the other (I don't think they would lean one way or other..but fore warned is fore armed..) people can't CLAIM partiality if it's open this way.

In my H.S. yrs. the principal got caught stuffing the ballot box of the student body presidental election...and it wound up ultimately being a co-presidency because they couldn't determine which was fake or not, since there was no names of each student on their ballot form to trace back votes. The principal was a retard actually..because if there are more ballots than students, its a real neon sign that something funny going on :D

When students got bent out of shape and contacted the district managers via their parents...some pointed questions stated getting asked....and the princpal's secretary ultimaly spilled the beans...they didn't have any secret ballot counts after that FOR SURE! They had to have a student delegation present to verify custody of the box and storage after that. And the sadest thing was..they swept the principals actions under the rug and he continued on with his job...I felt as did others that was a glaring example of why he shouldn't be in such a job of trust, entrusted with the lives and education of a generation of our youth and he was willing suppress and lie about a vote to get 1 kid over another becuase he didn't like one of them.

What was that movie with Matthew Brodric and Reese Witherspoon in it? Can't remember the name..but anyway, they should have drummed him out of his job and he got a bee sting in the eye too :)