Community Advocate Program

Kyp

Community Advocate Election  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you choose as your first Community Advocate?

I completed disagree .. that statement magoo saids Speaks Volumes. Remember people this position is for the community not for your own personal gain. Magoos threat could come off like he has an hidden agenda. Someone gets in a disagreement with magoo and his comment is and I qoute "remember whos name is up for community advocate bud"

Point made!

If I'm man enough? Are you seriously calling me out in the yard for a fight?

You are missing the point. This position is someone who will speak for us, and relay to us from the DEVS.

We can't have someone who is first throwing the position around like his Thor's Axe as the chat above clearly shows, second of all, it's odd that most of the drama that goes on, involves him in one way or another. There is a common element to all of it. He very well may be a super nice person, but the maturity level I have seen shows me he "needs" this position as some sort of self vindictation when there are plenty of people in the game that are truely in it just to help others. (Vaden)

I'm not going to sit here and bash the guy with made up crap, all I know is his online behavior is at time unnacceptable as well as telling some people to STFU. That's uncalled for in any circumstance. Even last night when a GM said to take it to another channel, he continued well on for 5 minutes with drama. I don't know why the GM allowed it, but I knew darn well better to say anything else. He apparently did not respect the GMs wishes at that time.

It's a popularity contest to some people, to me I take this position very seriously as a stepping stone to one day going live with this game. I do not for one second want to trust that position to a player who has some serious axes to grind with alot of people and who may use this position as a threat. The chat wasn't taken out of context, it's simply there for all to see, I don't know what other message it sends, than what it does already. We don't need a polarizing figure to be the voice of the players. We need a unifier and someone who can articulate our needs to the Devs.

I think with all the drama and accusations of guild exploits going on, it's simply best to have this position filled the first time with someone who has less baggage in tow. For the good of all the players.

(Questorzarnac, you are right, you weren't there. it started when my guild-mate told me to un-ignore magoo because he was accusing me and Izgud of being the same person and thrashing me in open market. I was done with the dude forever until I found out I was getting bashed by him in Market.)

Edited by Psio

If I'm man enough? Are you seriously calling me out in the yard for a fight?

You are missing the point. This position is someone who will speak for us, and relay to us from the DEVS.

We can't have someone who is first throwing the position around like his Thor's Axe as the chat above clearly shows, second of all, it's odd that most of the drama that goes on, involves him in one way or another. There is a common element to all of it. He very well may be a super nice person, but the maturity level I have seen shows me he "needs" this position as some sort of self vindictation when there are plenty of people in the game that are truely in it just to help others. (Vaden)

I'm not going to sit here and bash the guy with made up crap, all I know is his online behavior is at time unnacceptable as well as telling some people to STFU. That's uncalled for in any circumstance. Even last night when a GM said to take it to another channel, he continued well on for 5 minutes with drama. I don't know why the GM allowed it, but I knew darn well better to say anything else. He apparently did not respect the GMs wishes at that time.

It's a popularity contest to some people, to me I take this position very seriously as a stepping stone to one day going live with this game. I do not for one second want to trust that position to a player who has some serious axes to grind with alot of people and who may use this position as a threat. The chat wasn't taken out of context, it's simply there for all to see, I don't know what other message it sends, than what it does already. We don't need a polarizing figure to be the voice of the players. We need a unifier and someone who can articulate our needs to the Devs.

I think with all the drama and accusations of guild exploits going on, it's simply best to have this position filled the first time with someone who has less baggage in tow. For the good of all the players.

(Questorzarnac, you are right, you weren't there. it started when my guild-mate told me to un-ignore magoo because he was accusing me and Izgud of being the same person and thrashing me in open market. I was done with the dude forever until I found out I was getting bashed by him in Market.)

Ok then you make good points in your post and i apologize for calling you out on this, just looked like you were grinding your own axe by posting this.

No quest it's about us as gamers, getting our views and observations to the DEVS and receiving the same in kind. It's kind of a really cool idea and I'm happy they came up with it. Whoever is chosen hopefully understands they are taking part in building something that hundreds and thousands in the future will enjoy. It shouldn't be taken lightly or taken as a chance of one-upmanship.

Ok then you make good points in your post and i apologize for calling you out on this, just looked like you were grinding your own axe by posting this.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of mud to be slung in the direction of Magoo.

It is probably his own fault for seeking attention all the time on market and other channels and players notice things that are not quite right. For example the stuff late at night Magoo used to get up to with Merlin before Merlin ceased being an active developer. Merlin chain spawning GOBB until Magoo got an item he needed, ditto controller. They attempted to bribe a member of my guild to keep quiet by offering to spawn GOBB for him but he refused to take any part.

I would wish that the CA is someone who will not serve their own interests before players interests.

out of those listed and or have shown interest of their own. at this point, i would be for vaden and Cpt Gemini, as far as the other politics going on in this thread I DONT CARE, im a fan of it, and dont support it if there is an issue that one person has with another deal with it with that person leave others out of it, if that dont work start climbing the ladder of authority until issue is resolved, no need to air any issues in the public domain. this keeps the B.S. to a minimum and allows everyone to continue having a good time. magoo has never done or said anything that has effected me in anyway in or out of the game and therefore i have nothing against magoo. but just from everything i have read in this thread and have heard from other players; IMHO I do not think magoo would make for a good advocate. the advocate needs to be a person who can be and remain nuetral.

I would love to be a com. advocate even though I do not have the time, I was an alpha and beta in live and played until sunset. But with a 40 hour a week job wife 4 kids and the fire dept, and EMS schedules im pretty much tapped out.

I am from a small hick type town and have seen what the little corner secret discussions and taking side and the internal politics can do to a fantastic organization and EnB is no different.

thank you for reading my rant and i look forward to the vote.

STOLI

• Downvote 1

Didn't Kyp post this for the rules.

< just like a standard election (but there will be no vitriol or personal attacks like other standard elections >

Edited by Dakynos
Quote not needed

I would be interested in the position as well if my piers feel I would represent them.

I have played since live, and I love to help more than just people in my guild.

Edited by Alessan

I miss two guys on David's List, so i want nominate these:

Redbeard

and

Toreava

I appreciate the confidence. Thank you. I am of the mind that guild leaders should not be included. I just inherited guild leadership in the last few weeks. I wish to decline any nomination. Let's see some new blood out there who doesn't have personal ties to an "inner" community. I know, in my heart, my guild comes first.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, there is a lot of mud to be slung in the direction of Magoo.

It is probably his own fault for seeking attention all the time on market and other channels and players notice things that are not quite right. For example the stuff late at night Magoo used to get up to with Merlin before Merlin ceased being an active developer. Merlin chain spawning GOBB until Magoo got an item he needed, ditto controller. They attempted to bribe a member of my guild to keep quiet by offering to spawn GOBB for him but he refused to take any part.

I would wish that the CA is someone who will not serve their own interests before players interests.

I'm pretty sure we have all F'd up now and then... too bad a bad moment gets jumped on "screen capped" and posted.

I remember a lot of players coming in and just being total jerks, to the point of getting CTD as soon as they came back in. These individuals are now Devs, and or valuable or welcomed community members.

People who throw stones shouldn’t live in glass houses.

I'd like to thank Gretl for the nomination. I would be honored to serve in this capacity if given the opportunity.

I played in the last few months of beta and was still at it the night the lights went out. I don't know all there is to know about the game, but I do believe I have a good enough set of communication skills to help get things from players to the devs and back again effectively.

Thanks,

Redbeard

Reddbeard, Surette, and a variety of Redbeard variations.

The opportunity for nominations will end at 3:41 pm Eastern time as this will be 7 days to the time when this post began. Just an FYI to all. A bit over an hour remains.

The opportunity for nominations will end at 3:41 pm Eastern time as this will be 7 days to the time when this post began. Just an FYI to all. A bit over an hour remains.

Anyone who has access to Devs or Dev commands should not be running for this post. I will consider myself not represented if this occurs. We do know who these players are.

Anyone who has access to Devs or Dev commands should not be running for this post. I will consider myself not represented if this occurs. We do know who these players are.

Those people would be ineligible in the first place as they would be staff (in regards to dev commands), no player has direct access to a dev command as they are restricted by account type. The person elected will be having access to devs, as that is sort of the point. :unsure:

Temporarily closing the post while I tally everything up from David's last tally post forward.

As it stands at this time, the results are as follows:

Posted Intrest

CptGemini 4

Lannister 9

Havilandtuff 1

Tradermagoo 10

Redbeard 1

Winxp1 1 (Needs a Supporter, self nominated)

---

Nonimated

Pax 1

Buzzstpoint 1

Greensleeves 1

Wizaster 1

Iceminer 3

Chain 1

Terrell 1

Fuzdom 1

Toreava 1 (declined his nomination, withdrawn)

Vaden 10 (declined his nomination, withdrawn)

---

Eligible Individuals per the rules:

Lannister (still needs to speak with us on TS)

Tradermagoo (has already spoken with us)

Once we've spoken to Lannister we will hold the actual vote for 1st term advocate.

Edited by Dakynos
Updated Wiz

---

Guys, I declined the nomination because It would make the game seem like a job to me. If i were to take a position like this,i would lose interest in the game altogether. I enjoy helping you guys by doing builds for ya. I would like to say thank you all for the nominations and support you guys have given me.

Thanks, Vaden

This is definitely a very good idea, and as for people whom have already thrown their hats into the ring, I'll put my support behind Lannister or Magoo. Since they both have enough nominations, guess I'll just decide as of voting time :rolleyes: I'd go for nomination, but drink far too much to be effective haha.

-Gorol

As it stands at this time, the results are as follows:

Posted Intrest

CptGemini 4

Lannister 9

Havilandtuff 1

Tradermagoo 10

Redbeard 1

Winxp1 1 (Needs a Supporter, self nominated)

---

Nonimated

Pax 1

Buzzstpoint 1

Greensleeves 1

Wizaster 1

Iceminer 3

Chain 1

Terrell 1

Fuzdom 1

Toreava 1 (declined his nomination, withdrawn)

---

Eligible Individuals per the rules:

Lannister (still needs to speak with us on TS)

Tradermagoo (has already spoken with us)

Once we've spoken to Lannister we will hold the actual vote for 1st term advocate.

I do appreciate the confidence Stoli has in my leadership ability. Unfortunately, working night shift as a Registered Nurse seriously hampers my gaming time, and I'm not sure I would be able to give this position the attention it deserves. I respectfully decline the nomination, thank you again. If you need anything in game, /t Wizaster. BTW, I would like to interject my opinion on the subject of Magoo... I know for a fact he didn't inhale. So drop it like it's hot, guys. Wiz out.

• Upvote 1

All,

First apologies for the delay in posting and responding. I was out last week for work, but I am back in now. From catching up on the thread and my private message it looks like I need to take care of three things.

First, Confirming I am still interested and thanking those who have nominated me.

Secondly I need to meet up with the Devs on Team Speak which I will try and do in the next couple of days.

Third, there have been a couple of calls for a "statement of intent". I think that comes in two parts: Qualifications and Intent.

So on that last point here goes.

Qualifications:

1. I meet the criteria specified and believe I have excellent communication skills (spell checker often required).

2. I am an active participant online both in the various chat channels and on the forums.

3. I know the game, both from live and emulator. As you can see from my sig I have multiple toons that run the gambit of game experience.

4. I am on fairly regularly,mostly during the US day but often on evening and weekends.

5. I am an active member of one of the largest guilds

6. I do not do conflict - I try and be helpful but do not have the desire to squander my game play experience on petty things.

Intent: My intent is simply to help improve the E&B community and game play experience. Nothing more, nothing less. We have a great game here and an even greater user community - even better than Live. If it can get better then I would love to have a hand in that where possible.

I would be happy to answer any questions.

Lannister