Weapon DPS

Who is hotter Blondie or Ladymagoots  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the hottest toon The Magoo has.

• Blondie
    • Ladymagoots
    • Who cares gimmee another beer.
    • Tradermagoo

Howdy guys and gals, I have been doing a little numbers crunching recently.

I had been wondering which level 9 projectile launcher did the best damage and a few interesting things came up.

I had always thought that the fang was one of the best dps(Damage per second) weapons around..

I am sad to say it's not.. Also the number 1 was no surprise.

For the record my PW ran a archos/fang/brimstone ballista/fotm/reaver/spitter.

Now after running the numbers I use a archos/bile/brimstone/fotm/reaver/spitter.

I would plead with the devs to help the reaver at least make archos dps either by increasing the reload speed or something or a new weapon/device/engine with 40% power conservation.

So without further adieu here is the current ingame weapons list (not counting the 1 or 2 dung cannons about)

If you happen to have a dung cannon or other exotic weapons.

Send me the reload and damage on the ammo and I will update the lists.

This was done in office 2010 I will post a xls and a xlsx.

My methodology:

Was to take the reload time divide it by 60(example 2 second reload) 60 seconds = 30 reloads per minute).

Multiply the ammo damage(example 223 for the reaver @ 200% ammo) to get 6690.

Divide that by 60 for 1 minute and the number is 111.5.

This is the dps the weapon does in base form without add on damage multipliers and stuff.

Simple right and you might say the enbdatabase website was right till you look the devs have screwed with a few of the reloads and ammo damage.

I plan on updating this list and trying to add turbo numbers and damage multipliers to see what works and what doesn't.

Example does the reavers 30% damage really increase your dps.

Does the plagues bite really add 20% more damage/reload speed.. we shall find out.

So please enjoy, comment, argue with me as you like ingame.

I ask you if you want to use this on a website or personal use and republish it please acknowledge who made it.

Okay guys part 2 and part 3 have been added in the new xls/xlsx files please use in good health.

Okay guys my list is done and the winnah is... DING DING the Fury of the Master.. bet you didn't see that coming >;)

lvl 9 pl's dps list complete.xls

lvl 9 pl's dps list complete.xlsx

lvl 9 pl's dps list complete.xls

lvl 9 pl's dps list complete.xlsx

Edited by Tradermagoo
  • Upvote 1

A couple comments...

- Your Prototype Z 9 reload time is different than what's listed at enbdb. I don't have one so I can't verify it, but I do need to ask, is 3.8 at 100% correct?

- The Fang has the projectile force buff on it, but I don't know the actual amount. Is it 3% or 4% added damage? And does it work?

- The Brimstone Ballista really seems to have kinda mediocre dps. Aside from the reactor cap buff and shield renewal (which is really only important if you're solo) why would you use that versus replacing it with another Bile Cannon?

- Your reload numbers seem like they're compiled from the in game screen, but the server side code calculates time out to milliseconds, so there's rounding error in your numbers. Not statistically significant, but something interesting nonetheless.

- Lastly your spreadsheet didn't have any formulas in it, not sure if that was intended, but again figured I'd mention it.

A couple comments...

- Your Prototype Z 9 reload time is different than what's listed at enbdb. I don't have one so I can't verify it, but I do need to ask, is 3.8 at 100% correct?

- The Fang has the projectile force buff on it, but I don't know the actual amount. Is it 3% or 4% added damage? And does it work?

- The Brimstone Ballista really seems to have kinda mediocre dps. Aside from the reactor cap buff and shield renewal (which is really only important if you're solo) why would you use that versus replacing it with another Bile Cannon?

- Your reload numbers seem like they're compiled from the in game screen, but the server side code calculates time out to milliseconds, so there's rounding error in your numbers. Not statistically significant, but something interesting nonetheless.

- Lastly your spreadsheet didn't have any formulas in it, not sure if that was intended, but again figured I'd mention it.

I listed the methodology of how I came about the numbers in the text description here in the forums ( reload time divided by 60 to get rate of fire per minute, multiply the ammo damage, and divide by 60 for dps).

On my next update I'll add the formula on how it was done.

Second I do not have a prototype either and I asked about and 3.8 was the reload I was given if anyone else has a decent % prototype and wants to list the reload rate.. I'll edit my list.

Thirdly this is base damage only, no buffs added.

This is ment to be used to select a dps setup only!!

I added three place % on the xls if you notice without the exact fire rate other then rounded .x I can't be more accurate.

This is as accurate as I can get given the numbers I had to work with.

I will add the buff damage and the % and stuff as I go this is just to get it started.

• Upvote 1

I gotcha.

I was asking about the Fang's buff since it seemed you had already factored in the enhance projectile buff from the Reaver as part of it's dps benefit. On the BB, same reasoning. According to purely dps numbers, you'd be better off dropping the BB and replacing w/ a Bile Cannon.

Not criticizing, just offering feedback that may perhaps point you in a direction to go in terms of filling out the spreadsheet.

I gotcha.

I was asking about the Fang's buff since it seemed you had already factored in the enhance projectile buff from the Reaver as part of it's dps benefit. On the BB, same reasoning. According to purely dps numbers, you'd be better off dropping the BB and replacing w/ a Bile Cannon.

Not criticizing, just offering feedback that may perhaps point you in a direction to go in terms of filling out the spreadsheet.

I know I like the bb for the buffs mainly.

If I was to go straight dps it would be a spitter fotm and 4 biles but it's not always about dps..

Again this was based on reload speed and ammo dps as given for a time period. How fast, how much, and with what.

When I update this next I am going to have 1 weapon and ammo no buffs other then what the weapon provides and I am going to probably shoot 45 voltoi since they are not aggro and they do a consistent amount of damage and fire 1 gun at a time reading the actual damage. I am going to screen shot the actual damage of the weapon unbuffed as much as I can ( again I can't help +200% for lvl 9 weapons unless someone wants to donate 30-50m to pay for a bunch of bio sequence devices).

Stay tuned.

• Upvote 1

The DPS without buffs and skill damage is just like that:

Bile Cannon for Example:

181 damage (235 damage at 200%)

2.1 sec reload (1.3 sec reload at 200%)

= 181 / 2.1 = 86.19 Damage per second at 100%

= 235 / 1.3 = 180.76 Damage per second at 200%

If you shoot at mobs you never get the real DPS without anything added, because of resists and skill damage.

If you want to know the added buffs like enhance and turbo you need the calculation the server does,

because again, the skill damage and resists you will see at the screen.

The DPS without buffs and skill damage is just like that:

Bile Cannon for Example:

181 damage (235 damage at 200%)

2.1 sec reload (1.3 sec reload at 200%)

= 181 / 2.1 = 86.19 Damage per second at 100%

= 235 / 1.3 = 180.76 Damage per second at 200%

If you shoot at mobs you never get the real DPS without anything added, because of resists and skill damage.

If you want to know the added buffs like enhance and turbo you need the calculation the server does,

because again, the skill damage and resists you will see at the screen.

Just so you know this is strictly observed damage this is as unbuffed as I can make it, I also have part 2 and part 3 mostly done I will post the current numbers and a few observations and the formulas and stuff needed to try an undertaking like this. Again I want you guys to know the first part was strictly dps by the numbers now comes the fun part and a few surprises.

Edited by Tradermagoo
  • Upvote 1

You may want to look here 'goo

http://home.swipnet.se/Hubba/

Theres a section there in the item database, which lists projectiles and other weapon types and their damage etc for all the weapons in the game when it was live...

http://home.swipnet.se/Hubba/projectiles.htm

It even shows you DPS etc...

Which is very nice tbh.

Was this done with the black spitter at the old 400+ damage or the new 364 damage?

I tested the spitter pre and post "nerf" the dps observed didn't change. The numbers are identical.

Who cares about PL?

Lets see some Beam DPS numbers!

Sigh. Progen scum.

Git your scumball jd out and start testing you lazy sob.

I do not have a Jenspy high or stupid enough to run lvl 9 pew pews.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

I've been working with Magoo to refine and improve this.

We've used the information you guys have provided and have drastically improved the look and feel of the document.

Just take a look and let us know:

a) if there are any errors (Please supply definitive data to allow us to make corrections)

B) if there is anything we need to add to this to improve it.

Just before anyone asks, we will be adding MLs and beams at a later point. (Either we'll add it to this or create new versions).

Your feed back is useful but please try to be constructive and give us as much data as you can.

Cheers

Really/Magoo.

Earth and Beyond Projectile Weapon Damage Calculator V1.0.xls

Earth and Beyond Projectile Weapon Damage Calculator V1.0.xls

A couple things wrong:

Black Spitter ammo still has pre-nerf ammo values, should be 280/364, Magoo's first spreadsheet, despite listing the pre-nerf ammo values, at the time of his tests their damage had already been nerfed, before there ingame damage listing was updated, so his damage and DPS values were for the weaker ammo.

Buffs are not calculated correctly, as well as not stacking correctly

- Currently you have all buffs stacking together additively and weighted equally, which is not as it is ingame. Gorgon+taniwha doesnt stack, but either does stack with Grav link.

- Reaver and Fang buff dont stack, but either stacks with Sting buff. Also, their bonuses affect base damage, which means they're added to the +200% you get from L9 weapon skill and not a direct 3/14.4/30% increase in dps.

The increased dps from turbo is also not being calculated correctly - I have no clue where you went wrong here.

Prototype returns #DIV/0! in all DPS columns.

Sorry to be so negative.

Some feedback:

- Buff font size way too small to be useful.

- Help text is annoying and gets in the way. Better to have that hint info on a separate sheet or something.

- Having the entire sheet protected is also annoying. Makes it impossible to verify/validate your assumptions.

- Educate me, why is the Sting Octo listed as an additive to the dps? The bonus damage from weapon skill isn't scaled, it's tiered and hard capped as far as I know.

Hi

I'll take a look at the #D1V0 error and get that sorted.

I was given information that shows that the percentage of turbo actually represents the percentage of increased DPS. So, 100% turbo means that in a given amount of time, you'll do 100% more damage. Which in real terms, means your weapons will fire twice as often in that time frame. Hence, 100% turbo means a reduction in your fire rate of 50%. I did originally assume that the percentage of turbo related to the percentage reduction of a weapons reload rate. Clearly, this is not correct as in game, you can get more than 100% turbo...! (If you reduce your reload rate by 100% your reload time would be 0, which would result in all your ammo firing instantaneously. Turbo of over 100 would mean a negative reload time which makes my brain hurt when I try to think about it! lol)

With regard to things stacking, it's simply a matter of only selecting the weapons/buffs that actually work together. The idea of this calculator is to allow users to work out two things, 1) DPS 2) the amount of ammo they're going to use over a given period of time.

What the calculator doesn't do, is limit the user. For example, you can use the calculator to work out the DPS if you have 4% turbo, even though in game, you can't have 4%. It's up to the user only enter details which are correct. If the user wishes to enter 'fictional' information, then they are free to do so.

Perhaps, if my Excel skills were better and I had a full understanding of all the inter-relationships between items/buffs in game then I could tie this down to only allow users to enter valid combinations.

With regard to the 3, 14.4 and 30% bonuses, thanks for letting me know it adds to the base damage, I'll adjust the calculations to account for this.

• Upvote 1

Some feedback:

- Buff font size way too small to be useful.

- Help text is annoying and gets in the way. Better to have that hint info on a separate sheet or something.

- Having the entire sheet protected is also annoying. Makes it impossible to verify/validate your assumptions.

- Educate me, why is the Sting Octo listed as an additive to the dps? The bonus damage from weapon skill isn't scaled, it's tiered and hard capped as far as I know.

OK, I'll address each one in time

- font: overall size can be adjusted simply by pressing ctrl and using your mouse scroll wheel.

- Annoying for some users may well be helpful for others.

- Point taken but as all values are shown, the assumptions should be apparent.

- Sting Oct: I've been given the data as it stands but am happy to make amendments where people have contrary information. Bonus damage from PL skill is set at 200% at the moment as the only weapons included are L9. When we include lower weapons, we'll reduce it. (L8 is 175%, L7 is 150% etc etc)

cheers

Really

A couple things wrong:

Black Spitter ammo still has pre-nerf ammo values, should be 280/364, Magoo's first spreadsheet, despite listing the pre-nerf ammo values, at the time of his tests their damage had already been nerfed, before there ingame damage listing was updated, so his damage and DPS values were for the weaker ammo.

Buffs are not calculated correctly, as well as not stacking correctly

- Currently you have all buffs stacking together additively and weighted equally, which is not as it is ingame. Gorgon+taniwha doesnt stack, but either does stack with Grav link.

- Reaver and Fang buff dont stack, but either stacks with Sting buff. Also, their bonuses affect base damage, which means they're added to the +200% you get from L9 weapon skill and not a direct 3/14.4/30% increase in dps.

The increased dps from turbo is also not being calculated correctly - I have no clue where you went wrong here.

Prototype returns #DIV/0! in all DPS columns.

Sorry to be so negative.

- Black Splitter: Values adjusted in accordance to your information.

- I've amended the calculation to base ammo dmg + (200%+buff increase)

- Amended the layout to improve where the help text appears

- resolved the prototype #DIV/0 issue BUT, as proto's are of a variable quality %, this one will always be dodgy.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Really.

Earth and Beyond Projectile Weapon Damage Calculator V1.1.xls

Earth and Beyond Projectile Weapon Damage Calculator V1.1.xls

- Black Splitter: Values adjusted in accordance to your information.

- I've amended the calculation to base ammo dmg + (200%+buff increase)

- Amended the layout to improve where the help text appears

- resolved the prototype #DIV/0 issue BUT, as proto's are of a variable quality %, this one will always be dodgy.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Really.

All you need is the formula for reload based on percentage. Sent you a VB function you can try in your PM.

In my observations the spitter ammo still gives 494/2 damage not the current 364/2. Unless you can point to me where it's changed my numbers still stand on my original sheet.