Im seriously freaking out...

Psio

I stumbled across this site today.. Are you seriously telling me the best most freaking awesome game ever created can still be played? I'm seriously tearing up here.

I had a maxed out PW, I'm talking seriously pimped PW. I was the only one on my server to ever get the Pirate Proj Wepaon twice, once to break down, once to rebuild with part needed. Anyone remember that bad boy? OMG, I haven't read enough yet so i'm praying that what i have read is true and I can go back to my favorite all time game of all.

Psio

p.s. Would anyone please direct me to the speedy set? I still have my disk, will that work?

Edited by Psio
  • Upvote 1

I have everything downloaded but can't play yet because I don't have an EA membership name it recognizes. I used all my past and tried to set up a new and it fails to connect to the registration server. I'll browse through the forums and see if I'm missing something.

Hmm. I have registered with Net7, it accepts my login and now crashes to desktop. The command box says login accepted, then shuts down..

Edited by Psio

I have everything downloaded but can't play yet because I don't have an EA membership name it recognizes. I used all my past and tried to set up a new and it fails to connect to the registration server. I'll browse through the forums and see if I'm missing something.

Hmm. I have registered with Net7, it accepts my login and now crashes to desktop. The command box says login accepted, then shuts down..

No EA membership needed at all ;)

After the installation a website might open, just click it away.

You create a new - and free - account here.

Look around on the forum for further instructions -- and welcome back :)

Edit:

Remember:

You have to run the installation, the config and the software itself in Admin-mode

Edited by Shuzun

uninstalled everything, went through step by step and still not working. Soon as I log in with my NET7 login on the main screen, I press accept, and it shuts down and returns to desktop. =/

What operating system are you running? When the game client crashes to desktop is the net-7 window still active?

Yes, it is. Here is my step by step. I am running Windows 7

I right click Net7 from my desktop and run as administrator.

I click yes when it advised user account control.

NET 7 Starts and it shows "play" key clickable.

The server showing is play.net-7.org port 443

The E&B Sunrise Galaxy open for stress test shows on the inner screen.

Current version shows 305 in the bottom right screen.

I click play.

c:\net7\bin\net7proxy.exe command box shows along with TOS screen.

Command screen shows log in OK

The EB open screen comes up and requests EA login. I enter my Net7 Name and pass then press accept.

Game closes and command screen stays up for about 5 seconds then closes.

Edited by Psio

Yes, it is. Here is my step by step. I am running Windows 7

Thanks for the extra info. I don't have personal experience with windows 7, but perhaps you can set the game client to use an XP compatibility mode and see if that helps the CTD?

Also if you havent already done this you may want to run the enbconfig.exe in the game client folder to make sure everything is appropriate there. You may also want to try windowed mode.

Let us know if you keep having issues after trying these ;)

If your'e getting the orange handprint and then seeing the galaxy map, followed by a crash chances are you've not run enbconfig in admin mode. EnBConfig being as dated as it is writes its settings to your registry, something that User Account Control (UAC) a.k.a. the annoying little pop up "Are you sure that you're sure that you want to let this program do something?" prevents all changes in system directories, program files, and the registry. (The latter being the key to this ;) )

You can find enbconfig in teh game client's folder under the subdirectory "ebconfig", on a default win7 installation this would be C:\Program Files\EA Games\Earth & Beyond\ebconfig\ or on a 64 bit version of win 7/vista: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Earth & Beyond\ebconfig\

I have run the config in admin mode and still have no success. I do not get the galaxy map you speak of. Immediately after clicking accept, the screen goes black and shuts down the game.

I have tried 16 bit and windowed mode configurations to see if any would take, nothing thus far.

OK! Problem solved. Changed ratio up a notch to higher resolution and it fired up immediately. Sorry I'm such a computer idiot, but hope my problem can help someone down the road.

Glad to hear you got it solved, and welcome back! :D

stay tuned because there will be a lot of exciting stuff happening - we've been through a big overhaul lately to fix operation and connection issues, but now that's becoming better we're back into developing more of the game again.

oooo ooo daddy does that mean we are all getting xmas presents this year ;P