Seeing what group members loot

Jamosite

Forgive me if there is a simple solution but is there a way to remove seeing what other people loot? it comes in just like your group chat and

when you run a mining group it seems kinda annoying.

if there is no simple solution already do you (Devs) think you can find a way to remove or turn it off with a slash command?

~ Jam

• Upvote 1

Instead of removing loot chat info, isn't it better to just make it a different font than group chat? Im sure that can probably be done with simple ini hacking, I haven't looked much into it tho.

That won't help to address the issue that mining groups typically face, that the sheer volume of loot messages - "Doodle has mined 6 units of unobtanium" - scrolling across makes group chat useless. I don't believe anyone is having a problem identifying the source of the message, simply that the value-add of the message isn't there when compared to the deleterious effects of the message quantity.

Heck, even when not grouped it's amazing the backlog of messages that can build. If I'm out mining alone, say in Glenn, and just hammering away at those gas fields I'm generating a LOT of messages. The volume is then exacerbated by the byproduct of having Explore already maxed - as the system then tells me the Explore XP has been converted to Trade/Combat XP. It's common for that backlog of messages to continue scrolling for 10 minutes or more AFTER I've docked. I don't consider this a serious problem, mind you, simply pointing out how easy it is to generate large message volumes.

I think there's more value in combat groups where there may be a need to know who's looted what.

Ever mindful of what can and can't be modified with the Emulator I'm not jumping up and down over this by any means. Had we the ability to use our hindsight coupled with Mr. Peadbody's Wayback Machine I could see where perhaps a "group loot" channel might have existed which would allow group members to enable/disable their viewing.

That won't help to address the issue that mining groups typically face, that the sheer volume of loot messages - "Doodle has mined 6 units of unobtanium" - scrolling across makes group chat useless. I don't believe anyone is having a problem identifying the source of the message, simply that the value-add of the message isn't there when compared to the deleterious effects of the message quantity.

Heck, even when not grouped it's amazing the backlog of messages that can build. If I'm out mining alone, say in Glenn, and just hammering away at those gas fields I'm generating a LOT of messages. The volume is then exacerbated by the byproduct of having Explore already maxed - as the system then tells me the Explore XP has been converted to Trade/Combat XP. It's common for that backlog of messages to continue scrolling for 10 minutes or more AFTER I've docked. I don't consider this a serious problem, mind you, simply pointing out how easy it is to generate large message volumes.

I think there's more value in combat groups where there may be a need to know who's looted what.

Ever mindful of what can and can't be modified with the Emulator I'm not jumping up and down over this by any means. Had we the ability to use our hindsight coupled with Mr. Peadbody's Wayback Machine I could see where perhaps a "group loot" channel might have existed which would allow group members to enable/disable their viewing.

True. How about loot and manufacture info going to the system messages chat-window instead? If possible of course.

True. How about loot and manufacture info going to the system messages chat-window instead? If possible of course.

I think they call it the echo and I can't remember back in Live if there was an option to turn it on & off.

Not trying to be contradicting the topic here. Why not remove or move the amount of log-in & outs system messages? Most times it rapidly bumps all my installed equipment or damage assessments away, because the amount of log in and outs out number that of a single computer log which deals with an event happening to my ship. I could care less who logs-in and out everyday, but sooner or later we can't avoid it for testing purposes right?

I think they call it the echo and I can't remember back in Live if there was an option to turn it on & off.

Not trying to be contradicting the topic here. Why not remove or move the amount of log-in & outs system messages? Most times it rapidly bumps all my installed equipment or damage assessments away, because the amount of log in and outs out number that of a single computer log which deals with an event happening to my ship. I could care less who logs-in and out everyday, but sooner or later we can't avoid it for testing purposes right?

That would be great IMO. IIRC in Live the only time you got <playername> has logged in/out was when that person was on your friends list. If that other player had "only friends can see my connection status" xed then you had to be on his friends list as well to get said message. No real need to see every log in or log out for most players.

As a quick fix if you really hate to see the login/logout spam, in-game you can turn off the (general) messages and you will no longer see these.

Thanks, that doesn't affect the general chat channel right?