Request for beta testers

I hope this stays up long enough to get some interest. It is sort of an advertisement so if it gets deleted I will understand. But it does have a loose connection to the game? <_<

Way off topic, but sort on an EnB topic. Remember when I said I had EnB sort of running on an Android phone? I was accused of everything from Photoshop doctoring to using VNC (no big deal one person said he could do that in 20 min.) Or outright lying to you about what we were doing. We have pretty much given up on modifications to an application “designed” to allow EnB to be played on your phones.

We have this application almost ready for additional beta testing.

This application will allow your Android phone to act as an extended monitor. (Not a mirror driver). This means that your phone will look as if it were a second or third monitor to your Windows OS. This application is very similar to the iPad/iPhone Air Display.

http://avatron.com/apps/air-display/

Means of connection is Wi-Fi (Currently only connection atm)

USB – to be done

3G/4G to be tested – would need to make modifications to your router to allow access from outside your internal network.

What I need is some brave souls willing to play with this application and provide feedback.

OS required:

Windows 7 32 and or 64 or Windows Vista or Windows XP.

We are testing on the Sprint HTC Hero, so any other Android phones will be welcomed.

Let me know if you are interested, If you can test this for us we will let you keep the application after testing, with updates.

P.S. I still think EnB on it using a touch screen on a phone would be fun. Maybe only used for mining or trade runs.

Editing my post. I misread initially. WiFi is the only current method, I was confused when I first read the post. I will change my question.

Will this be usable on a jailbroken iphone in the future or just droid platform?

Edited by optimal

I am somewhat confused. I see that it states for android, is there also a program for iphones? I have an iphone 3gs and would love to be able to use my phone to play the game.

Also, I read that it uses your phone like a 2nd monitor. Does that mean you can't actually run the game from your phone and that you would have to be connected to your home network? Confused cuz it says u want it tested on 3g/4g but that it acts as a monitor only..

Please help me to understand. If there is another post regarding this that I can just read let me know.. ty.

I just need Android phone users, but for you iPhone users a similar application is listed in the link. For $9.99 US a good deal. Our application (for Android) will allow you to launch applications on your PC, possible uses are hazy at the moment. And I had the game using my phone as a monitor. (had a video up now removed)

Edited by Mimir

Will give it a shot on my G1 for ya..

EDIT: I mean i am willing to test it out on my G1 for ya, im not really worried if something screws up on my phone because I do daily backups of all data on my phone anyway with an app called mybackup pro.

Edited by CptGemini

I just need Android phone users, but for you iPhone users a similar application is listed in the link. For $9.99 US a good deal. Our application (for Android) will allow you to launch applications on your PC, possible uses are hazy at the moment. And I had the game using my phone as a monitor. (had a video up now removed)

So with that iphone app you can currently run your pc from your phone via 3g?

So with that iphone app you can currently run your pc from your phone via 3g?

No its like having an extra monitor plugged into your computer. Kind of like this item here: http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/bfa3/ but its on your phones screen.

• 2 weeks later...

It has not been released yet.... Be patient...

Thank you, :)

I have not forgotten any of you who have volunteered to test this for us. We should be ready to release a test sometime early this coming week. I will contact you via PMs.