Afk / Macro miners ... do you hate them?

Jamosite

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate AFK miners?

• Yes... off with their heads.
    • No, it should be Ok to mine while not at your keyboard

In the emu, I don't think I have ever asked for a fee for anything that I have given away. The real value to me is the xp I gained for trading. I never ran a miner or a builder in live, but I would imagine that would be a different story as the economy wasn't as loose as it is here.

• 2 weeks later...

When Earth and Beyond was live you were AFK for 15 minutes. And, had an AFK reponse you were disconnected from EA servers. And, if macro users are using a macro and are getting an AFK message it is an easy fix.

Not sure if that would work since running a macro would prevent an afk flag.

Not sure if that would work since running a macro would prevent an afk flag.

It doid work since I was the one who wrote the script for it when E&B was live. You had to be at the keyboard. Since if you played going AFK needed both mouse movement ad use of the keyboard. Person was using a macro the AFK flag went on and disconnect. Plus we had automatic macro bans since we wrote in scripts which can detect macros.

Only people banned from EnB live was macro and exploiters.

In order not to make manual miners useless there could be certain fields prettymuch impossible for macros to live in.

To make it worth it these non-macro fields would be the only place certain ores appear.

The fields would need to contain mobs that are somewhat better equipped to take care of macros than your average level 48 Manes.