Email Problem

Sig

I have been trying to get a hold of someone through this site but when I click their name to send and email i get an error msg that says

"[#10314] Sorry, you are not permitted to send an email via this board."

Is this something wrong with my account or something I need to get "permission" for?

Thnx

I have been trying to get a hold of someone through this site but when I click their name to send and email i get an error msg that says "[#10314] Sorry, you are not permitted to send an email via this board." Is this something wrong with my account or something I need to get "permission" for?Thnx

You're trying to e-mail someone through the board or you're trying to PM someone?

You're trying to e-mail someone through the board or you're trying to PM someone?

Probably using the e-mail buttons, I think they may all be disabled aside from administrators. Just use the forum PM functions. Go to someone's profile page and there should be a link that says "Send me a message" under their picture in the upper left side. This will enable you to privately message someone on the staff. Members can also opt to disable the e-mail function to everyone else except administrators.

Im trying to email someone through the board because i dont have it myself. He hasnt been on in a long time. i went to his profile page and tried to use the "Click here to email me" link. thats when i get that msg.

Id use the forum PM fctn but that only works if he logs on correct? I want to be able to reach out to his actual email since he hasn't/cannot log in here. Make sense?

Im trying to email someone through the board because i dont have it myself. He hasnt been on in a long time. i went to his profile page and tried to use the "Click here to email me" link. thats when i get that msg.

Id use the forum PM fctn but that only works if he logs on correct? I want to be able to reach out to his actual email since he hasn't/cannot log in here. Make sense?

As long as their notifications are set they will recieve your PM in their email too.

As long as their notifications are set they will recieve your PM in their email too.

Yes, that's correct. As for the e-mail function like I said before each user can choose to disable it. I'd need to know the user name and I could have a look.

Yes, that's correct. As for the e-mail function like I said before each user can choose to disable it. I'd need to know the user name and I could have a look.

ok perfect. I sent him a PM but if you get a chance id appreciate u havin a look to see if he disabled it. His name is Unbreakable.

Thanks guys

My bad, I made a boo-boo when I set up the permissions for the Members user group. You should be able to e-mail now. "New Members" (5 or less posts) will still not have this permission, as an anti-spam measure.