Enb will not launch correctly....

I downloaded the Net 7 update for October today and I am now unable to play EnB. While I was reading the updated content a dialog box came up and promt this program is now longer working or something. Gave me a option to quit program or continue running program. Since I was not done reading I continue to run program. When I click the Play button the dos promt opens and prepares to open EnB. EnB loads and I can see the loading screen for a few seconds before the application is minamized and I am brought back to the dos promt. When I try to click on EnB to bring back up front it appears to go to full screen and then re-minamizes. I have to force quit enb to exit the program. I have tried it several times with the same result.. Please Help.

What version of windows are you using? xp? vista? windows 7? If vista or higher are you running the launcher as an administrator by right clicking the shortcut and choosing that option? Are you drivers and stuff up to date like video and directx, i've had a slightly outdated directx cause issues with some stuff for me before.

I would recommend running the E&BConfig tool and its Performance Test. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the FAQ thread, to which there is a link in my sig.

I would recommend running the E&BConfig tool and its Performance Test. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the FAQ thread, to which there is a link in my sig.

also if it's still int he taskbar and you're running Windows Vista or Seven, try putting the launcher in Windows XP compatibility mode to see if that will make a difference.