Found Unidentified Ancient Artifacts? Space 'Em

Kenu

There is a bug currently where Unidentified Ancient Artifacts are being found at high chances in asteroid fields. These devices are useless at the moment, though they were very powerful during live. Because of the outbreak of these ultra-rare devices we will eventually remove these devices from your inventories and vaults once we make sure they are dropping extremely rarely or not at all. This will happen before players are able to identify them and use them so there is no point hanging on to them now.

Don't waste your vault/inventory space with these useless devices that are going to be removed before they become useful. This is a warning so players don't sacrifice valuable inventory space stockpiling these items thinking they will become useful later. They will be removed and you will have hogged up vault space/inventory space for nothing.

Sorry to break the news, but I'd rather you space them now or at least know it is pointless to hold on to them before they are removed and before you are upset for wasting all that space on them. :)

• Upvote 2

Feel free to do the same with lvl 9 devices gained from roids aswell, now that you have removed them from spawning in roids. I'm talking about raid only lvl 9 device drops gained from prospecting like lets say White Lightning' etc.

Edit: lmao for the bad rep, guessing people with said unobtainable items wants to keep their unfair advantage.

Edited by Archjenquai
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I just want to mention how glad I am to see this post. As other can probably attest to there have been instances in the past where an action similar to this has been taken without warning. I have no problem giving up my 34 UAA now that I know they will be useless in the future. In all honesty, anything you have right now will be useless in the future when the games goes to beta/live, but it is nice to have someone come out and say "Hey, we are doing this"

+1 Kenu

I picked up several of them recently, lvl 8s as I recall. I vendored them at the time and received about 2,500 ea for them. If I understand correctly, they are now worth 0 hence the "space em".

Thank you for your support, never leave your wingman and don't forget to hug your Healer.

I just wonder twice:

First: quite opposite to your message, Pete anounced weeks ago to hold the UAAs because there's a NPC coming to identify them and reading the Net-7 launcher Tienbau anounced the same.

Second: yesterday mining the roids in Glenn I saw Kenuje with Barbiegirli picking the devices from the "candy-store" and after that the server was down and all the devices gone.

Too many devices in and buddies should get them first.

WTF

what's going on?

we'll be removing all the existing AA's in vaults/cargo etc before the ID'ing NPC goes in, so don't worry no-one will have an advantage. It's no loss because none of the AA's have any use at the moment anyway. If you are holding on to a collection the best bet is to trade them in for the credits and XP.

The code to handle the ID'ing is going in now and ought to be active next week. For now, as Kenu said either space them or sell them at a booth (if they are tradable), as they'll all be gone once the ID code goes in. I'm not sure who 'Pete' is so I can't vouch for anything he says.

we'll be removing all the existing AA's in vaults/cargo etc before the ID'ing NPC goes in, so don't worry no-one will have an advantage. It's no loss because none of the AA's have any use at the moment anyway. If you are holding on to a collection the best bet is to trade them in for the credits and XP.

The code to handle the ID'ing is going in now and ought to be active next week. For now, as Kenu said either space them or sell them at a booth (if they are tradable), as they'll all be gone once the ID code goes in. I'm not sure who 'Pete' is so I can't vouch for anything he says.

Assuming they mean my team member, Peteburn. I'll ask him about it. You may as well sell or space them though, since they'll be lost anyway.

I just wonder twice:

First: quite opposite to your message, Pete anounced weeks ago to hold the UAAs because there's a NPC coming to identify them and reading the Net-7 launcher Tienbau anounced the same.

Second: yesterday mining the roids in Glenn I saw Kenuje with Barbiegirli picking the devices from the "candy-store" and after that the server was down and all the devices gone.

WTF

what's going on?

Appearances can be deceiving. If you see one of us out there doing something like that, it's not to give anyone items. We're most likely being shown something that someone suspects to be a bug, keep in mind that if we wanted to give someone something it's a simple matter of a slash command for us. Sometimes this does require testing, these AAs are a good example, they should have a low drop rate (0.05-2% or so to be accurate to live). To determine if it's working as intended we would have to harvest at least 100 to get an accurate spawn percentage that wasn't too small of a sample.

WTF

what's going on?

Barbie started mining in the field I was testing. This field was bugged (but so were many many other fields) so I decided it'd be funny to shoot the "bug exploiter" with a eyeball.

(9):23:28:35 [General] Kenuje [DEV]: oh? a roid explosion? someone's about to get eyeballed

then I chuckled, went back to work and later mined a few devices from the roids I fixed waiting for the server to shut down. I don't even know who barbie is, I thought it was a magoo alt, but that's blondie.

This "candy store" you're talking about had been open for at least a month and had been exploited by many many players.

This "candy store" you're talking about had been open for at least a month and had been exploited by many many players.

I had imagined the free-for-all device fests in Varens Girdle and Glenn were for the purpose of stress testing device recipes in build terminals. It seemed to me a positive step to test whatever solutions Tienbau had come up with and in the end it worked out pretty well. But if the players are exploiters then can't really give any credit for what seemed like a great idea as obviously it was unintended.

I had imagined the free-for-all device fests in Varens Girdle and Glenn were for the purpose of stress testing device recipes in build terminals. It seemed to me a positive step to test whatever solutions Tienbau had come up with and in the end it worked out pretty well. But if the players are exploiters then can't really give any credit for what seemed like a great idea as obviously it was unintended.

There's no looting test that would require percentages anywhere near as high as they were, no player is at fault of anything really. You were just doing what was there, this was something that probably shouldn't have been "tested" in a sector where it would go public when data was pushed to the live server for a patch (this is in reality what happened).

Tests like this occur usually in our test sector, that way there's no way for a player to reach it unless they are part of the beta team or a member of staff.

OK just to be fair. Whens this next update to the play server, that allows ID'ing NPC to take place happen? :rolleyes:

Whens the doomsday of our meddling with the unknown? *plays the doom song* >_< nooo

OK just to be fair. Whens this next update to the play server, that allows ID'ing NPC to take place happen? :rolleyes:

Whens the doomsday of our meddling with the unknown? *plays the doom song* >_< nooo

If we told you that, it wouldn't be much of a surprise now would it? Better to just give hints so you can wonder when it'll happen I think... :D

Starting with mining on the emu I was wondering about the extremly high number of AAs.

To clear a mining field I picked and vendored them.

It seemed to me as a funny hint from the team what maybe is coming. till Pete (Professorpete) joined the np channel and told us to keep them.

I don't have a prob with it if the TEAM decided others.

(a bit a prob with a Hexergirl not knowing the Ah Bahtus from live telling they don't have to be ingame, bc they weren't in in live )

Make me just wonder why putting in after the close up of the device-spawn much more AAs in than before; hard to find any roids without AAs in now.

My opinion is: the closing of the devs-spawn in Glenn hit some players much more:

they're working pretty hard to reach the prospect skill to mine and map them.. and right before they hit it, devices were gone.

By the number of mobs ingame atm nearly impossible.Cuts the fun a bit imao.

To Kenu:

The last two weeks lots of old/new players came back/in to the game, they hadn't the chance to mine there.

And check the enb-folder and read conversation with Barbiegirlie not knowing her......

Barbiegirlie: Shouldn't we better pick them all?

Kenuje: No

who ever Kenuje maybe :-))

Edited by gretl

The devices (not AA) in asteroids thing was a bug. I understand why you guys would be sad that devices are no longer in roids, but it had to go. It got fixed just like any other bug. I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted even though it was unintentional, but don't expect device filled roids to be back. The bug that had devices and other equipment in asteroids definitely hurt our economy. We are better off without them.

(a bit a prob with a Hexergirl not knowing the Ah Bahtus from live telling they don't have to be ingame, bc they weren't in in live )

Sorry that you misunderstood me, they shouldn't be in game identified right now.

I said not they shouldn't be in game.;)) 

My opinion is: the closing of the devs-spawn in Glenn hit some players much more:

they're working pretty hard to reach the prospect skill to mine and map them.. and right before they hit it, devices were gone.

By the number of mobs ingame atm nearly impossible.Cuts the fun a bit imao.

Be sure, next patch you will be surprised, many mobs more to fight:D:)

greets

Hexergirl

I'm not the one who decides what should be done with the AAs already found.

I would think, many found already identified AAs and that`s the problem.

AAs were designed to be rare, but they were found with a much higher chance by a mistake.

greets

Hexergirl

I'm not the one who decides what should be done with the AAs already found.

I would think, many found already identified AAs and that`s the problem.

AAs were designed to be rare, but they were found with a much higher chance by a mistake.

greets

Hexergirl

Hexer is correct, they should have been rare enough so that each time someone picks them up they are bragging rights to everyone else. They are supposed to be exceptionally rare, that's why most of them have such great buffs.