Missing low level mobs

Ummm is there a limited number of mobs that the EMU can support? I know from other threads that there is work in increasing the mobs for RD faction, but did we have to steal the scuttlebug mobs from Saturn to do this?

Which ones Mimir ..There are plenty of 3,4 and 5 around the accelerator to Uranus still.

• Upvote 1

Have you been there this morning? I think I killed about 10, then nothing. And the spawn is now one or 2 at about a 5 min interval.

Yes I went there to look but never killed them to see how long they took to respawn. Will check that out

*Updated* Well they are certainly still there but after killing them all it took 20 mins to start to respawn, so yea bit slow I would say for such low level stuff. I have added this info to my sector review and hopefully a Dev will take a look.

a LOT of the lower level hunting grounds seem to be affected by this. I was camping Freespacer Patrons in Jotunheim (for the L4 Falkirk) this morning and there were WAYYY less of them than I remember from live, and the respawn took about 10-15 minutes.

May be those spawns have been affected by the "distant spawn" bug or feature?

The timer is still the same but instead of spawning at the place they were originally found they spawn 50-100k away and then travel to the place they should have spawned. I have noticed this with Chavez in Glenn and Ragnorak and the Bios in Xipe Totec (although the Bios observation was some time ago and may be different now).

The effect of distant spawning is an apparent net increase in spawn time.

Edited by Lot

a LOT of the lower level hunting grounds seem to be affected by this. I was camping Freespacer Patrons in Jotunheim (for the L4 Falkirk) this morning and there were WAYYY less of them than I remember from live, and the respawn took about 10-15 minutes.

I'm not talking about differences from live; I am saying there is a marked difference from a few weeks ago and now. Saturn / gate to Uranus had been a great place to start leveling up combat and trade. Now it's yet another slow slow grind for new toons. Sorry if I sound pissy, but my lvl 150 toons have been nurfed to tears, and now starting a new toon to test missions is having a hard time finding mobs of any quantity at a level to get combat level.

Any Devs care to wade into this one?

I'm not talking about differences from live; I am saying there is a marked difference from a few weeks ago and now.  Saturn / gate to Uranus had been a great place to start leveling up combat and trade.  Now it's yet another slow slow grind for new toons.  Sorry if I sound pissy, but my lvl 150 toons have been nurfed to tears, and now starting a new toon to test missions is having a hard time finding mobs of any quantity at a level to get combat level.

Any Devs care to wade into this one?

I have increased the mobs at the Uranus Gate a bit and set the timer now to 30 sec. As far as i know there is a default timer if the time to respawn isn't set.

So the default time and the time til they get to their spawn point may have caused the long time to respawn.

Should now respawn faster again after the next update.

greets

Hexergirl

Why are mobs "spawning" away from their anchor position and traveling to their anchor position?

For example - the Chavez spawn that includes Miguel Chavez - The Nagato Maru all seem to spawn way off to the north of the anchor point for the spawn. In fact the spawn is so far north it's way off the edge of the sector where a player cannot travel. Remote spawning and traveling doesn't make much sense to me.

If it's a bug well I suppose it may get fixed.

If it's a new feature then sorry but it sucks and may be it ought to be explained.

It sucks because it makes spawn times longer due to the mobs traveling. A player can camp the path between the spawn and the anchor point and intercept and kill everything. Another player going to the anchor point and waiting for a spawn doesn't know the other player is intercepting the spawn and ends up believing their is no spawn i.e. broken.

If it was to fix "mob warping" well I think I could put up with "mob warping" better than waiting.

I have increased the mobs at the Uranus Gate a bit and set the timer now to 30 sec. As far as i know there is a default timer if the time to respawn isn't set.

So the default time and the time til they get to their spawn point may have caused the long time to respawn.

Should now respawn faster again after the next update.

greets

Hexergirl

Thanks much, that will help.

Why are mobs "spawning" away from their anchor position and traveling to their anchor position?

For example - the Chavez spawn that includes Miguel Chavez - The Nagato Maru all seem to spawn way off to the north of the anchor point for the spawn. In fact the spawn is so far north it's way off the edge of the sector where a player cannot travel. Remote spawning and traveling doesn't make much sense to me.

If it's a new feature then sorry but it sucks and may be it ought to be explained.

It sucks because it makes spawn times longer due to the mobs traveling. A player can camp the path between the spawn and the anchor point and intercept and kill everything. Another player going to the anchor point and waiting for a spawn doesn't know the other player is intercepting the spawn and ends up believing their is no spawn i.e. broken.

If it was to fix "mob warping" well I think I could put up with "mob warping" better than waiting.

I brought this point up already, but i did not get an answer why this is set that way and if this will remain that way.

So sorry, can't tell you more.

greets

Hexergirl

I am going to jump in and make a few points about mobs. Sorry not trying to hijack.

First of all, as always, THANKS for all the hard work!

How about we add a LOT more mobs to the game? I remember it being fairly easy to find something to kill in live, solo or grouped, and there are way less people playing now. I do not know if this is already planned or not but the lack of CL25 and below is sad as it is right now. Maybe there isn't a need to add them during the ST but when this is considered live again there needs to be a lot more stuff to kill. There are hundreds if not thousands of navs and only a handful have mobs at them(again talking about lower lvl stuff).

I do have a suggestion also if having "lots" of mobs all over the place will put too much strain on the server then just script it to where there are 1-3 mobs at 4-6 navs in the sector(not including the "main" combat navs already in place) that when they die, 5 minutes later 10 - 20 mobs spawn instead of 2-3 and keep them on a 5 minute respawn, or whatever time is deemed appropriate for the level. If nobody kills them after 20 minutes they depop and the 1 - 3 spawn comes back or something like that. I do not know how difficult writing this kind of script would be? Either way it is just a suggestion.

Also as far as grouping goes. I haven't gone to a single nav yet(of equal combat level) that I can't solo everything and still have to wait for what seems a long time for stuff to start popping again. Now lets pretend me and 5 of my closest friends wanted to group. I have not found a nav anywhere that a full group couldn't wipe out in probably under a minute or two. Then you would just be sitting there with nothing to kill for 5-10 minutes. This is speculation of course, I havent been in a full group yet =). More definately need to be added, think of the chaos when everything is reset and there is actually competition.

I agree with the stuff spawning off the map and pathing is irritating sometimes, but its also nice at times, you can just sit and they come right to you after you have cleared them all out. People do head out and intercept them occasionally. Next time fly out and see if they want to group =)

Edited by optimal
  • Upvote 1

If someone is looking into this I want to add the following spawn point also. In Glenn, there is a group of Chavez that should be spawning north of nav glenn 6 near some Chavez station (can't remember the name). However, these Chavez actually are spawning about 20k east of the Sirius gate and fly west until they reach the station. Since everyone is on a faction grind kick, you can usually follow a trail of corpse's from the station all the way to the gate. (Sorry if I gave up someone's favorite Chavez camping spot, but this is what I used to get my RD faction to -1987)