Dear EnB Community

Kenu

The EnB Emu development team is wondering, what development do you want for xmas? What do you want us to develop as an xmas gift to you?

Rules:

1. no instant gratification requests ("I want an archos! or 100mil credits!")

2. no asking for sectors that don't fit in the storyline yet (Der Todesengel, Ardus, Maelstroms)

The EnB Emu development team is wondering, what development do you want for xmas? What do you want us to develop as an xmas gift to you?

Rules:

1. no instant gratification requests ("I want an archos! or 100mil credits!")

2. no asking for sectors that don't fit in the storyline yet (Der Todesengel, Ardus, Maelstroms)

CL66 Evil Santa (a la Futurama), randomly roams around all sectors (except for newbie starter zones) on a RANDOM respawn timer and location. i.e., non-campable. Don't care what he drops as long as it's fun. Candy canes to give to NPCs for faction, sexy Mrs. Santa dolls, whatever your imagination can come up with.

=)

• Upvote 1

Ok how about-

+1 Evil Santa - With Really unusual drops, that disappear on New Years Day.

1. Free use of ship and character terminals for the day.

2. Drop item/mission that gives 250 rd faction maximum of 4 per character(+1000) , a little rd incentive !!!

3. Random jump gate , could send you anywhere.

4. Gate access to the hidden sectors(The ones that don't have gates but can be /wormholed into) just so people can poke about for a bit.

Just some thoughts

Alk

• Downvote 1

Some kind of Santa Claus mission. Something for all the classes not just the ones that excel in combat. Christmas loot on regular mobs might be nice too, or the above idea of being able to turn some stuff in for XP or faction rewards.

I love the idea with the RD faction, maybe some special mission that would reward some amount or a series of missions that would award some amount and the NPC that would give them would be some kind of santa.

• Upvote 1

I vote for adding a mission to give 3-5 skill points, make sure its not repeatable but make sure it stays around for a

few days (some people go away for the holidays)

as far as items, would be nice to see (tradeable) specialty items for the JS / PP / TS

last but not least

snow ball chucker!

• Upvote 1

snow ball chucker!

I think a lot of people missed the Pumpkin Chunker at halloween so I vote for this. With maybe the addition of a prize for whoever snowballs the most amount of different players . 10 Hits needed per player to count as a score, so we have a chance to run and avoid being "tagged".

This is what I would like for EnB for Christmas:

1. Fish Bowl raids as in days of old, or as close as possible. Fishing pole, bait… you get the drill.

2. Ammo comps from Mobs (Ten-gu) be changed back to dropping in cooper so that my high level toons may use their weapons again. Could be only a Christmas special. We could at least stock up.

3. Manes higher than level 2 drop something other than level 2 loot.

4. Some way to better communicate nerfs and why? Possibly a bi-weekly post from the dev that is making the change and why. This may help the other devs from getting blindsided on these changes as well. Example: Sun Tzu mission #2 for +2K RD faction gone…poof no one knows why.

5. Race specific Santa, at different locations (possibly at ea. race starting sector) was a terrible Lag fest as I remember.

• Upvote 1

Dear Father Kenu,

I've been a very good boy all year and dilligently helped test as much as I possibly could for you and all the other Dev's over ST3 & ST4.

As a special christmas development present for me and all the other good little boys and girls in E&B land would you please, please, please sort out the job terminals so that all the combat and trade jobs give faction and none of the jobs send us to closed sectors anymore?

Oh, and more jobs that give lots of RD faction would be nice too. Some of us are good little boys and girls that want to hug the poor Chavez people with our Hugs'n'Snugs teddies not gun toting maniacs that want to replace their faces with big bullet/missile shaped holes.

Thank you very much Father Kenu and a very merry christmas to you and all your dev's in server land.

Yours,

Jerioca

Well since we can't have instant gratification requests:

-How about a Double XP week/month? That isn't instant but definately gratifying.

-Some RD faction improvement sounds good

-I like the free access to ship mod terminals idea

-More mobs, all CL's. Faster respawn on current locations if adding more isn't an option

-Wormhole skill for all? =)

Edited by optimal

I am mindful of a simple reminder that it is indeed Christmas and for that do not need mobs dropping phat loot or presents. The graphic for Santa and his sleigh being pulled by reindeer from the old live event setup as a static or moving attraction outside F7 in Glenn would be kinda cool. May be an elve NPC to chat to on F7 as well.

F7 would be the best place for it being the center of the universe. :)

Edit: Perhaps the Elves could give away a Most Valuable X-Mas Present (Level IX) (saw it in the database) to each player that chats with them. It'd be like a keepsake that doesn't turn into anything like an item. Or perhaps a modified version of this item specific for 2010.

Edited by Lot

As a special christmas development present for me and all the other good little boys and girls in E&B land would you please, please, please sort out the job terminals so that all the combat and trade jobs give faction and none of the jobs send us to closed sectors anymore?

I think I could help with this.

Me, I'd like to see proper raids (and thus a way to obtain an 1M1HSW3LL).

The introduction of new item line for the new classes given by

Old-Nick or Hardrock, Coco and Joe. :huh: Each one of them have a different Componant for same.

Trade able and Manufacture able..

AND/OR

1 New device use able for ALL classes

Level appropriate

Skill Energy Conservation.

1 New Engine use able for All classes

Level appropriate

Device Energy Conservation.

OR

MORDANA

AND/OR

In the new sectors.

New Level 55-60, Terran, Jenquai and Progen with the Race and Class AI

NPC to Hunt and kill, with the appropriate Faction, Plus and Minus

Mid and High Level Content needed.

No Loooonnngg, mission chain to get any Old Nick Present.

Phorlaug..

If possible, Decorations and X-mas music on stations would be nice :)

Or maybe something like the Abominations that were used on Halloween in Live. Place them on different spots, according to level, so anyone can kill them and get good to great loot. Could use the Pumpkin-models for this?

How about "gifts" that randomly drop off mobs and asteroids that can be turned in for Red Dragon faction? The turn in can be tiered (25, 50, 75, 100, etc.) and each tier you gain xp plus a skill point or a random nice item. I don't know if such a thing can be implemented in the time frame but it would open the field for all players to enjoy the event and keep from targeting a single mob type.