Combat Jobs

r8rsfans75

I haven't done combat jobs in a long time, mostly because they are not combat jobs. They are explore/combat jobs. One thing I have never understood is why you should have to warp just as far to complete a combat job as you do to complete an explore job. Isn't the difficulty of completing a combat job supposed to be the lvl of the mob you have to take down? Why wouldn't you just spawn that mob in the same sector as where you picked up the job?

Let me put it like this. Say you lived in a city that was 100 square blocks that is broken up in to 10 different neighborhoods. You live on the east side of the city, but the city dump is on the west side of the city. So a job is offered in your neighborhood to take garbage from your neighborhood to the other side of city to dispose. This job pays x amount of money. There is another neighborhood closer to the middle of the city that offers a similar job but only pays about 80% of that because they are much closer and it doesn't take as much effort. Those are your explore jobs and that is how that works now in the game which makes sense.

However for combat jobs, in your neighborhood, you are offered a job to take out bullies that are causing problems 2 or 3 neighborhoods away. And the higher paying jobs are bullies farther away from your neighborhood. Does not make sense. Why would jobs to take out mobs in VT be offered in Somerled? Shouldn't they be offered in Aragoth Station?

Makes sense to me.. Make the mob hard, and harder still the more xp it gives. Jumping one sector for a job shouldn't upset anyone, regardless of the job. But ya I agree a combat job shouldn't take you 10 minutes to get to the mob(if that is the case currently? Haven't taken many combat jobs, and no high lvl ones)

The more the job relates to the type of job it is, the more enjoyable it will be to do those jobs IMO.

The long trips for combat jobs are why I don't bother with them. It starts being less and less time efficient the further you need to go.

I think part of the issue is that combat jobs aren't available on all stations the way they were in live. On a side note though, a little more variety on the mobs killed would be nice. Killing mane after mane loses it's interest after a certain amount of time.

I think part of the issue is that combat jobs aren't available on all stations the way they were in live. On a side note though, a little more variety on the mobs killed would be nice. Killing mane after mane loses it's interest after a certain amount of time.

Not to mention if you're an ammo user, you're probably spending more on the ammo you shot the Manes with, than the 1 or 2 manes essences it drops give you for vendoring them.

oh ok so the combat job should spawn a lot closer to where you're picking up the job eh?

that's not a problem.

How are people finding the new combat job mob system? There should be a lot less 'corpse grinder for RobzombiPP's floating around.

oh ok so the combat job should spawn a lot closer to where you're picking up the job eh?

that's not a problem.

How are people finding the new combat job mob system? There should be a lot less 'corpse grinder for RobzombiPP's floating around.

TB, while you're looking at jobs, any chance you could review the ones that are available to the L150 job terminal at Prasad Station? Half the time, the combat and trade jobs send you to DT which isn't open to players right now.

On the explore ones, there's a number that go to Margesi (Loch Kaele and Ruined Small Moon) which are problematic. Loch Kaele only allows you to warp to 20km of it, then you need to impulse the rest of the way to actually complete the job. Ruined Small Moon doesn't seem to show in the zone at all as a nav, so these are impossible to complete.

Thanks much

TB, while you're looking at jobs, any chance you could review the ones that are available to the L150 job terminal at Prasad Station?  Half the time, the combat and trade jobs send you to DT which isn't open to players right now.

On the explore ones, there's a number that go to Margesi (Loch Kaele and Ruined Small Moon) which are problematic.  Loch Kaele only allows you to warp to 20km of it, then you need to impulse the rest of the way to actually complete the job.  Ruined Small Moon doesn't seem to show in the zone at all as a nav, so these are impossible to complete.

Thanks much

The range from moons will be fixed in the quality checks now, i'm sure. So they shouldn't be a problem then.

greets

Hexergirl

I know the lvl50's in Charon Cloister some jobs had you go to Ceres. :huh:

I think that was an oversight on my part when building the distance plot. I omitted all the "isolated" sectors and all the profession-restricted sectors, but there is a non-functional gate to Ceres in Venus.

I just wanted to point out that some suggestions do get implemented in this game. It is much better trying to grind out these last few levels to 150 now that I have only one jump from F7 or Prasad to complete the combat jobs.