Faction status

Thanks for the update! ;)

I for one am glad you folks haven't let the small stuff slip thru the cracks. I have a TW thats using Chavez to level with the added benefit of faction boosts which serves to lessen the grind a bit.

As a side note: The two missions from Tsu in OMP were very helpful to my earlier grinds. Are there plans to reinstate them? I had heard he wasn't giving both anymore, especially the larger gain of the two.

Allow me to put in a suggestion about the current practice of killing your own/friendly factions for RD faction. Right now the situation is all metagamey - people are killing their own faction and using jobs to bring it back up quickly, which isn't realistic at all.

To me, if you're doing something like that to gain faction for RD gate access, that practice should very quickly cost you station/gate access and aggro status with the faction you're killing. It should take very few own/friendly faction kills to bar you from stations, not many more to gain aggro status, a few more to being denied gate access, and a lot of jobs to reverse those conditions.

Just wanted to throw that in for consideration.

W.

Allow me to put in a suggestion about the current practice of killing your own/friendly factions for RD faction. Right now the situation is all metagamey - people are killing their own faction and using jobs to bring it back up quickly, which isn't realistic at all.

To me, if you're doing something like that to gain faction for RD gate access, that practice should very quickly cost you station/gate access and aggro status with the faction you're killing. It should take very few own/friendly faction kills to bar you from stations, not many more to gain aggro status, a few more to being denied gate access, and a lot of jobs to reverse those conditions.

Just wanted to throw that in for consideration.

W.

Then it should take just as few kills to gain faction with the pirates. Gaining pirate faction isnt realistic either, the first time you take such an action you would automatically become a pirate, fellow pirates may not welcome you with open arms, but they'll no longer see you as a threat to there way of life either.

In live it took plenty of kills to raise your RD faction, even more if you wanted to raise it through killing the Chavez. For RD faction, in Live you lost 3 points of faction with whomever you killed, for every point of RD gained, whether you were killing your own kind or killing Progen after the faction chart came out. Chavez in Live were unfactioned, but since they and the RD were enemies (sometimes they would fight in Odin's Belt) you would get 1 point of RD faction for every 2 Chavez you killed.

Having missions, turn ins etc actually makes more sense to me than killing your own kind. Doing the pirates favors on the sly, provided you don't get caught, allows the pirates to have eyes and ears on the other side of the law, not just the side they're on.

All,

I am happy to push for changes to faction - and I understand the pain of the faction grind, but it needs to be a challange. A single mission, even a CF style mission, would not IMHO be enough.

Perhaps more RD faction mini missions to lessen the load as someone else suggested would be an option, but like the existing missions they would probably need to be limited in both when youc an take them (i.e. a minimum faction) and their reward (i.e. 500pt cap).

Lets also not forget Der Todd and the rumors of a Chavez factioned sector off the gate in Paramis.

Or am I incorrect/off target in thinking that faction needs to be a reail pain and that, at best, we will be replcing one sort of grind for another?

I'd like to see more decisions players have to make. It shouldn't be as simple to gain/lose faction on a whim. Make players choose what path they want to walk. Siding with the RD would mean something as you would lose something in another area of the game, not going RD takes some things away (Controller, GoBB, Easy Travel). I prefer a game where decisions you make have atleast a small impact on the game. Currently choosing to go RD just means you lose a few hours of gametime working on factions, after that you have the best of both worlds.

Shouldn't be that way, atleast not in my opinion.

All,

I am happy to push for changes to faction - and I understand the pain of the faction grind, but it needs to be a challange. A single mission, even a CF style mission, would not IMHO be enough.

Perhaps more RD faction mini missions to lessen the load as someone else suggested would be an option, but like the existing missions they would probably need to be limited in both when youc an take them (i.e. a minimum faction) and their reward (i.e. 500pt cap).

Lets also not forget Der Todd and the rumors of a Chavez factioned sector off the gate in Paramis.

Or am I incorrect/off target in thinking that faction needs to be a reail pain and that, at best, we will be replcing one sort of grind for another?

Shouldn't be easy, but there should be options as to how you raise RD. Not just grinding thousands of trash mobs.

Since Chavez and RD are enemies, killing Chavez, who are also outlaws, should not hurt you with the major 9 factions. Now if the Chavez ultimately have their own sector, that would be penalizing to go with one or the other; however, if they don't get anything it's not much of a penalty. If the storyline is ultimately like live w/r/t the V'rix, killing V'rix raised RD faction. Again, killing V'rix should not hurt you with the 9 original factions, given that all human factions, except for the Mordana, consider the V'rix to be enemies. Killing enough V'rix will eventually get you into BBW, even if you had no intention of allying with the RDs. I'm not so sure that having good RD faction, depending on how you get it, should necessarily make you hostile to your own faction.

• 9 months later...
[quote name='Sneakypw' timestamp='1321238884' post='48481']
I think the rd faction should take some time to get into the green. My pw did it in 4 hrs and my tt did it in 3 hrs.
[/quote]

Dang, I must be missing something, I have been working on it off and on for a couple months now.

I've seen shield inversion make quick work of it. I'm not sure of any other quick way, it took a good while on my jd. I'm waiting till my pp gets area SI to mess with that and who knows about my je.. in any case, SI notwithstanding, killing ones around your level as you go seems to take some sting out of it. Pity Chavez loot is mostly terrible though. If the aforementioned turn in is around it'd be awesome to find it.

Overall, I feel like it should take a lot of effort, but maybe be a bit more rewarding. Perhaps another cool gizmo or 2 along the lines of NOS :lol:

Definitely agree on the more rewarding part. Perhaps at QAR and Paramis Station they could have more NPCs that gave mission with good rewards for doing them. Some missions geared towards warriors, some geared towards traders, and some geared towards explorers. Missions that are pretty much geared just to warriors, leaves 2/3 of the classes trying to do something they really weren't designed for.