Atrophy Novem (Level IX)

Atrophy Novem (Level IX) is something I just reciently looted and mapped, I remember this from live ( I used to fly a PE from beta on )

there is a debuff added that was not on this item and should be removed

"Projectile Friction (Equip)"

I did some research to make sure I was right and I will post our Database and one i found from the live era.

Ours

net 7 Databse

Live Era

earth and beyond item database

Not all lev 9 items had de-buffs

The type of de-buff added seems to render it useless for what it was intended for.

Thanks.

Read the description under the general tab on the live era database:

Sparta! When the Call comes, be ready.

When activated on a targeted enemy, this item causes a reduction to target's Beam Weapon skill.

When equipped this item causes a small increase to your projectile weapon energy cost, but gives an increase to your projectile weapon range and a reduction to your projectile weapon delay time.

It's supposed to have that negative buff.

Related issue: Manticore's Dread Torment L9 needs its Scan Blind (Activated) changed to Scan Blind (Equipped).

Unfortunately it can depend a lot on where items are researched if you look here and find the Atrophy Novem in this list it shows a debuff as we have now in game. However its pretty tough to determine whether an item has been altered unless any reference can be found in old patch notes or even screenshots.

I don't get why level IX devices have to have a negative buff. For this reason I keep my JD at devices 8 because non of the level 9s are worth the draw backs for such a slight increase in power.

I don't get why level IX devices have to have a negative buff. For this reason I keep my JD at devices 8 because non of the level 9s are worth the draw backs for such a slight increase in power.

I don't think that none of the L9 devices are worth the use, but I do wish that they didn't have debuffs on them. There was a nice one called the Mind Shielding Beam Focus, that Santa gave me in Live that my JW used and liked plenty. (was a V'rix device) It didn't have any debuffs on it.

Negative buff on level 9 devices was put there for same reason level 5/6s got a negative buff -- price for an extra positive buff added to the devices. I think on Atrophy Novem that projectile energy friction was only like +10% cost so not too bad -- my sentinel used one in live, was still fun despite the negative buff.

Read the description under the general tab on the live era database:

Sparta! When the Call comes, be ready.

When activated on a targeted enemy, this item causes a reduction to target's Beam Weapon skill.

When equipped this item causes a small increase to your projectile weapon energy cost, but gives an increase to your projectile weapon range and a reduction to your projectile weapon delay time.

It's supposed to have that negative buff.

Related issue: Manticore's Dread Torment L9 needs its Scan Blind (Activated) changed to Scan Blind (Equipped).

Hi

Here is a screenshot from Live. I went with buffs and not the discription for the Manticore's Dread Torment and the added the debuff on the Atrophy Novem based on the discription.

Riia

post-241-068050000 1289521154_thumb.gif

post-241-068050000 1289521154_thumb.gif

• Upvote 1

Hi

Here is a screenshot from Live. I went with buffs and not the discription for the Manticore's Dread Torment and the added the debuff on the Atrophy Novem based on the discription.

Riia

The Manticore's Dread Torment looks like a really nice device. Unfortunately it's Trader Only, and none of the traders can use L9 devices.

The Manticore's Dread Torment looks like a really nice device. Unfortunately it's Trader Only, and none of the traders can use L9 devices.

I remember that one of the patches during live removed a lot of items that where not usable by anyone, unfortunately I don't think the ones removed where ever listed anywhere, although logically one would assume that the Manticore's Dread Torment would have certainly have met that criteria and would have been removed during live.

I remember that one of the patches during live removed a lot of items that where not usable by anyone, unfortunately I don't think the ones removed where ever listed anywhere, although logically one would assume that the Manticore's Dread Torment would have certainly have met that criteria and would have been removed during live.

I would agree, now we have nine classes, perhaps 1 of those 3 traders could get L9 devices, and have the device in game.

I would agree, now we have nine classes, perhaps 1 of those 3 traders could get L9 devices, and have the device in game.

I recommend that honour go to the Jenquai Seeker (Trader class), since Jenquai as a race are otherwise very device-heavy as a racial trait?

I recommend that honour go to the Jenquai Seeker (Trader class), since Jenquai as a race are otherwise very device-heavy as a racial trait?

Yeah that makes the most sense to me. Not to mention the Seeker gets the most benefit of the device since she's more likely to be using energy beams than the TT or PT outside of early training.

Agreed on the description but it was never added to the device so why add it in?

I do not have a Pe to test it but i hear from guild mates that the type added makes it a useless device

I just thought i'd post about it due to the fact I recently mapped it

But point well taken on all ends.

Agreed on the description but it was never added to the device so why add it in?

I do not have a Pe to test it but i hear from guild mates that the type added makes it a useless device

I just thought i'd post about it due to the fact I recently mapped it

But point well taken on all ends.

It's not the projectile energy debuff that makes it useless; it's the fact that the range buff doesn't increase with quality as it should. (I've heard that a 200% in Live accorded a range buff of about 70%.)

Edit:

I did a search, and found this page: http://home.swipnet.se/Hubba/devices.htm. Apparently a 200% Atrophy Novem had +61% projectile range, as did the Basilisk. No self-debuff is listed there, but most other level 9 Sparta devices had a self-debuff, so it may have been an oversight. The energy cost on almost all devices was reduced with improved quality as well, which doesn't seem to be the case presently.

It seems like the Manticore device's activated scan debuff was another oversight; the level 5 and 6 have it as a self-debuff, and all other BlackSun devices have the same self-debuffs at level 5, 6, and 9.

Edited by Vinzent Zeppelin

In Live didn't increasing quality also decrease equip debuffs on all equipment, as well as decrease energy use on items that were activatable? In addition to increasing the strength of equipped buffs, and activated debuffs?