Landing on Earth

Something I would like to see is landing on Earth. Ever since I played during beta, I always wanted to see players land on earth. maybe can make it a new sector. like have it where there are some places to hunt, maybe even a boss there for groups , but make the boss pasive, so that way we can only be attacked if we attack.

also wpuld like to see some guild bases, that way we could morph there or wormhole there...

Earth would be... difficult to say the least. Someone would have to model all new terrain to account for Earth's surface and then establish an entirely new planetary sector. Then they'd have to populate it with navs, station(s), mobs and prospectibles, then somehow ensure that everything's balanced.

Given how little the devs can actually modify the client at the moment for various reasons, I don't think we'll see this any time soon. It would be a lovely idea though.

I vaguely remember a conversation with one of the original GM's in Live who said they had discussed it and they didn't want to attempt to create a post-apocalyptic Earth planetary setting so they just adjusted the storyline to make it so that Earth was considered un-inhabitable.

• 4 weeks later...

I vaguely remember a conversation with one of the original GM's in Live who said they had discussed it and they didn't want to attempt to create a post-apocalyptic Earth planetary setting so they just adjusted the storyline to make it so that Earth was considered un-inhabitable.

No, Earth was a huge mega city. It would look out of proportion with the rest of the landable planets. And, never was "Post-Apocalyptic". We colonized planets so it would have been 1 base on a planet. It was to keep game balance. To do that it would be 1-1-1 Jenquai/Terran/Progan

Anarchy Online, Earth is Post-Apocalyptic and Unihabitable which is why you cannot start on Earth, nor go to Earth. And, GM's said that at the same time Earth and Beyond came out.

Earth would be... difficult to say the least. Someone would have to model all new terrain to account for Earth's surface and then establish an entirely new planetary sector. Then they'd have to populate it with navs, station(s), mobs and prospectibles, then somehow ensure that everything's balanced.

Well, I love to model, texture, make detailed environments to render or use in real-time engines etc. Been doing it for many years. No not so easy here with the EnB, but one of the content devs here said some time ago they were making progress with it well enough. Haven't looked into it myself for EnB. Doesn't really need lots of nav points and such. There are already some Earth looking areas in this game. Just need a reference image to get the ball rolling:

:(

image010.jpg

Earth was the subject of an orbital strike if i'm not mistaken, I have to go check it out by Artemis Jericho of the very early Progen republic tried to teach Earth a lesson I believe. So it would certainly look a bit less pristine than Starfleet, San Fransisco :(

Earth was the subject of an orbital strike if i'm not mistaken, I have to go check it out by Artemis Jericho of the very early Progen republic tried to teach Earth a lesson I believe. So it would certainly look a bit less pristine than Starfleet, San Fransisco ;)

We should retaliate at once :(

Long live the Terran Empire!

te.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I love to model, texture, make detailed environments to render or use in real-time engines etc. Been doing it for many years. No not so easy here with the EnB, but one of the content devs here said some time ago they were making progress with it well enough. Haven't looked into it myself for EnB. Doesn't really need lots of nav points and such. There are already some Earth looking areas in this game. Just need a reference image to get the ball rolling:

:)

No no no Earth would look more like a Mega-City from Judge Dredd with the Cursed Earth on the Outside of the walls of each Mega-City. Since all of us at Electronic Arts back at the time believed Global Warming would cause governments to create walled in cities. We just did not want it to be landed on since there was already a space station hovering over Earth which kept game in balance.