More manufacturable items in Hulks

sirmorte

I have been mining hundreds of Lev 5-9 hulks. I have NEVER, EVER gotten a manufacturable item. I have only gotten Prototypes and some other useless items such as wreckage. This not only is strange but doesn't make sense from a role playing perspective either. Can you add more manufacturable items to hulks?

I have been mining hundreds of Lev 5-9 hulks. I have NEVER, EVER gotten a manufacturable item. I have only gotten Prototypes and some other useless items such as wreckage. This not only is strange but doesn't make sense from a role playing perspective either. Can you add more manufacturable items to hulks?

The super hulks were removed, HOWEVER I've been told that there are still hulks out there with regular items that can be mapped and built. We all just need to be diligent and fully clear the hulk fields we do find, even if it's all just slag. Not clearing will definitely cause these items to not be found.

I have just discovered an alternative to mining ores... hulks!... a lot more fun (for me) and not so mind numbing... I also would like to see more items that one can map/print/manufacture... while I know people that enjoy mining ores, well I am just not one of them... but exploring hulks... now that is just way cool... I do like prototypes and would love to be able to build/rebuild those also... I think that this (and adding more of this kind of mining) would/does add player character content and more player flexibility aka "fun"... am enjoying my explorer types a lot more...

Darlok

Yeah, it's rather unrealistic that almost all the equips you get out a hulk are nonmanufacturable prototypes. Not EVERY ship that gets wrecked out in space is going to have proto weapons and equipment; it'd be more reasonable to see common manufacturable or race-specific weapons and equips on ships, with prototypes being a rarity rather than an everyday find. Also, SOMEONE had to build the prototypes somehow, what, exactly, is keeping them from being reverse-engineered and reproduced?

Being able to find printables on hulks would make them a wonderful alternative for those who don't want to risk killing mobs for their schematics - it's just that printable equipment should be far more rare on hulks than they are on the equivalent mob.

Even from a non-RP standpoint, it makes no sense that protos are nonmanufacturable. Sure, they have better stats than more "common" gear of the same level, but this is only an advantage up to level 4 gear. Once you start getting 5 or higher, you start looking at the passive/activatable buffs on a piece of equipment more than you do its base stats, and prototypes never have buffs. I don't see what's so "broken" about protos that they can't be made manufacturable.

• Upvote 2

As a miner mining in enb emulator, i would say that atleast 95% of the current hulks aviliable to be mined right now, DO NOT have manfacturable items, except for prototype ammo/comps.

The other 5% of hulks that contain items, that can be manufactured, are camped constantly by the same 12-15 people.

I'll list some sectors, that have hulks with manufacturable items inside them. I wont give away the exact location, as you know....

YOUR A EXPLORER TOON YOU SHOULD EXPLORE!!!!!

Niff cloud, Lagarto, Glenn, Inverness, Moto, xipe, slayton, endriago.

The hint to finding the HIGH LVL fields is to free warp all over the map, and look for several lvl 150 mining characters idling in space, with no hulks anywhere nearby. Those guys are camping those spawns, and the hulks rarely last more than 30 or 40 seconds after they spawn. Just write down the locations in your capitans log, and continue searching.

And check back at those locations every now and than.

I agree, that there should be more manticores nettles for everyone!!!

Cia

LOL, a blast from the past! Those things dropped like flies back in Live. ;)

Yes they did, my JE had the print in Live, but no one who would want them. Now if an explorer class finds and prints the device there is some low level JT somewhere that could put it to use whenever she's using energy beams.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the prototype stuff that drops, but it would be nice to have a few ordinary bits drop too for either cash, plans or spare parts. I do not know if there are any but i have not seen any prototype devices, which could be interesting.

Though you could make prototypes manufacturable but be made out of either all or some non manufacturable/buy-able components unique to that prototype, ie you need to dismantle a prototype and rebuild it, can not make otherwise.

Maybe some mob like manufacturable items too? For JE at any rate they don't really fight mobs at their level but will prospect. With same kinda drop rate for mobs normal and rare gear?

just my thoughts.

Edited by Bovyne
  • Upvote 1