Smart Phones

Mimir

We have been working on something for Android for a bit, it is not EVEN close for prime time... but for grins I popped EnB in to see how it looked. What do you think? one of the only ways currently to get screen grabs from Android phones is the Dalvik Debug Monitor... looks fake but not.

Edited by Mimir
  • Upvote 1

Should have been an iPhone, plus the windows border at the top wouldn't be on a smartphone :P

Bit difficult to read the chat :) but would be nice to have an app to log in and chat via iPhone / Android :)

Was pretty excited to see it function, will upload a screen grab from phone. As for iPhone... we are iPhone developers but have found the process to get an application to market is almost not worth the effort.

Was pretty excited to see it function, will upload a screen grab from phone. As for iPhone... we are iPhone developers but have found the process to get an application to market is almost not worth the effort.

Jailbroken iPhone FTW :)

And is this real? though it was something you had Photoshopped :)

Should have been an iPhone, plus the windows border at the top wouldn't be on a smartphone :P

Bit difficult to read the chat :) but would be nice to have an app to log in and chat via iPhone / Android :)

That would be pretty cool.

I would love to write a chat client for the iPhone, but Apple are nazis about software development. You have to sign away your firstborn to get anything done. As for Android, what language can you write apps in? Does android support any linux-compatible binary executable?

Both the iPhone and Android are Linux back ends... Ive seen this before - Android is being ported and DUAL BOOTED on iDevices... funky stuff.

CDel: AppStore already have IRC clients (see Colloque (spelling?????) so getting that passed shouldnt be a major issue as long as its coded properly.

Mimir: Do you guys have a website or anything we can follow this on?

I have a hard time believing this is real due to the fact that there are clearly windows style borders and buttons all over that interface, sorry, i don't mean to offend you or challenge your integrity, but the iPhone jailbreak scene has taught me not to believe anything until i see it my self :)

If this is indeed real, looking good, and good luck with the project :)

This has fake written all over it. This is just a resized screenshot put over a fake phone. There are several application for taking screenshots in android by the way. For example Android Screenshot and ShootMe. As for the question about what is android written in, the main language is Java but they also offer the NDK which will allow you do to C++. You can also get away with using C in your logic.

EDIT:

On a side note about the chat application for android. If all the in game chat uses is IRC it would be extremely easy for me to whip up an application and get it on the market in a few minutes.

Edited by My420Time
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

On a side note about the chat application for android. If all the in game chat uses is IRC it would be extremely easy for me to whip up an application and get it on the market in a few minutes.

Unfortunately not, I was drawing the comparison between an IRC CHAT app and a EnB Chat app for AppStore approval, that is all :)

Unfortunately not, I was drawing the comparison between an IRC CHAT app and a EnB Chat app for AppStore approval, that is all :)

Heh - Well I am a professional Android developer. :) Was going to whip something up for everyone. You should switch to Android! Apple's market is a pain in the butt. I've developed a few iPhone apps(Mainly for corporation internally) and fortunately only had to try to get one on the market.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This has fake written all over it. This is just a resized screenshot put over a fake phone. There are several application for taking screenshots in android by the way. For example Android Screenshot and ShootMe. As for the question about what is android written in, the main language is Java but they also offer the NDK which will allow you do to C++. You can also get away with using C in your logic.

EDIT:

LOL ... It's not fake, and you make me sorry to have shared it with this community. And if you are not familiar with the development platforms for the Android how are you a professional Android developer. I will tell you it is based on Windows DDK and a mirror driver. Possibly you have seen the Apple version out for the iPad/iPhone? This is what we are basing ours on. So before you the "professional Android developer" <- what does that mean exactly? You have an application that you have charged for? What are your apps by the way? So before you start saying something is a fake because you are not capable of doing something think twice.

Come to think of it I really don't like being called a liar.

Edited by Mimir
  • Upvote 1

LOL ... It's not fake, and you make me sorry to have shared it with this community. And if you are not familiar with the development platforms for the Android how are you a professional Android developer. I will tell you it is based on Windows DDK and a mirror driver.

so basicly it's VNC client on android and EnB client is still running in your PC, right ?

so basicly it's VNC client on android and EnB client is still running in your PC, right ?

Yes, the concept is based on VNC. Not out of the box VNC but modifications on both ends Windows side as well as the Android side. VNC is great used from a PC to a PC but if you have looked at VNC on the smart phone it is far from usable. For me anyway. So the VNC is being rewritten (both sides) specifically for use on the smaller screen size and touch screen capabilities.

LOL ... It's not fake, and you make me sorry to have shared it with this community. And if you are not familiar with the development platforms for the Android how are you a professional Android developer. I will tell you it is based on Windows DDK and a mirror driver. Possibly you have seen the Apple version out for the iPad/iPhone? This is what we are basing ours on. So before you the "professional Android developer" <- what does that mean exactly? You have an application that you have charged for? What are your apps by the way? So before you start saying something is a fake because you are not capable of doing something think twice.

Come to think of it I really don't like being called a liar.

Well, first off your not running this natively on the android platform. Your running it throw VNC with a mirror driver. Which means I now need to have a computer on 24/7, open up some ports, and give it a static dyndns address. Also I clearly stated the platforms for Android a few posts up. Since you didn't take the time to read them I have provided a link to the android site. The Android SDK support Java code natively and some C/C++ code. The Android NDK support C++ code. On your first image you can clearly see something that shouldn't be there near the bottom right corner of the phone. I have attached two pictures of what the generic emulator looks like.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/

http://code.google.com/p/android-vnc-viewer/

With the SDK in hand and about 20 minutes of work on Android VNC Viewer(Open Source). Anyone could achieve what you've show in the image using the emulator and a local vnc server. Granted on anything but a newer phone(i.e. the Galaxy S series) it would run horrible over 3G/4G and going through VNC. As for what "Profession Android Developer" means I develop Android applications here in Dallas for a living. Had you actually installed Debian and then gotten wine working I would give you praise, Debian is the easy part.

post-3473-093625600 1287802151_thumb.jpg

post-3473-004143300 1287802882_thumb.jpg

post-3473-093625600 1287802151_thumb.jpg

post-3473-004143300 1287802882_thumb.jpg

Not trying to hijack, but this isn't so far off. I am currently running Splashtop Remote on mu iPAD over wireless which means I can run the client on a source machine. I can port sound through and the effect is very good, I can play pretty easily although running round stations is hard, the client won't send continuous keypresses through!!

Bombing round space is easy enough and I am actually finding it quite easy to sit and do trade runs on the sofa now =]

I will be providing some feedback to the developers around the continuous key press option and maybe a better way to control the mouse but its very good so far. I can see how these types of VNC like apps will work on something like the iPad but on a smartphone the screen size might just be too prohibitive.

I'm done with this. Believe what you will.

But for an initial throw I thought this was pretty good: Proof of concept

P.S. It was also said that the encryption for this game could never be broken.

--------Edit ------------

LOL I just noticed the audio in the background, at least you can tell it wasnt stop motion, Photoshop, cut and paste.

Edited by Mimir

Guys, what's going on here???????

Mimir is just posting something he wants to share with us, no need for trying to blame him.

So PLEASE My420Time watch your speech:Mimir's answer showed he read your post very well.

so what are you up for? playing the game "my balls are bigger than yours"???

come on, we never played it ingame why now starting it in this forum??????

hope the admins see it same way

EDIT:

I have wasted too much time with all of this, and most likely will blow off any additional work on the EnB portion of this app. Interesting that you say you are coding for Verizon? Does Verizon suggest their customers root their phones now? Cool!