Help! Game Crash Directly after Char. select.

Hello im sort of new here iv been TRYING to get on the server for about 2 days now iv followed everything i could find on this website.. im having the same problem. i enter my account name and password select character and try to enter and it Crashes... iv done the compatibility thing and i have Windows 95, Windows 98/Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0 (service Pack 5), and Windows 2000. i have tried them all none work.. iv done the performance testing and my resolution is set at its highest... i have all the updates in the order you need to play the game.. i have no idea what is wrong with this game..

Edited by Havokx

Havokx, I hsve the same problems with both Win 7 and Vista even though I have compatibility set to Windows XP service pack 2 as they suggested. I have found that I usually can log on after several tries. I think the client is a bit messed up;hopefully, they will fix it in the future.

Havokx, I hsve the same problems with both Win 7 and Vista even though I have compatibility set to Windows XP service pack 2 as they suggested. I have found that I usually can log on after several tries. I think the client is a bit messed up;hopefully, they will fix it in the future.

yes.. but i havent been able to play.. at all which leads that everything i have tried has not worked.. and i listed all the windows programs i have on my computer... and none work. I do not have Windows 7 or vista as i posted all that i have.

Edited by Havokx

Does the game crash immediately after you try to select the character, or do you at least get the loading screen for some period of time? A screenshot or transcript of the net7proxy.exe window when this happens would be highly useful.

You need xp or higher to run .net I think. Maybe windows 2k, in any case, this is usually caused by not running the earth and beyond client configuration. Go to the game's directory and into the subfolder ebconfig. From there find the executable for ebconfig and run it. This should update your registry after a short test and solve the problem. If it does not, what CDel said would be my next suggestion, provide us the log and we can try to help you from there.

Have you tried turning off all firewalls?

We can't fix the client, we don't have the source code. We have no intentions on designing an entirely new client at this time. It would take more resources than we have.

Turning off firewalls will have no effect except during the installation process. If you're turning them off to play this is a BAD idea. Like, crossing the streams bad. A firewall will not interfere with the normal operations of the game, and even if it did all it would do is disconnect you, not crash the game.

I don't remember where I read it (fibrofog is thick in my brain tonight), but I was thinking you had to have xp or higher to run the emu.

I had assumed he had Windows XP... I wouldn't think Win2k would be able to run the emulator. Our C++ code (for net7proxy) is written with the assumption that the user is running Windows XP or later. It's possible that the code just happens to work with Win2k, but I wouldn't bet on it.