EnB on Droid X

Ok so I just got this thing this past weekend. I'm curious if its even remotely possible to somehow set this thing up so it can run the emulator and client. I'm going through serious withdraw issues now that I've been out of bootcamp and am without my computer.

If you can get a windows environment (emulator) loaded on the Droid... EnB installed... And somehow get the net-7 proxy to work... go for it. Even if you do get it to load you still may have issues with keyboard mappings and mouse movement. I foresee an act of frustration however trying to get it to work without a modifiable client.

1st rule of the EnB Client: You do not modify the EnB Client. :(

1st rule of the EnB Client: You do not modify the EnB Client. :(

So true... If you get wine to run on a Droid, you might be able to hook EnB up. Very hard to tell though, as I imagine most of the functionality you'd need has been distilled out of the Android kernel. No doubt it would require some pretty boss linux skills, which I has not.

So true... If you get wine to run on a Droid, you might be able to hook EnB up. Very hard to tell though, as I imagine most of the functionality you'd need has been distilled out of the Android kernel. No doubt it would require some pretty boss linux skills, which I has not.

I have project 1999 for everquest running on my droid through wine. It obviously has all the effects toned down all the way and settings minimized, and you hav esome resolution issues. But it wasn't terribly hard to get working.

I have project 1999 for everquest running on my droid through wine. It obviously has all the effects toned down all the way and settings minimized, and you hav esome resolution issues. But it wasn't terribly hard to get working.

It could be possible then. Someone go try it. B)

Did you accomplish this by first installing debian on your droid? I have a really hard time seeing it running even then.

• Downvote 4

Did you accomplish this by first installing debian on your droid? I have a really hard time seeing it running even then.

It seems to me you are running around this forum doubting everything that has been done. Think I see a wanna be programmer that has no clue.

• Downvote 1

It seems to me you are running around this forum doubting everything that has been done. Think I see a wanna be programmer that has no clue.

currently anyone who says that they run windows app on smartphone is probably streaming display from their PC (using VNC for example) as 99.9% smartphones has ARM cpu and wine cant (yet) run x86 programs on ARM. There is WINE for ARM port*, but to get your program working, you need to recompile it.

* http://wiki.winehq.org/ARM

Based on the 420* in your name and the avatar pic, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say you are either a programming student at some community college who was able to create a version of pong for your android, thus calling yourself a "professional", or somebody just yankin Mimir's chain to see what you can get started on the forums.

*google "420" and see what you come up with

• Downvote 1

The internet has made me skeptical with many people claiming to do things which they can't or never actually do. I've been writing C, C++, and C# code for a very long time now. I see claims of skill everyday on my website. If you are using any Verizon Android phone you've got a good portion of my code going.

currently anyone who says that they run windows app on smartphone is probably streaming display from their PC (using VNC for example) as 99.9% smartphones has ARM cpu and wine cant (yet) run x86 programs on ARM. There is WINE for ARM port*, but to get your program working, you need to recompile it.

* http://wiki.winehq.org/ARM

Thanks for the link, can't wait to fool around with this over the weekend. I will have to get MacroQuest2 running on it also. Currently have it on my site for all version EQEmu supports.

Based on the 420* in your name and the avatar pic, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say you are either a programming student at some community college who was able to create a version of pong for your android, thus calling yourself a "professional", or somebody just yankin Mimir's chain to see what you can get started on the forums.

*google "420" and see what you come up with

I've actually been out of college for over 6 years now and got my Bachelor's in Computer Information Systems at the University of Colorado at Boulder. I currently have an active CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, and working towards my CCIE by next March. Have been working as an Android developer here in Dallas due to the low amount of networking jobs out here now. I was lucky enough to meet someone at the local GTUG(Google Technologies User Group) and land a job for a decent size company. Take note I haven't taken any shots at anyone up until this point. Whereas your first post was a direct flame. My post in this thread was asking a simple question.

• Downvote 2

Assumptions and judgments based upon those assumptions can lead to even more erroneous assumptions.

That being said, I'll add in a silly assumtion of mine which is likely as foolish as anything else I can think of:

A guy with a Naruto character rubbing his face in some animated woman's bosom along with a screen name referencing illegal drug use (420 = marijuana reference, which is a controlled substance in most state and local jurisdictions within the USA, and a Schedule I Narcotic under federal law).

Can there be some "Benefit of the Doubt" assessed here? Sure.

But coming into a discussion with a very low post count (often one of the hallmarks of a forum troll) and then picking nits over whether or not some other guy's work is valid - with a screen name that references dope and a (funny, but marginally sexually inappropriate) goofy avatar?

It just makes it a *smidge* harder to (make me, at the very least) want take you seriously, even if you are coding the bulk of Verizon's smart phone apps.

And for whatever it may be worth - graduating from uni in 2004 would put you in your mid to late 20s, or even your early 30s if you are within the typical age cohort for college grads in that time. Yes, I could way off the mark and you were someone who earned their degree(s) much later than that average uni student... but I tend to respect the Law of Averages.

And certainly no disrespect to your abilities or your experience - but six years as a professional coder is hardly a "long time".

Of course, what someone defines as a long time is a different thing to someone else: to me, 20 years ago is but a blink of an eye. :)