Topic lines made from Jello?

Jiggly lines. Love/Hate/Ignore  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do the jiggly lines in forum bother you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care one way or the other.

This is for the person/persons? who take care of the forums web page it's self. When I try to click on a topic, the line jiggles up and down. While this might not be a problem for most people, I find it very annoying. I'm suffering from early onset Parkinson's disease, and my hand movement control isn't quite what it used to be, and some times it takes quite a few tries to click on the topic because it keeps moving up/down. Sorry, I'm not trying to nitpick, but this is actually starting to make me quite annoyed.

By the way, for all you devs/gm's.. Thank you for bringing this game back to me. Being able to play my beloved EnB is one of the things keeping me sane right now.

This is for the person/persons? who take care of the forums web page it's self. When I try to click on a topic, the line jiggles up and down. While this might not be a problem for most people, I find it very annoying. I'm suffering from early onset Parkinson's disease, and my hand movement control isn't quite what it used to be, and some times it takes quite a few tries to click on the topic because it keeps moving up/down. Sorry, I'm not trying to nitpick, but this is actually starting to make me quite annoyed.

By the way, for all you devs/gm's.. Thank you for bringing this game back to me. Being able to play my beloved EnB is one of the things keeping me sane right now.

I'm very sorry to hear of what's happening to you as I've had relatives with Parkinson's and am myself genetically predisposed to it . . . but I just want to add a data point that I haven't observed the behavior you are describing. That's not to say it isn't happening for you but only to raise the possibility that maybe there are other factors at work.

All the best.

I've seen this happen too - I'm using Firefox 3.6.10.

It happens on mouse over on the topic title most often in the new content listing when the topic title wraps around to the next line. It's like the spacing between the letters in the title increases or that kind of effect.

It has definetly to do with the width of the browser window or the size of the font one is using.

Lots description is correct.

For anyone who doesn't observe it:

Narrow your browser window until the pages of a multiple page thread almost touch the name of the thread starter and then mouse over the thread title.

For anyone who doesn't observe it:

Narrow your browser window until the pages of a multiple page thread almost touch the name of the thread starter and then mouse over the thread title.

Ahh okay... switched to Terran Theme and narrowed the window. The "Preview Post" icon that pops up seems to be the culprit.

I use the IP Board theme, doesn't seem to be affected by window size.

Good, I'll try that. (IP basic theme). I'm using IE8 (non-compatibility mode), and a widescreen monitor. I don't remember seeing it before, wonder if I accidently changed a board setting. Thank you for the replies and suggestions.

It was in ip board mode. I put it in the terran style and the wiggling went away. When I lost internet several months ago the styles weren't working right, so I left it on the IP board default, and hadn't thought about checking a style. Glad to see the styles are working again.

Ok, I downloaded firefox and installed it, board looks normal on ip board default, but if I choose a style the stuff on the right hand side (site navigation, online users, calendar, and latest discussions) gets moved to the bottom, but I can live with that. No more squiggly lines, and no lenny ones either.

Edited by Gobblu

It apparently is just on IE8 on this computer. It works ok on IE8 on the other computer, and firefox on this computer. I'm starting to really hate IE even more.

recommendation: disable "Compatibility mode" it causes hell with these forums with whitespace and other oddities. It's what was causing Dakynos's posts to appear as giant whitespaces because the moderator group had an extra <span> tag in the section that made their title change color.

The odd thing is, that I didn't have compatibility on. When I turned it on, the lines quit jiggling around. I have no idea what it is on this computer that causes it, IE 8 on the other computer doesn't do it. I just gave up on IE and got firefox instead. Some pages look a bit different, but overall I think I like it better.