iPad?

Saw this on a thread:

trust me... enb runs on iphone and now droid and ipad (kindle and nook coming soon™) and if the only way you can get enb to run is by turning those things off... there is like a 99.9% chance the problem is you and not the game...

I'm probably missing the joke or something, or reading out of context? I'm blonde, so please don't be too hard. =)

It runs on iPad? How?

Cuz..that would be freaking awesome. =)

Saw this on a thread:

I'm probably missing the joke or something, or reading out of context? I'm blonde, so please don't be too hard. =)

It runs on iPad? How?

You'd probably have to perform the equivalent of a jailbreak on it and void the warranty so you could run a windows emulator. The game client was written for PC.

Saw this on a thread:

It runs on iPad? How?

sorry that was me... and I was kinda kidding being sarcastic... when people bitch about their system, I remind them that from a processor memory perspective that things like cell phones have more processing power, memory, storage, and video than the average pc used when enb was live :D

the on the box specs call for something like 500mhz proc with 128mb ram and 32mb of video ram... if u c what I mean...

as for ipad if you wanted to void your warranty you could run it... but only plugged in... enb would crush your battery...

Yea, it was you! =)

And yea I totally know what you mean.

I got the part about voiding the warranty to run it on an iPad, which of course went in one ear and out the other....that would still be so cool. =) But even with a jailbroken iPad, how would it be done? I mean, as far as I know, even JB iPads still use apps. And it's not an app. At least, not yet. Would be awesome tho. =)

Yea, it was you! =)

And yea I totally know what you mean.

I got the part about voiding the warranty to run it on an iPad, which of course went in one ear and out the other....that would still be so cool. =) But even with a jailbroken iPad, how would it be done? I mean, as far as I know, even JB iPads still use apps. And it's not an app. At least, not yet. Would be awesome tho. =)

You'd have to find an Apple App that lets you emulate the windows environment. Having not owned a mac or apple since the IIe I have no idea about the name of an application, but I know they are out there. :D

I think CDel said something about playing on his iPod as well. Thinking he may be running VNC?

He most certainly did not! :lol:

I might have been talking about using my iPhone as the internet connection (over tethering). That sounds like something I would do. I haven't heard of any way to emulate windows on an iOS device, although I wouldn't be surprised if someone is working on one somewhere.

He most certainly did not! :P

I might have been talking about using my iPhone as the internet connection (over tethering). That sounds like something I would do. I haven't heard of any way to emulate windows on an iOS device, although I wouldn't be surprised if someone is working on one somewhere.

Oops...I thunk wrong :lol:

jailbreak doesnt void the warranty

It does void the warranty.

What you must be thinking of is the ruling recently that jailbreaking is not illegal. That is true. But it does void your warranty.

You'd have to find an Apple App that lets you emulate the windows environment. Having not owned a mac or apple since the IIe I have no idea about the name of an application, but I know they are out there. :)

whats out there is Wine/Cedega app for Intel Mac's. iPad/iPhone are using ARM processor so one would first need intel-arm emulator. Easyer to write new client tbh.

whats out there is Wine/Cedega app for Intel Mac's. iPad/iPhone are using ARM processor so one would first need intel-arm emulator. Easyer to write new client tbh.

You'd need an x86 emulator ported to ARM, as pointed out. Then the iPad would need enough CPU speed (1Ghz ARM? -maybe- it'll work) and RAM (256MB? Possible). Making it playable would also involve getting the GPU calls mapped to the iPad's GPU, which means the emulator would have to be specialized.

It -might- be possible, but it would be a lot of work, and it would probably involve piggy-backing on a project to port some other more popular program. New client is also more feasible, as we already know how the client works anyway.

maybe they changed it as far as bricking but you can jailbreak you device then if u need the warranty all you have to do is do a default restore through itunes. they cannot tell if it was jailbroken or not. ive done it because of a faulty batt and gotten a new phone but i have an iphone 3gs so things might be diff now but last i read it's not. anyways back to the main topic.

Edited by Sig

• 2 weeks later...

That leaves out the entire controlls issue - we are just not ready for touch screen E&B.

On the old forums someone posted a video demonstrating their new screen which used touch commands. It seemed perfectly playable, so as far as touch commands for a PC screen or Ipad I don't see a problem.