Those durned resource vendors

Adder007USA

I noticed they haven't been implemented yet. They were a big help for starting terran tradesmen, altbough the fact that Terran now has a miner class might mean we're not so desperate for resourcing help. I seem to recall they had a select inventory of resources...nothing higher than level 5, and they didn't have everything. If you guys aren't planning on implementing them, might I have a suggestion? Make them a sort of information counter. When you talk to em, they give you a hint for one resource for the selected level (selected via choice) on where to find it. Like, selecting level 1 might say "A mining vessel in Asteroid Belt Alpha has reported a large deposit of herculinium near nav buoy 5" (I know, this isn't true in game, just an example). The tip would change every day, both in location and in resource type featured.

We were actually looking at doing these but creating it out of a dynamic vendor group where they would only stock what explorers sold to them at teh current market rate.

Now THAT idea, I like. Would make it much easier for explorers to sell resources to others when nobody is around, although they probably wouldn't get as good a price as they would face to face. Would only refined resources be buyable this way? I seem to recall there were some resources where if you vendored them, it was actually better to vendor the raw version because of the refining cost.

We were actually looking at doing these but creating it out of a dynamic vendor group where they would only stock what explorers sold to them at teh current market rate.

That would be great, hope you guys are able to pull it off.

Dynamic vendor group has undertones of being more than just being an exchange for minerals.

Even without more information I would not be too keen on any automated market place mechanism in Earth & Beyond as it would lessen social interaction within the game i.e. market channel - even just for minerals. Anyway, it seems like it's only an idea or was an idea and nothing much has actually been done about adding it to the game so far -- good. Because I can imagine it costing a whole lot of developer effort and it turning into a feature rarely being used.

Sounds great in principle but in practice not so great.