Some mission rewards need to be substantlaly increased

sirmorte

I just did a mission given in Fenrus where I had to bring back ingredients from Trader's Fort in Ragnorak twice! Despite the large amount of time that it took to finish both round trips, I got only 6000 explore exp. In that same time I could have completed almost three round trip Fenrus-sumerled runs for over 200000 exp. I think you need to up the expernece from this and some other missions.

I just did a mission given in Fenrus where I had to bring back ingredients from Trader's Fort in Ragnorak twice! Despite the large amount of time that it took to finish both round trips, I got only 6000 explore exp. In that same time I could have completed almost three round trip Fenrus-sumerled runs for over 200000 exp. I think you need to up the expernece from this and some other missions.

I dunno. Not to shoot you down or anything, but the fenris somerled run takes a LONG time. Fenris to Ragnarok...you don't even leave aragoth, it's just 6 jumps, the fenris run is twice as long. If the reward is ONLY 6k EL exp for 2 round trips, then I can see that being maybe just a little low, but do they pay you any credits as well? If so, then the mission sounds about right.

Right now Blackbeard's Wake is open, so going between Fenris & Somerled doesn't take that long, however, when faction is finalized, and BBW is closed except for those with sufficent faction, that run will take longer for those without RD faction.

Right now Blackbeard's Wake is open, so going between Fenris & Somerled doesn't take that long, however, when faction is finalized, and BBW is closed except for those with sufficent faction, that run will take longer for those without RD faction.

Ah, good point, forgot about the red dragons. Still, point stands. Once things are working the way they should, you gotta earn the right to use that gate, in which case fenris to ragnarok is a heck of a lot easier.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. It is only six jumps each way from Fenrus to Sumerled and 6 back. It is at least that to Ragnorak from Fenrus. However, Fenrus to Ragnorak and back is atleast as long as Sumerled to Fenrus. However, Sumerled fenrus giveS at least 100k each way. However the fenrus mission,which isn't repeatable gives 6K in explore. It just doesn't justify the time. Even the job terminal missions give three times this experience with one-third the time.

Bottom Line. NPC missions should be substantially improved or everone will just do trade or job terminal missions and ignore NPC missions.

just to chime in... I never do missions unless they are required... for credits and xp they are not time effective in general... so I really think if we are going to get people in the story line... especially the low to mid-level story lines we need to really make it worthwhile...

I don't know what you guys are talking about. It is only six jumps each way from Fenrus to Sumerled and 6 back. It is at least that to Ragnorak from Fenrus. However, Fenrus to Ragnorak and back is atleast as long as Sumerled to Fenrus. However, Sumerled fenrus giveS at least 100k each way. However the fenrus mission,which isn't repeatable gives 6K in explore. It just doesn't justify the time. Even the job terminal missions give three times this experience with one-third the time.

Bottom Line. NPC missions should be substantially improved or everone will just do trade or job terminal missions and ignore NPC missions.

What we're talking about is the gates that take you through blackbeards wake normally require friendly Red dragon rep for them to be used. Right now, they're open to everyone. Once the game gets out of beta, you can't use the pirate gates unless you grind up RD rep, and you have to go the long way otherwise. And I don't see how you're getting 100k per run, there's no way you can get that much from a full cargo sale alone, as exploration exp only happens once per discovery.

Edited by Adder007USA

What we're talking about is the gates that take you through blackbeards wake normally require friendly Red dragon rep for them to be used. Right now, they're open to everyone. Once the game gets out of beta, you can't use the pirate gates unless you grind up RD rep, and you have to go the long way otherwise. And I don't see how you're getting 100k per run, there's no way you can get that much from a full cargo sale alone, as exploration exp only happens once per discovery.

I am a TT with a five in the negotiate skill. The 100K+ is from one round trip of trade.

• 2 weeks later...

>< oh right, forgot about negotiate. But anyways, back to the gates, without RD faction the trip is much longer typically.

Not to mention that RD grind can be quite long, depending on your race/class. Some toons start with RD as low as -9000.

Fix the trade jobs so I can actually pick up the tourist/grockle/prisoner/diplomat at the mid-point station... and I'll be as happy as a clam in chowder.

Right now, if I take a full slate of trade jobs, about half of them fail to pick up the passenger.