Chuck Norris

There was a respect issue back and forth to be perfectly honest. He did not enjoy the conversation so he was quite rude about how we should stop the conversation and I told him to get over it. I really don't feel the need to defend myself cause I really don't give a damn. But when I logged back in and simply made a joke about how you should not talk about Chuck Norris I was IMMEDIATELY banned for 24 hours. So the point stands that you cannot talk about Chuck Norris.

• Downvote 1

There was a respect issue back and forth to be perfectly honest. He did not enjoy the conversation so he was quite rude about how we should stop the conversation and I told him to get over it. I really don't feel the need to defend myself cause I really don't give a damn. But when I logged back in and simply made a joke about how you should not talk about Chuck Norris I was IMMEDIATELY banned for 24 hours. So the point stands that you cannot talk about Chuck Norris.

The point stands that we have a very good and helpful community that respect one another and the few rules. You showed a total lack of respect for other players and the GM asking you to stop chatting about irrelevant subjects in New Player channel..he asked you more than once. You even admit to telling him to get over it, you honestly believe that's an acceptable way to talk to a GM or even anyone? Trying to say it was down to talking Chuck Norris is total rubbish, plain attitude and disrespect is what got you banned. Strange if you really "Don't give a damn" as you say, why even post about it?

You want to talk Chuck Norris go to Out of Context channel and talk all day no one will bother you at all in there, that's what the OOC channel is for.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It seems to be a common issue whenever there is a conversation going on in New Players that should be in Out of Context, as soon as a GM comes in and asks that the conversation be moved, there is always at least one person who wants to go on the defensive and complain that they are being "attacked". At that point, I think its time to hit the power button, go outside and get some fresh air.

BTW Chuck Norris can win connect-4 in 3 moves.

mt

Quite honestly it's absolutely ridiculous to expect each chat channel to remain 100% true to its name. A large part of the time is people casually chatting to each other which in no way detracts from the "true" nature of the channel. I can't count how many times I've seen off topic exchanges in market and new player chat. It's never been a problem untilpeople, who have a legitimate use for that channel, get ignored which I have not seen happen. If it does happen, then I do support intervention by the GMs.

Maybe I'm off base here not having all the information but I strongly believe chat channels should be used for chat whether or not it follows the intent of the channel. It makes the game more interesting, dynamic and entertaining for the vast majority of players.

Code of Conduct (Linked at the top of every forum)

---

Under Players & Donators

6. You may not argue with or neglect to follow instructions of Net-7 staff. The player names of Net-7 staff begin with the word DEV, ADMIN or GM, and may be identified in that fashion.

----

This is where you go wrong and why that GM is justified in his or her action(s). Now, if you insist that the GM was rude, we can always pull the chat log for the server which records every single bit of chat that is sent to the server. We can look through it for the conversation and see how it went if need be to determine the true nature of this case rather than trust anyone's points of view (since they are always subjective).

It seems to be a common issue whenever there is a conversation going on in New Players that should be in Out of Context, as soon as a GM comes in and asks that the conversation be moved, there is always at least one person who wants to go on the defensive and complain that they are being "attacked". At that point, I think its time to hit the power button, go outside and get some fresh air.

BTW Chuck Norris can win connect-4 in 3 moves.

mt

Wurd. There are lots of other channels, people.

Also, Chuck Norris' doesn't wear a watch; he decides what time it is. Furthermore, if Chuck Norris were to stare at the sun, the sun would go blind.

That is all.

Just so this is very clear. I never argued with a GM, if someone wants to look through records they will see that. I am not looking for "Justice" just wanted to mention that I was part of a friendly conversation and a GM started getting hostile so I made a sarcastic comment to him and got banned for it. I really don't care in the end, it just bothered me that when I came back in later and made a comment to the effect of "Don't talk about Chuck Norris, it might go badly" or something to that extent, I was banned for 24 hours. I am not going to go pull logs and get some GM that wanted to flex his muscles investigated, I really don't care that much. The whole point was just to point out that it happened and I was barely part of the conversation to begin with.

Code of Conduct (Linked at the top of every forum)

---

Under Players & Donators

6. You may not argue with or neglect to follow instructions of Net-7 staff. The player names of Net-7 staff begin with the word DEV, ADMIN or GM, and may be identified in that fashion.

----

This is where you go wrong and why that GM is justified in his or her action(s). Now, if you insist that the GM was rude, we can always pull the chat log for the server which records every single bit of chat that is sent to the server. We can look through it for the conversation and see how it went if need be to determine the true nature of this case rather than trust anyone's points of view (since they are always subjective).

Just so this is very clear. I never argued with a GM, if someone wants to look through records they will see that. I am not looking for "Justice" just wanted to mention that I was part of a friendly conversation and a GM started getting hostile so I made a sarcastic comment to him and got banned for it. I really don't care in the end, it just bothered me that when I came back in later and made a comment to the effect of "Don't talk about Chuck Norris, it might go badly" or something to that extent, I was banned for 24 hours. I am not going to go pull logs and get some GM that wanted to flex his muscles investigated, I really don't care that much. The whole point was just to point out that it happened and I was barely part of the conversation to begin with.

The rule says argue with or neglect to follow the instructions of. Others seem to indicate the GM had already spoken and asked that the conversation not continue on that channel. If that's not true, then that's a different story. If he or she did ask, and you joined in or continued after that, then what I originally posted in this thread is still accurate.

He asked if the conversation be stopped, and it was stopped. I made a comment about it after that and without warning me convo'd me and then banned me. So I fail to see where I did not follow instructions because I did, in fact stop talking about it, if it continued then it had nothing to do with me. It just seemed like I was banned because he wanted to let out his anger on someone and I had made a comment that probably pissed him off.

He asked if the conversation be stopped, and it was stopped. I made a comment about it after that and without warning me convo'd me and then banned me. So I fail to see where I did not follow instructions because I did, in fact stop talking about it, if it continued then it had nothing to do with me. It just seemed like I was banned because he wanted to let out his anger on someone and I had made a comment that probably pissed him off.

The key to that is it seemed like, I would guess. I would doubt that behavior of most of our GMs because they're all pretty level-headed people. However, as stated before if you don't believe that was true and want us to take action, just PM the name to me and I will look at it in private. We have checks and balances in place to prevent that behavior in staff, this is one of them. I understand you seeing it as a joke, but if it was new players there's a good reason. With most channels you can avoid it, but eventually (if it hasn't already been set up, I'd have to go check) players were or are going to be stuck in new players for the first group of levels (until 25 I believe).

In any case, like I said. I know you said you didn't really want to do anything before but if you don't believe it's fair you have an option to act.

i'm going to check the other channels like ooc and see if there is actually people in there that talk, if so i'd say take it to OOC. otherwise most people online are in the New Players chat and its a source of leisure communication while playing the game. New Player channel really isn't active with users asking questions and almost always whenever someone does ask a question it gets an immediate response. So really the channel doesn't get a neglect of help. I'd say when people are active chatting in the channel its more apt to be helpful then someone who is not paying attention because they can't talk in it. Either way I support the rules of the game even though we all have strayed a bit in new players chat at some point in time. really what it comes down to is its a game and anything that hinders the overall experience of another player i'd say its not helpful to a prospering game environment. my 2 cent ((Shrugs))

• Upvote 1

i'm going to check the other channels like ooc and see if there is actually people in there that talk, if so i'd say take it to OOC. otherwise most people online are in the New Players chat and its a source of leisure communication while playing the game. New Player channel really isn't active with users asking questions and almost always whenever someone does ask a question it gets an immediate response. So really the channel doesn't get a neglect of help. I'd say when people are active chatting in the channel its more apt to be helpful then someone who is not paying attention because they can't talk in it. Either way I support the rules of the game even though we all have strayed a bit in new players chat at some point in time. really what it comes down to is its a game and anything that hinders the overall experience of another player i'd say its not helpful to a prospering game environment. my 2 cent ((Shrugs))

Most people don't see them because those channels are not enabled by default. You have to go and switch them on. They're not always active like new players but they can be quite so.

I am not going to go pull logs and get some GM that wanted to flex his muscles investigated, I really don't care that much. The whole point was just to point out that it happened and I was barely part of the conversation to begin with.

If you "really don't care that much", then why did you make this topic?

It sounds more like you made this topic while enraged and have a temper which the chat logs would show.

As a side note, whoever remembers how the lax the GM policing was in live. You could get away with swearing all the time and there definitely was no New Players channel police.

Not saying it is bad that the GM's are stricter here. Because this game is free any scrub can join which is a good reason the GM's need to be more like the GESTAPO.

But when the server population increases I think a lot of GM tasks will be regulated by players and people will generally be better behaved.

Bah... edited on the next post to be easier to read

Just so it's clear... here is a section of the chat log from Pirogoeth's first comment to first booting. This is edited only to get rid of the messages of all the mining I was doing...

(11):20:25:38 [New Players] Blacklung [HGM]: lets get back to new player chat guys

(0):20:25:40 COMPUTER: Meksa logged out.

(11):20:25:43 [New Players] Tetrina: judge dredd is the law

(11):20:25:44 [New Players] Pirogoeth: so really, Steven Segal is an agent of Chuck Norris

(0):20:25:47 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(0):20:25:54 COMPUTER: Sophia logged out.

(0):20:25:54 COMPUTER: Prospected (22) Fluorine

(11):20:25:54 [New Players] Akara: Save the Chuck Norris jokes for Barrens chat.

(11):20:25:56 [New Players] RykPS: But do they play EnB? ;)

(0):20:25:57 COMPUTER: Harashu logged in.

(0):20:25:57 COMPUTER: Beaudreaux logged out.

(5):20:26: 1 Tetrina has prospected 22 Fluorine

(0):20:26: 7 COMPUTER: Lucifer logged in.

(11):20:26: 9 [New Players] Pirogoeth: Chuck Norris is lvl 151

(0):20:26:14 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(11):20:26:21 [New Players] Phobosscout: with a CL80

(0):20:26:22 COMPUTER: Prospected (15) Neon

(11):20:26:23 [New Players] Stonem: no hes CL 66

(5):20:26:25 Tetrina has prospected 15 Neon

(0):20:26:25 COMPUTER: Korrin logged in.

(11):20:26:29 [New Players] Pirogoeth: lol

(11):20:26:29 [New Players] Kyal: no 67

(0):20:26:34 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(0):20:26:36 COMPUTER: Prospected (2) Fluorine

(5):20:26:38 Tetrina has prospected 2 Fluorine

(0):20:26:43 COMPUTER: Bandaid logged out.

(11):20:26:47 [New Players] Akara: So that would mean Riddick, who is something likel evel 50000 by now, is stronger than Chuck Norris.

(11):20:26:51 [New Players] Stonem: nah 69 he masters sex to

(12):20:26:53 [Market] Deathjester: wait

(11):20:26:56 [New Players] Pirogoeth: he is lvCL 67, because he did not need to explore because he knows all, and all trades were already done by him

(0):20:26:59 COMPUTER: Talroc logged out.

(0):20:26:59 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(0):20:27: 1 COMPUTER: Prospected (2) Neon

(5):20:27: 2 Tetrina has prospected 2 Neon

(0):20:27: 3 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(0):20:27: 4 COMPUTER: Prospected (2) Argon

(11):20:27: 5 [New Players] Blacklung [HGM]: ENOUGH ALREADY

(5):20:27: 5 Tetrina has prospected 2 Argon

(11):20:27:14 [New Players] Akara: Thank you Blacklung.

(11):20:27:14 [New Players] Deathjester: wait...we don't have barrens here...what's the equiv...saturn chat? Closed thing I can think of to the xroads

(0):20:27:21 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(11):20:27:22 [New Players] Exploited: ty blacklung....

(0):20:27:23 COMPUTER: Prospected (3) Argon

(5):20:27:24 Tetrina has prospected 3 Argon

(11):20:27:25 [New Players] Pirogoeth: lmfao, I think someone is pissed

(0):20:27:25 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(0):20:27:27 COMPUTER: Prospected (4) Neon

(0):20:27:28 COMPUTER: Hempdude logged out.

(5):20:27:28 Tetrina has prospected 4 Neon

(11):20:27:31 [New Players] Panam: You don't gain exp by recruiting. :blink:

(0):20:27:34 COMPUTER: Bull logged in.

(11):20:27:53 [New Players] Deathjester: oh jeez, I remember those...the referals

(0):20:27:55 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(0):20:27:55 COMPUTER: Riddick logged in.

(0):20:27:59 COMPUTER: Prospected (5) Neon

(0):20:27:59 COMPUTER: Cad logged out.

(5):20:28: 0 Tetrina has prospected 5 Neon

(0):20:28: 1 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(11):20:28: 2 [New Players] Phobosscout: oh dear /facepalms

(0):20:28: 3 COMPUTER: Korrin logged out.

(0):20:28: 4 COMPUTER: Prospected (6) Argon

(10):20:28: 6 [Out of Context] Riddick: ....

(5):20:28: 7 Tetrina has prospected 6 Argon

(11):20:28:20 [New Players] Blacklung [HGM]: no, but its new player chat, not wow,not anything else,

(0):20:28:24 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(0):20:28:27 COMPUTER: Tibbedeaux logged out.

(0):20:28:27 COMPUTER: Prospected (7) Fluorine

(0):20:28:29 COMPUTER: Bandaid logged in.

(5):20:28:30 Tetrina has prospected 7 Fluorine

(11):20:28:33 [New Players] Deathjester: fair enough

(0):20:28:40 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(10):20:28:40 [Out of Context] Spasmodialprime: O^0

(0):20:28:44 COMPUTER: Prospected (7) Neon

(5):20:28:46 Tetrina has prospected 7 Neon

(11):20:28:48 [New Players] Kyal: meh .. you make the game, yo umake the rules

(11):20:28:50 [New Players] Titanium: I always thought of referrals as like...your virginity.

(0):20:28:56 COMPUTER: Luckyduce logged out.

(0):20:29: 3 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(0):20:29: 7 COMPUTER: Popandgo logged in.

(11):20:29: 8 [New Players] Phobosscout: what, you only get screwed for it once? :P

(0):20:29:11 COMPUTER: Prospected (16) Neon

(11):20:29:11 Insufficient energy to continue prospecting.

(5):20:29:14 Tetrina has prospected 16 Neon

(0):20:29:18 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(0):20:29:20 COMPUTER: Prospected (1) Neon

(5):20:29:23 Tetrina has prospected 1 Neon

(0):20:29:32 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(0):20:29:34 COMPUTER: Prospected (5) Fluorine

(5):20:29:37 Tetrina has prospected 5 Fluorine

(11):20:29:42 [New Players] Mannix [bETA]: The sheer igorance at time is totlly unbelievable

(11):20:29:54 [New Players] Pirogoeth: I think he might cry

(11):20:30: 4 [New Players] Blacklung [HGM]: i'm going to reduce the player count here in a minute if it continues,

(11):20:30:15 [New Players] Pirogoeth: lmfao, wow get over it

(11):20:30:35 [New Players] Mannix [bETA]: Hmm someone needs a lesson ion manners

(11):20:30:48 [New Players] Pirogoeth: no comment

(11):20:31: 4 [New Players] Deathjester: anyone know a good area for a CL 9 TE to grind?

(10):20:31: 6 [Out of Context] Greenpants: Watching the log out screen for some forced exits from NP:)

(11):20:31:15 [New Players] Titanium: I've been grinding in Witberg.

(11):20:31:20 [New Players] Panam: Shakti Pleasure moon?

(11):20:31:21 [New Players] Deathjester: oh yeah, the bogerils

(11):20:31:23 [New Players] Phobosscout: um, witberg if you don't mind killing boggeril

(11):20:31:32 [New Players] Deathjester: meh, I could use a solar sail

(11):20:31:36 [New Players] Winxp: Hehe

(11):20:31:38 [New Players] Phobosscout: lol :)

(0):20:31:40 COMPUTER: Pirogoeth logged out.

Just so it's clear... here is a section of the chat log from Blacklung's first comment about chat to Pirogoeth's first booting. This is edited only to get rid of the messages of all the mining I was doing and the random login/out of other players.

(11):20:25:38 [New Players] Blacklung [HGM]: lets get back to new player chat guys

(11):20:25:43 [New Players] Tetrina: judge dredd is the law

(11):20:25:44 [New Players] Pirogoeth: so really, Steven Segal is an agent of Chuck Norris

(11):20:25:54 [New Players] Akara: Save the Chuck Norris jokes for Barrens chat.

(11):20:25:56 [New Players] RykPS: But do they play EnB? ;)

(11):20:26: 9 [New Players] Pirogoeth: Chuck Norris is lvl 151

(11):20:26:21 [New Players] Phobosscout: with a CL80

(11):20:26:23 [New Players] Stonem: no hes CL 66

(11):20:26:29 [New Players] Pirogoeth: lol

(11):20:26:29 [New Players] Kyal: no 67

(11):20:26:47 [New Players] Akara: So that would mean Riddick, who is something likel evel 50000 by now, is stronger than Chuck Norris.

(11):20:26:51 [New Players] Stonem: nah 69 he masters sex to

(12):20:26:53 [Market] Deathjester: wait

(11):20:26:56 [New Players] Pirogoeth: he is lvCL 67, because he did not need to explore because he knows all, and all trades were already done by him

(11):20:27: 5 [New Players] Blacklung [HGM]: ENOUGH ALREADY

(11):20:27:14 [New Players] Akara: Thank you Blacklung.

(11):20:27:14 [New Players] Deathjester: wait...we don't have barrens here...what's the equiv...saturn chat? Closed thing I can think of to the xroads

(11):20:27:25 [New Players] Pirogoeth: lmfao, I think someone is pissed

(11):20:27:31 [New Players] Panam: You don't gain exp by recruiting. :blink:

(11):20:27:53 [New Players] Deathjester: oh jeez, I remember those...the referals

(11):20:28: 2 [New Players] Phobosscout: oh dear /facepalms

(10):20:28: 6 [Out of Context] Riddick: ....

(11):20:28:20 [New Players] Blacklung [HGM]: no, but its new player chat, not wow,not anything else,

(11):20:28:33 [New Players] Deathjester: fair enough

(10):20:28:40 [Out of Context] Spasmodialprime: O^0

(11):20:28:48 [New Players] Kyal: meh .. you make the game, yo umake the rules

(11):20:28:50 [New Players] Titanium: I always thought of referrals as like...your virginity.

(11):20:29: 8 [New Players] Phobosscout: what, you only get screwed for it once? :P

(11):20:29:42 [New Players] Mannix [bETA]: The sheer igorance at time is totlly unbelievable

(11):20:29:54 [New Players] Pirogoeth: I think he might cry

(11):20:30: 4 [New Players] Blacklung [HGM]: i'm going to reduce the player count here in a minute if it continues,

(11):20:30:15 [New Players] Pirogoeth: lmfao, wow get over it

(11):20:30:35 [New Players] Mannix [bETA]: Hmm someone needs a lesson ion manners

(11):20:30:48 [New Players] Pirogoeth: no comment

(11):20:31: 4 [New Players] Deathjester: anyone know a good area for a CL 9 TE to grind?

(10):20:31: 6 [Out of Context] Greenpants: Watching the log out screen for some forced exits from NP:)

(11):20:31:15 [New Players] Titanium: I've been grinding in Witberg.

(11):20:31:20 [New Players] Panam: Shakti Pleasure moon?

(11):20:31:21 [New Players] Deathjester: oh yeah, the bogerils

(11):20:31:23 [New Players] Phobosscout: um, witberg if you don't mind killing boggeril

(11):20:31:32 [New Players] Deathjester: meh, I could use a solar sail

(11):20:31:36 [New Players] Winxp: Hehe

(11):20:31:38 [New Players] Phobosscout: lol :)

(0):20:31:40 COMPUTER: Pirogoeth logged out.

I also have screenshots given to me by the gm in question as well that confirm these chatlogs, with that said, this topic need not continue as the original post was a complaint that was unwarranted. In the future when a staff member asks for something, you can either accept and do as asked or log off. Your choice, but if you break the rule that I provided in the earlier post about not listening to staff then you should expect actions against your account. Freedom of speech does not apply here in the EnB universe.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1