celestial warder.

Jamosite

15 members have voted

1. 1. I want more of the Warder

• Yes...
    • Maybe.
    • I just love the video and could care less about your post.

This poor bird, he flew from Antaries and landed on a smelly gas planet, the problem is

the inhabitants there won't let him come out and play for more then a minuet or two every 52-55 hours.

This is a travesty.

Please let this bird come out to play more often. We all agree the item he holds has very little value to today modern Earth and Beyond World

but some of us would like to see him more often.

now while you decide please view this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6H6CcGiuFo

• Upvote 1

A respawn every few hours would be great.

No need to keep the timer the same as it was in live because this isn't live and it's boring with the respawn period being so long. There is more chance of a server restart than the Celestial Warder actually respawning again. Other bosses have had their respawn timer cut dramatically short compared with the live server so might as well apply a shorter timer here too.

:)

• Upvote 3

"It is the same that it was in live" is rapidly becoming a contradictory argument when it comes to the current stage of the emulator. There are several things that have been implemented in the emulator (both good and bad) that are nothing like what it was in live. So if you want the game to be exactly like live, then make it exactly like live and get rid of some of the stuff like Merlins new ore fields and Byakhee's progen missions. I however do not want the game to be exactly like live, I like some of the new directions the game has taken.

• Upvote 1

this has been asked for several times (and I agree) sadly kyp thinks it shouldn't change and refuses to change it =/

It's a long step to say that I flat refuse. I don't recall ever having said that. I do recall saying "not at this time" which is a far cry of difference. We will be looking at this more as balancing comes along. I could make it really short right now, but honestly if I do that, and I end up having to make it longer again it'll upset people even more. By the way, average uptime (aside from when we're putting in changes and fixing the follow up bugs) is above 100 hours, by the number of seconds on his spawn it's a spawn every 32-36 hours as of this very moment, at least unless someone has gone and changed it since I put the warder back in.

To answer, the warders timer is exactly what it was in live as of current. I will consider this as we go along but not just yet. I'll add it to my list.

In regards to the "like live" thing above, that's never really been my personal goal. It's a guideline sure, but I wanted to fix what we could from live, if and only if it couldn't be fixed and balanced even better than it originally was. That has always been my opinion. :)

Ok let me just ask if you could jack up the spawn rate for now, for you see the devices he drops do not really matter yet. I had the lucky chance to

get him once and he dropped an Omniessence (spelling?) and a turbo that I did not need, well if you buff yourself it

removes turbo so I will be the first one to say (as i did above) I just want the chance to live out my old live

memories. its not about his loot.

unless something he has is very valuable or will un-ballance the game as we know it why not crank him up to a 30 to

2 hour respawn? (30 minuets please)

As we get closer to our live status fix it any way you please.

I am pretty sure there is not much foot traffic on his planet. its basically a zone that has so much potential, I

remember in live we would take

groups to mine were others defend, and if the warder spawned it was a epic encounter, that is if the mob wasn't

being camped.What say you?

Thanks for your time.

What say you?

I say, the warder is designed to be an epic encounter. At least that's the initial thought behind it. I might lower the spawn time some but when it gets changed later for balance then I'm not going to listen to complaints about it at all. The aegis will (or should) be highly sought after by the time all of the balancing is done. Now I had considered creating a tough mission to get the components and changing him into a pop-item spawn like the oni was. I think that's going to be the best for balancing it out.

• Upvote 1

The Celestial Warder is considered to an epic encounter?

The only dimension in which the Celestial Warder was "epic" was how fast it got ganked in live. Another dimension might be how "epic" the camping was on the spawn by the various groups wanting the items. And the camping was due to the long spawn timer and limited opportunity to kill the Celestial Warder.

And of course EA wanted to keep their subscription revenue so they made all items hard to obtain.

For epic encounters see: Unknown Galaxy, The Controller, The Bogeril task force in Witburg, Xipe Totec ... don't look at the Celestial Warder. The Celestial Warder is just a boss mob with loot that's not really all that special.

Now I had considered creating a tough mission to get the components and changing him into a pop-item spawn like the oni was. I think that's going to be the best for balancing it out.

Good.

Can you let Byakhee do this, that way we can be sure the mission lasts till your old age and the value of the item is maintained.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I say, the warder is designed to be an epic encounter. At least that's the initial thought behind it. I might lower the spawn time some but when it gets changed later for balance then I'm not going to listen to complaints about it at all. The aegis will (or should) be highly sought after by the time all of the balancing is done. Now I had considered creating a tough mission to get the components and changing him into a pop-item spawn like the oni was. I think that's going to be the best for balancing it out.

Some times text doesn't fully convey thought into words ( I am speaking about myself ) we are on the same page.

I know it will be put back to the way it was or changed to an epic encounter we all just wanted to see if you can increase the spawn time for the

remainder of the stress test

Thank you Kyp.

... I also think most would enjoy a controlled spawn like the Oni. that would be great.

in appreciation I have placed this video for you

• Upvote 2

Good.

Can you let Byakhee do this, that way we can be sure the mission lasts till your old age and the value of the item is maintained.

Certainly, I'll let him design it top to bottom if you'd like. Then once he passes me the document i'll make it twice as long, and three times as difficult as whatever he had in mind.

Some times text doesn't fully convey thought into words ( I am speaking about myself ) we are on the same page.

I know it will be put back to the way it was or changed to an epic encounter we all just wanted to see if you can increase the spawn time for the

remainder of the stress test

Thank you Kyp.

... I also think most would enjoy a controlled spawn like the Oni. that would be great.

in appreciation I have placed this video for you

I uh... thanks for the video. I think.

The Celestial Warder is considered to an epic encounter?

The only dimension in which the Celestial Warder was "epic" was how fast it got ganked in live. Another dimension might be how "epic" the camping was on the spawn by the various groups wanting the items. And the camping was due to the long spawn timer and limited opportunity to kill the Celestial Warder.

And of course EA wanted to keep their subscription revenue so they made all items hard to obtain.

For epic encounters see: Unknown Galaxy, The Controller, The Bogeril task force in Witburg, Xipe Totec ... don't look at the Celestial Warder. The Celestial Warder is just a boss mob with loot that's not really all that special.

Yes, it was, and I remember how quickly it died. I didn't say it was well executed in live at any point in this conversation, now did I? :( We have documents that came from ex-developers of Earth and Beyond that show us epic encounters that they already had, this was one of them. There should actually be more mobs that spawn with the warder to make it harder. Give it time, I'll find a way to make it rough enough that it will be "EPIC" by your standards too. In regards to the subscription revenue, of course they did. They wouldn't be a business if they didn't, now would they? :)

Certainly, I'll let him design it top to bottom if you'd like. Then once he passes me the document i'll make it twice as long, and three times as difficult as whatever he had in mind.

Would you be willing to discuss near/further future encounter design in more depth?