Using the Character & Ship Creator

I've used the creator to make a couple of toons and all has gone well. I have two accounts with 3 toons on one (spots 1, 3 & 4)and two on the other (spots 2 & 5). Between the two accounts, all five character spots are occupied.

I decided to create a PP last several nights ago and so I started up the creator. All went normally and the toon was ready to go. I set it to go to spot 5 and intended to play the toon on the account that had that spot open. However, when I logged the account the toon didn't import. I checked the creator and the toon had been saved and was still there. I've checked the last two nights and though the toon is still in the creator, it won't import.

I'm wondering if this has come up before and if there's a way to get the toon to import. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Redbeard/Dave

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. I have two pc's and have the game and creator installed on both of them. I've logged both accounts on both of the machines at different times. Everything works very well in game. I couldn't be more pleased with being able to fly once again after all these years. This is the only glitch I've not found an answer for.

As I mentioned, between the two accounts I have I've created only five characters. In essence I have five open slots, three on one account and two on the other. Those five characters occupy slot numbers one through five. Thats to say that there's at least one character in each of the five slots.

It could be that even though the characters are on different accounts, the creator sees a character in all five slots and thats why it won't import. If that's the case I can understand why it isn't working.

I may try reinstalling the creator to see if that will help.

Redbeard

just a suggestion... but win7 keeps char creator files in a different spot... goto your program data/westwood/charactercreator folder and delete any avatar files that have a file size of 0. You may have to remake the toons in char creator though...

then once you make your toons in char creator the avatar files should have a file size of around 1... back those up... cuz each time you want to resuse them you may need to copy a fresh one back into that folder

Edited by Avani