Cherry picking hulks

I'm not even bothering to check the higher level hulks anymore as Ive yet to find a lv7+ prototype item. Either I have very bad luck and only get scraps with 100+ I've checked or people just cherry picked them.

:P

Hello,

I am betting players are cherry picking the hulk fields as the drop rate right now is way high. We are working on getting it ballanced. I will say that it is "VERY" stupid for players to cherry pick the hulk fields as what you will end up haveing in the end is nothing but junk in the hulk fields! In fact I have been checking the hulk fields and watching players mine them and if I catch players cherry picking the hulks I will start making hulk fields dissapeer! Cherry picking the ore fields is one thing, but the hulks are a different thing altogether and if players are going to be rude to their fellow players I will just do away with the hulks altogether! Now before I get those players that want to give me a long drawn out reason why it is ok to cherry pick the hulks save your breath as cherry picking the hulks is not something that should be in the game. One way to fix this problem would be to only have hulk fields with 1 hulk in them and make them so hard to find that you will never think to cherry pick them! Is this what eveyone wants? The bottom line guys is it is time to stop being rude and if you find a hulk field, clear the damm field! Just like the ore fields you get a clear bonus for doing so. TTYL :-)

Merlin

Now before I get those players that want to give me a long drawn out reason why it is ok to cherry pick the hulks save your breath as cherry picking the hulks is not something that should be in the game.
You don't understand,

Part of the fun/reason of cherry picking is to spoil other people's mining joy.

This results in whoever is annoyed by cherrypicking to want to mine less.

And then you have less competitors - so more ores to yourself.

You could call it a dirty tactic if you like.

Even though you are the ore dev I don't think you realize this...

And calling it rude is only going to make cherry picking more fun. Because what that translates to in our tiny cherry picking brains is: 'keep up the good work'.

One way to fix this problem would be to only have hulk fields with 1 hulk in them and make them so hard to find that you will never think to cherry pick them! Is this what eveyone wants? The bottom line guys is it is time to stop being rude and if you find a hulk field, clear the damm field! Just like the ore fields you get a clear bonus for doing so.
Why do you have hulk fields in the first place? This was not really in live was it?
  • Upvote 1

As I remember the hulks in game had only lvl 1 debris in them for engine building.

It is unfortunate that a few people are trying to ruin things for the whole. It seems an attitude has developed within the gaming community to ruin the fun for others; this boils down to selfishness. The thinking is if they ruin it so people quit there's more "stuff" for them. It's truly sad we have this level of immaturity exists.

If we go to other games forums we will see the same attitude there as well. How this type of attitude came about probably goes hand in hand with how our society views the lack of respect, consideration, compassion, and lack of manners as "acceptable" these days. For the most part the community is like it was but we do have the childish bullies that will try and ruin it for the rest of us.

Thank you Merlin for putting in the "goodies" and trying to give us some bonuses, and to those selfish, inconsiderate players you aren't going to "win"

I would suggest if you see them cherry picking the goodies Merlin perhaps a temp ban might give them pause to think about their actions. This applying to hulks only.

You don't understand,

Part of the fun/reason of cherry picking is to spoil other people's mining joy.

This results in whoever is annoyed by cherrypicking to want to mine less.

And then you have less competitors - so more ores to yourself.

You could call it a dirty tactic if you like.

Even though you are the ore dev I don't think you realize this...

And calling it rude is only going to make cherry picking more fun. Because what that translates to in our tiny cherry picking brains is: 'keep up the good work'.

well congratulations your strategy of ruining other players enjoyment of the game is working. Hopefully in a years time the game will be just be 10 people with the server all to themselves without the rest of us getting in your way.

well congratulations your strategy of ruining other players enjoyment of the game is working. Hopefully in a years time the game will be just be 10 people with the server all to themselves without the rest of us getting in your way.

I find this ironic coming from a character named EVILDOER.

B)

• Upvote 1

It is unfortunate that a few people are trying to ruin things for the whole. It seems an attitude has developed within the gaming community to ruin the fun for others; this boils down to selfishness. The thinking is if they ruin it so people quit there's more "stuff" for them. It's truly sad we have this level of immaturity exists.

Well, this is still a game so there is a level of competitiveness involved.

If we go to other games forums we will see the same attitude there as well. How this type of attitude came about probably goes hand in hand with how our society views the lack of respect, consideration, compassion, and lack of manners as "acceptable" these days. For the most part the community is like it was but we do have the childish bullies that will try and ruin it for the rest of us.

I'm afraid to have to say the attitude has evolved from being the most effective player...

I would suggest if you see them cherry picking the goodies Merlin perhaps a temp ban might give them pause to think about their actions. This applying to hulks only.

This is a bit silly when you think of it.

A bit like a very very pretty voluptuous woman being beaten on for eating 25 pizzas an hour...

She can't help that it's in her nature and opportunity...

I'm sorry but I did not invent logic. This strategy is like water running down the stream. It will not climb hillsides or move upstream to get to the sea. Instead it will take the shortest path and does not care about cutting through everything.

People won't be mass leaving due to it, rather they will play miners less and warriors and traders more.

I'm sure the devs could make cherry picking unattractive in many ways if they wanted. There have been a lot of suggestions in the past but obviously there is a closeted cherry picker on the dev team...

Well, this is still a game so there is a level of competitiveness involved.

I'm afraid to have to say the attitude has evolved from being the most effective player...

This is a bit silly when you think of it.

A bit like a very very pretty voluptuous woman being beaten on for eating 25 pizzas an hour...

She can't help that it's in her nature and opportunity...

you can be competitive without being ill mannered

as far as pizzas and beatings it's apples and oranges to what I said, it also does not justify being selfish and/or inconsiderate.

you can be competitive without being ill mannered

That would be like being in a gunfight, you have a gun but toss it away and draw your knife.

Maybe cool because rambo can do with just the knife, but ultimately its not realistic.

as far as pizzas and beatings it's apples and oranges to what I said, it also does not justify being selfish and/or inconsiderate.

If you understand the analogy it aint.

Another one;

If you swim with crocs what do you think is going to happen?

This is like cherrypickers - we can't help doing what we do as long that is the best way to play.

It's up to the devs to change this through modifying the game mechanics...(ie not creating the opportunity to swim with crocs)

That would be like being in a gunfight, you have a gun but toss it away and draw your knife.

Maybe cool because rambo can do with just the knife, but ultimately its not realistic.

If you understand the analogy it aint.

Another one;

If you swim with crocs what do you think is going to happen?

This is like cherrypickers - we can't help doing what we do as long that is the best way to play.

It's up to the devs to change this through modifying the game mechanics...(ie not creating the opportunity to swim with crocs)

you can justify it all you want. why should the devs have to change things because people fail to use good manners or sportsmanship? The devs are already going out of their way to give us some nice goodies and allowing us to play during the stress test.

there's a difference between taking what you need and taking everything you can to keep other players from having any.

I won't respond further I think this thread has been derailed enough.

you can justify it all you want. why should the devs have to change things because people fail to use good manners or sportsmanship?

Earlier you mentioned compassion.

You know that if you had compassion for everyone, and not just people that are copies of yourself, you'd realize not everyone cares about manners and sportsmanship like you do.

Some of us value competitivity higher. Understand this and you will be looking at us cherry pickers as simple ants driven by simple chemistry, instead of becoming upset.

there's a difference between taking what you need and taking everything you can to keep other players from having any.

But what if I need everything?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Earlier you mentioned compassion.

You know that if you had compassion for everyone, and not just people that are copies of yourself, you'd realize not everyone cares about manners and sportsmanship like you do.

Some of us value competitivity higher. Understand this and you will be looking at us cherry pickers as simple ants driven by simple chemistry, instead of becoming upset.

But what if I need everything?

Ok fine, starting tommorrow I will start changing the hulks! If you are going to be this narrow minded then so be it. I will not debate this any longer and if you want to openly say you are going to cherry pick then I will make it so cherry picking is not possible! Each sector will have 1 and only 1 hulk in it, Go ahead and cherry pick it all you want to Mr Tyran!

Merlin

Ok fine, starting tommorrow I will start changing the hulks! If you are going to be this narrow minded then so be it. I will not debate this any longer and if you want to openly say you are going to cherry pick then I will make it so cherry picking is not possible! Each sector will have 1 and only 1 hulk in it, Go ahead and cherry pick it all you want to Mr Tyran!

Merlin

Dear Mr Merlin

There are many of us miners that really appreciate you putting some extra fun and surprises into the hulks for us. Its an extremely unfortunate fact of life that there are socially inadequate people like Mr Tyran that are unable to fit into normal society patterns. They will always get their rocks of by hurting and making life as miserable as theirs is for other people. If you where to remove the hulks then the Sociopaths such as Mr Tyran will win. They will only seek another path to excite themselves. So please dear Mr Merlin continue as you are and don't let us all suffer the backlash caused by the few. who after all are enjoying trying to grief you into hurting the rest of us. Thank you!

I shall now engage level 9 Shield and wait for the sociopaths to grief me too.....

Cherry picking problem? It's a problem that doesn't even register with me I just keep on mining until my mining lasers get burned out and then get them rebuilt and then go mining again. Oh and you can't cherry pick fields that have all been mined out - greifing the greifers? I think so.

But those organic hulks, never get anything good from them and sometimes I wish I didn't see so many spoiling a hulk field if you know what I mean.

Merlin

Count me as a person who enjoyes the new hulks. Last night got a pretty good haul while mining some L7+ hulks. Even got a field clear bonus, just took me a while to find them all, cause they were a little spread out, but the challenge was good, IMO. Got 3 prototype MLs, 2 proto beams, prototype reactor, some prototype ammo, about 9 or 10 half eaten Jen space suits (which I traded to a guildie so he could improve his Sharim) and even the "junk" loot was level apropriate to the hulks. Landing struts and the tiles are way better than debris and wreckage slag in high level hulks for "junk" loot.

Ok fine, starting tommorrow I will start changing the hulks! If you are going to be this narrow minded then so be it.

There we go again, throwing out words like 'narrow minded' in a discussion - all because there is nothing else you can say.
I will not debate this any longer and if you want to openly say you are going to cherry pick then I will make it so cherry picking is not possible!
Sounds like you want the 'don't ask don't tell' method. As long as I stay closeted about my beliefs there will be no consequences?
Each sector will have 1 and only 1 hulk in it, Go ahead and cherry pick it all you want to Mr Tyran!
Now who is being unsociable. You want to fight fire with fire and don't care about hitting the civies...

It has already been said before in other threads how you can combat cherry pickers. Even the cherry pickers themselves came with suggestions.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are many of us miners that really appreciate you putting some extra fun and surprises into the hulks for us. Its an extremely unfortunate fact of life that there are socially inadequate people like Mr Tyran that are unable to fit into normal society patterns.

Agreed and believe me I've tried to become socially adequate, but it just seems like that part of my tiny brain is missing.

They will always get their rocks of by hurting and making life as miserable as theirs is for other people.

As much as I would be flattered being cast in the villain role, it is not accurate.

Cherry picking is done not because messing with other people gives pleasure, but because it is the best way to mine.

If you where to remove the hulks then the Sociopaths such as Mr Tyran will win. They will only seek another path to excite themselves. So please dear Mr Merlin continue as you are and don't let us all suffer the backlash caused by the few. who after all are enjoying trying to grief you into hurting the rest of us. Thank you!

I shall now engage level 9 Shield and wait for the sociopaths to grief me too.....

I don't think Mr Merlin will actually do this. It sounds more like he still does not understand why cherry pickers do what they do and this frustrates him into threatening with extremities.

Agreed and believe me I've tried to become socially adequate, but it just seems like that part of my tiny brain is missing.

As much as I would be flattered being cast in the villain role, it is not accurate.

Cherry picking is done not because messing with other people gives pleasure, but because it is the best way to mine.

I don't think Mr Merlin will actually do this. It sounds more like he still does not understand why cherry pickers do what they do and this frustrates him into threatening with extremities.

You just don't get it do you. Do you think going around being the object of everyones pity for the sake of getting what you want is the way to be in life? Do you really think stating over and over "I'm a spoiled child who does what I want" makes you cool? You've already proven you are only out for yourself and don't play well with others, so I think you've pretty well convinced us all of your level of immaturity.

Mr. Merlin I do apologize I feel I'm partially to blame for your anger by taking part in this debate. Please do not punish the whole community for this. Don't let your view of the whole community be tainted by the actions and words of the few.

You just don't get it do you. Do you think going around being the object of everyones pity for the sake of getting what you want is the way to be in life?

If something as innocent as cherrypicking gets to you, then you must live a life of getting annoyed at every tiny thing that does not go your way.

Perhaps that is more cause for pity.

Do you really think stating over and over "I'm a spoiled child who does what I want" makes you cool? You've already proven you are only out for yourself and don't play well with others, so I think you've pretty well convinced us all of your level of immaturity.

True, I am out for myself. But that is what people with low social adequacy are all about is it not?

As for not playing well with others, it all depends what you mean by others. If you mean a guild, I like guilds and guildies so I get along with those people. But if you mean the entire community then yes, I don't see that as an extended family like perhaps you do.

Calling cherry picking immature is just namecalling. I mean, children also whine like you do and I don't call that immature, or do I?

Mr. Merlin I do apologize I feel I'm partially to blame for your anger by taking part in this debate. Please do not punish the whole community for this. Don't let your view of the whole community be tainted by the actions and words of the few.

Agreed. If a developer changes the game because of the words of a single player - that would be a dark day.

I still doubt it was serious.