Oremining for my Pw ammo: big big problems :|

Noin

I have lots of problems mining the ores I need for my 150PW.

I use the Raw Flawless Ruby (RFR), Stygian Blackwater (SB), Apollonite (Ap) and Discordite (Di) to make my components to make my ammo.

During weekdays I spend all my time to find the ores. I used Merlin's list to find mining spots, I have found a few but the ores I really need are almost non-present.

My biggest problem is that (high levels big guild) players come in, zap out the ores they need then leave me with a field full of 'leftovers'. Many times I find myself cleaning out the fields in hope of a respawn but alas, by the time I cleared a field I have to go to bed again.

After 2 weeks of mining with my (very small) guild we have about 200 SB (this one isn't really a problem), about 120 Di but the Ap and RFR are getting cherrypicked so badly it's almost impossible to find. We have about 20-25 of those.

I'm gonna use my Pw this weekend, but with my 6 Archos I think I will have used all the ammoparts in eehh.. 2 hours or so?

My question is: does anyone know spots that are very evry rich in the ores I need?

And second: is there anything to be done against all the cherrypicking?

It's very hard to compete against the big guilds (we have a 7-people guild), and the prices on Market are like 5 million for 1 stack, so 20 million just for a complete set. That is, IF anyone offers it.

Can anyone help us to some good spots?

I found a liiiiittle bit of Ap in Fenris, Nav Point Derelict in the level 8 crystals.

I found some Disco in Glory's Orbit, near Crystal View and Gahaarns Rock.

I found enough SB in Aragoth Prime, Aragoth Resource field 1 and 2.

But the RFR.. and Ap .. almost nothing.

Help!

Is there a way to adjust a roid so that once someone starts mining it, it starts a timer similar to the corpse timer on a dead mob? Like you have 2 or 3 minutes to get the rest of the ores out of the roid before it disappears and starts its respawn timer? Would need to make sure that a roid that disappears before all of the ores have been taken out don't count for the person as far as the field clear bonus goes. I've noticed a lot of people saying they get to a field and the ores that are supposed to be there aren't there and I'm thinking its probably just because the field has been cherry-picked and they are only seeing the leftovers.

Raw Flawless Ruby (RFR) - i dont remember realy but i will start looking (i think in Io near Discordite spot is also RFR spot)

Stygian Blackwater (SB) - i dont remember realy but i will start looking (check Io)

Apollonite (Ap) - lots of it in New Edinburg, i was just selling it to vendor but from now on im gonna save it for ammo

Discordite (Di) - huge amounts of Disco can be found in Io near Tempest Fringe

Raw Flawless Ruby (RFR) - i dont remember realy but i will start looking (i think in Io near Discordite spot is also RFR spot)

Stygian Blackwater (SB) - i dont remember realy but i will start looking (check Io)

Apollonite (Ap) - lots of it in New Edinburg, i was just selling it to vendor but from now on im gonna save it for ammo

Discordite (Di) - huge amounts of Disco can be found in Io near Tempest Fringe

This would be a good thing to put in the asteroid navs in Jupiter, when their fields are restored, those things could be found there in Live, in decent quantities. The orefields had L7 & L8 asteroids, crystal asteroids, hydrocarbons, and glowing asteroids. Sometimes L7 roids (all types) could have L6 ores in them alongside L7 ones.

BEST option would be do away with those Archos :P Those things are ammo hogs as you've seen. Try to swap some out for 2-3 (Atleast 2-3) Bile PLs. A good starter setup for now would be a Reaver, 2 Biles, 2 Archos, and a Ballista. That would lessen the mining you have to do greatly.

For Raw Flawless Ruby, try the Frontier Buoy in Shepard (east of Nav Shepard 1. On the dev server, I was able to get 36 units of it in about 10 minutes. Of course, I had no competition, but if you camp that field for more than 30 minutes (the field respawn timer), you should get a good amount.

How about contacting one of the Guild leaders and asking him/her if they could ask their miners to stop cherry-picking? That's pretty rude behavior and I would like to think that any respectable Guild would not intentionally cherry-pick fields like that.

This is awesome info folks!

Stor: good sector for the Apollo, thnx :P

Whitelighter: bile-parts are also very very hard for us to get, I'm the only level 150 player in our guild ;) Some people donated the ammo-parts to me, (thnx for that, EnB community is the best!), but I we would really like to be self-sufficient (err .. spelling?) so I;m gonna stick to the Archos-FotM-Ballista ;)

Cdel, gonna try that nav out when my coffee is ready :)

Jarod, I agree with with you but I dont want to get involved into guild politics. I;m here for pleasure not a re-enactment of my real life job :D I stay away from big guilds as far as possible ;)

Okay, lemme get back to my mining business.

Laterzz :D

I am curious, what is this Neeed for superior ammo?

Sure, a lot of launchers do not have vendor bought ammo so it must be manufactured - that much is understandable. But Archos ammo!?

Why not just buy from the vendor? The extra time taken to kill the mobs is more than negated by the time saved not having to find ammo ores.

The only real reasons to have superior ammo is if someone wants to have some KS-ing fun with you, or if you are doing a raid with few people.

Noin,

There are a lot of fields that are off of the nav paths, and many of them do have the ores you are looking for. Try to go explore a little bit and see if you can find any of these fields. They are usually visited less frequently, so you might have better luck. Just make sure that when you find one you write down the sector and coordinates so that you can find it again.

Hello,

Ok, time for me to weight in on this topic. There is more then enough ore in the game right now to make everyone happy! In fact there is problliy 3 times more ore then is needed and I still have 1/3 of the sectors to go. Miners are "Explorers" and that is what you guys need to do is explorer! If you do not have my ore list get it and it will list the sectors that have each ore. Compared to the rest of the things in the game that have issues, ores are not one of them and if you are not getting enough ores then you need to look harder because they are out there! TTYL :-)

Merlin

There is more then enough ore in the game right now to make everyone happy! In fact there is problliy 3 times more ore then is needed and I still have 1/3 of the sectors to go.
I'm curious.

By what math did you calculate that there is 3 times more ore than is needed?

I ask because if your maths is good as your spelling - we may need a recount :P

I'm curious.

By what math did you calculate that there is 3 times more ore than is needed?

I ask because if your maths is good as your spelling - we may need a recount :P

Ok funny boy, I hope you never have to ask me for help some time! Since I am the one who does the ore field I should have a good idea as to what is or isn't there. Oh by all meens please correct my spelling for me again!

Merlin

also - once someone touches a field, it will respawn completely after the field respawn time has elapsed anyway (usually between 15 and 30 mins). I thought by now that would be common knowledge, since it's been that way for at least a year and a half.

Does this mean you could fly up to a roid containing an AA (!!!) and it despawns in your face?

In which case it would be nice if roids only despawn if players are further than X distance (perhaps 15k?) away.

Aragorn: ok, good advice. I invested heavily in scan skill and scan items so I should be ok...

Merlin: thnx I found the list! ;)

Tienbau: ok I only been playing for 4 weeks or so but now I know. I never mined in my life, not even in Live. So.. kinda of a newbie here ;)

Thnx for the info.

/me goes back to exploring!